More future schedule dates/opponents for 2021/2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More future schedule dates/opponents for 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could we get Air Force Academy?
Other than the USAFA playing at West Point and Annapolis, Air Force doesn’t play too many games on nor near the Atlantic. “get”? Maybe an away game, but a return homer?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would easily sign up for one game a year in NYC for a neutral site game against a service academy. Every year UConn plays either Navy, Army or Army Air Corps.

Or, make it in D.C or another major east coast city. But, make it consistent.

Reaction Score
Other than the USAFA playing at West Point and Annapolis, Air Force doesn’t play too many games on nor near the Atlantic. “get”? Maybe an away game, but a return homer?
I did see they played VMI, Florida Atlantic, Stony Brook, Colgate and some schools in deep south over recent years. Air Force ranked 27th so would be a challenge for UConn.

Reaction Score
I know this is going to seem like a gratuitous slam, it is not meant to be, but just how bad has it gotten when fans see playing a H/H with a third level California school as a "nice get"?

You're absolutely right. It's a gratuitous slam.

Fresno State plays in a conference that was close in strength to ours, and even before our collapse drew crowds and won games similar to us. At no point in our development would this have been a bad home and home to take.

Reaction Score
I know this is going to seem like a gratuitous slam, it is not meant to be, but just how bad has it gotten when fans see playing a H/H with a third level California school as a "nice get"?

In our heyday, we would’ve welcomed this series. I know you’re not trying to be a , but you are - I refer to it as boneyarditis

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty confident never, until San Jose State next season. IIRC, the Huskies’ furthest west games were played in Boise followed by the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, AZ
Um, BYU in Provo with Red Pants at the helm?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Nothing to whoop about. I look at it as better than Tulsa. I'm going to judge future schedules this way:

P5 teams play 8-10 P5 games, for us anything over 6 is super, 5 is perfectly acceptable
P5 teams play 4-5 P5 home games, for us anything over 3 is super, 2 is perfectly acceptable
P5 teams play 7 home games, for us 7 is super, 6 is OK assuming #2 is met.
Non P5 games should favor the better more recognizable G5 teams, no demerits for other independents.
1 local lower FBS is OK, 2 is npt.
1 FCS is acceptable, 2 is not.

1 FCS
1 local FBS
5-6 P5
4-5 higher G5/indys
Roughly split H/A

Reaction Score
You're absolutely right. It's a gratuitous slam.

Fresno State plays in a conference that was close in strength to ours, and even before our collapse drew crowds and won games similar to us. At no point in our development would this have been a bad home and home to take.

You are probably right, even though it was not meant to be.

My first reaction was "hey that is pretty good". Then reality set in when I remembered how, before the collapse, the fan base would get all bent out of shape when a rumored 2 or 1 with a name team was discussed. Now it is payday games at former conference opponents and H/H with Fresno State. Just depressing.

Then again it is mid December and the winter solstice is just around the corner.

Reaction Score

Per the Courant:

"The school will work with Holy Cross on a new date for a game that had been scheduled for Sept. 2, 2021, per an athletic department spokesman. UConn will announce further games in the coming weeks, according to a press release."

Reaction Score
How often have they even played in CA? Hence why I mentioned playing out there would be good exposure for the brand and the program.

Exposure....exposure....hey!! exposure...more exposure...super exposure...mega exposure...super-duper exposure.

Reaction Score
Um, BYU in Provo with Red Pants at the helm?
... try to forget Disastro, yet Provo’s a close 3rd in UConn gridiron’s furthest west away game rankings. Thanks for the reminder, but scheduling Hawaii should kill off any domestic competition specifically in the 50 states. Get on it ‘cap!

Reaction Score
Would be interesting to see what the home games looks like for 2021 without UMass and Army. It'll be a huge challenge to put together a good home schedule. Can't expect fans to buy tickets for another one like 2020.

Reaction Score
I did see they played VMI, Florida Atlantic, Stony Brook, Colgate and some schools in deep south over recent years.
Sure if “some= 2 Air Force AWAY games total along the Atlantic seaboard not against Navy or Army the past decade+
(FAU and GA State = recruiting).

FCS scheduling plugs: 1-off HOME games with FCS VMI (M = military; USAFA alumni/ veterans; DC relations; DMV recruiting) and 1 HOME game each with Colgate and Stony Brook.

Aside from 1 game AT Wake, traditional ND and B1G games, and the USNA and the USMA, Air Force has NO upcoming scheduled games east of the Mississippi. It doesn’t mean games couldn’t be scheduled with UConn, but it would be an exception.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The MWC just announced a deal with Fox/CBS Sports over ESPN. I think we'll see a good amount of MWC teams on our future football schedules.

Reaction Score
I believe our independent schedule will be better than AAC...UCF on the schedule? I'd love to get H&H with USF, too...

Reaction Score
I agree. I like the diverse schedule. Obviously, not sure if it makes sense TV, financially and bowl wise, but it's like playing a bunch of bowl games against random teams. I thought part of the fun of bowl games was playing teams you don’t normally play. Now...every week is bowl week.

Which....considering our situation, this may be the only way we are in a bowl ;)
no disrespect but this makes no sense.
all we've heard is how fans want to see local teams, teams with some history, yada yada...
every clown on here happy with BE move is spouting about how great Buffalo, UMass will be for our schedule.
and now we're supposed to get jacked for Fresno State?

look... if you're happy about the BE move, great. But don't tell me I need to get pumped for more local flair, and then tell me to get pumped because we're playing schools with even less of an attachment than our old conference mates.

Bottom line, if Uconn had won a few more games, and been competitive in a few others, the AAC could have worked. The league's profile has been on the rise and that was with Uconn at a 20 year low for BB and a decade of ineptitude in FB. The only program to come through were the women, and unfortunately for them, they went on a NC drought.

Reaction Score
Would be interesting to see what the home games looks like for 2021 without UMass and Army. It'll be a huge challenge to put together a good home schedule. Can't expect fans to buy tickets for another one like 2020.
The home games are really bad.

Reaction Score
At this point the Huskies need a winning season more than they need to load up on ACC and MAC teams because they are closer in proximity. Let these guys get bowl eligible for a change even if it means traveling across country. I just want to see these guys win more games than they lose in a season and I don't care who it's against. Once we are all bored of UConn blowing out sub top 50 schools year after year you'll have a legit complaint about strength of schedule.

Reaction Score
I like the schedule; like someone else said we are trading off Tulsa and ECU for Fresno St. and Middle Tennessee St. so there is no real dropoff. We are getting nationwide exposure and some winnable games.
As a brand new Independent with a 10 year suck run I'm happy for anything resembling good news.

As for complaining 10 years ago about 2-1 and the like, that was a completely different time. We were in the Big East and considered an up and coming program. I think we should accept that we are no longer negotiating from a position of strength and I think our AD is doing a good job filling up the schedule.

Reaction Score
Lot of P5 schools so that’s a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer