More future schedule dates/opponents for 2021/2022 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

More future schedule dates/opponents for 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I assumed he was thinking more along the lines of playing USC as their replacement for UC Davis?
Presumably, if USC is trying to get out of a scheduled game they must already have an opponent lined up. Maybe that opponent is UConn, but if it isn't then it's probably a bit late to get in that game.

Reaction Score
USC looking to boot UC-Davis from its 2021 schedule......a trip to Cali is always nice.

suddenly

Cal - Davis is a dangerous opponent & USC is running

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Really? I didn’t get accepted to UConn when it was easy to. I’ve had non athletic UConn alumni get trained by and work for me. They were fine but not superior. My executive director went to Westfield State. Suggest hiring the individual and not the degree. Most college kids cheat anyways and the athletes take peds.
Most college kids cheat anyway? Define cheating. Source.

Reaction Score
Already playing Fresno to start the season that year. Would they try and reshuffle some games and head to Cali twice in a year?
Im talking about playing SC.

Reaction Score
Really you want UConn to lower their standards for admission to UConn? I don't. When I'm hiring, I know a UConn degree is a good standard. If they lower their standards, to get better athletes, we need to figure out if we want gold standard degrees or tin standard degrees?
Always an interesting discussion. But I think you can accept 50 athletes annually and no do damage to the institutional status. I’m reminded of a conversation I had with the Mayor of a major northeastern city. He was being blasted in the media for filling city jobs with political connections. He said “ hey, just because somebody supports me doesn’t mean he isn’t qualified for his job. I figure at least 50% would get hired even if they were unknown to my people. Plus I fill 1/3 of jobs completely on merit. And most of them support me but it isn’t a qualification for the job. So bottom line is at least 2/3 of the people I hire are perfectly qualified for their jobs.” I figure similar numbers apply to athletes. If you recruit 50 among the major sports 30 would likely get in anyway. And 20 in a class of 3500 is way less than 1%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom