Monday's other games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Monday's other games

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think Russell has improved a lot (she would have been special had she been coached at UCONN) and Nared is a baller, but Tennessee is a hot mess. Can't tell you tho THRILLED I am to see them go home. Congrats to L'ville for a well played complete game. I hope DD and Russell leave for the pros next at the end of this season.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
At the end of the Louisville/UT game Moore fell to the floor cramping. Cramping means you failed to prepare with your hydration before the game. I have no sympathy. Young players learn hard lessons the hard way. Good thing it wasn't crucial to the game or in the FF.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
PAC12 is good!! Have been all year. I'm not surprised by Oregon at all. I been saying all year Graves is gonna make Oregon relevant.
If Oregon had to deal that heartbreaking loss to Temple, I'm glad to see them reaching the Sweet 16. It's hard not to like this Oregon team, so much youth and very selfless, team-oriented players.

My happiness for Oregon, of course, is tempered by my sadness for how Duke's season ended once again in the shadow of injury. After such an impressive bounce-back season, and an All-American-caliber year by Lexie Brown, the injury bug hits again.

Ruthy Hebard had a *monster* game with 20 points and 15 rebounds. Cazorla, Bando, and Ionescu also finished in double figures and combined for 17 assists.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
UT and Louisville - yikes! A lack of basketball knowledge in crucial situations. Holly is terrible.

Probably Diamond's last game.

JordyG

Reaction Score
If Oregon had to deal that heartbreaking loss to Temple, I'm glad to see them reaching the Sweet 16. It's hard not to like this Oregon team, so much youth and very selfless, team-oriented players.

My happiness for Oregon, of course, is tempered by my sadness for how Duke's season ended once again in the shadow of injury. After such an impressive bounce-back season, and an All-American-caliber year by Lexie Brown, the injury bug hits again.

Ruthy Hebard had a *monster* game with 20 points and 15 rebounds. Cazorla, Bando, and Ionescu also finished in double figures and combined for 17 assists.
Yeah. Hard for a team to win against good teams without their starting PG. Duke played hard and courageously, but the lack of leadership and a third offensive option doomed them. It wasn't hard for me before the game to predict a loss. Also if Turner doesn't return for ND and they lose it won't be much of an upset.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Anybody else notice the zero eye contact hand shake by Walz/Warlick? It was unusually fast/both coaches seemed quite disinterested in each other. Might be over reading it, but it caught me off guard..
That was one of the fastest "Fly by" handshakes I've ever seen.

JordyG

Reaction Score
That was one of the fastest "Fly by" handshakes I've ever seen.
Geno also failed to smile when Q was congratulatory. Not very surprising there.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah. Hard for a team to win against good teams without their starting PG. Duke played hard and courageously, but the lack of leadership and a third offensive option doomed them. It wasn't hard for me before the game to predict a loss. Also if Turner doesn't return for ND and they lose it won't be much of an upset.
Losing Lambert narrowed the margin of error for Duke, and they needed Brown and Greenwell to both have great games.
Brown had 25 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, and only 1 turnover. She did her part and then some.
Greenwell? 6 points, 0-for-6 from 3, and 5 turnovers.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I would just like to see Cali give Baylor a little fight for at least a half. Cali has a little height and speed so we'll see.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Losing Lambert narrowed the margin of error for Duke, and they needed Brown and Greenwell to both have great games.
Brown had 25 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, and only 1 turnover. She did her part and then some.
Greenwell? 6 points, 0-for-6 from 3, and 5 turnovers.
Yeah. I wanted to see Lexi face Maryland. To bad. Not going to happen.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Why do so many people say "Vooivull"? I know it's a bit of a tongue stapler but....

Plebe

Reaction Score
I would just like to see Cali give Baylor a little fight for at least a half. Cali has a little height and speed so we'll see.
Honestly, I just don't see it. Maybe for about a quarter. Cal just doesn't have the horses to run with Baylor.

Assuming that Brown is guarding Anigwe, my one thought would be to bring Anigwe up into the high post to draw Brown up. Anigwe can hit that 15-footer or, if Brown comes up to guard that, she has the quickness for a blow-by and maybe draw some fouls.

Other than Anigwe, though, Baylor is far better at every other position, and they have waaaaaay more depth. I will be shocked if it's not a very comfortable Baylor lead by halftime.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno also failed to smile when Q was congratulatory. Not very surprising there.
They both seemed to have a few things to say to each other in a friendly way - not a blow by at all and pretty warm to my eye - but we all read into these tings what we want to with no clue what actually was said most of the time. Holly might have said see you in an hour for dinner on her way by! :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They both seemed to have a few things to say to each other in a friendly way - not a blow by at all and pretty warm to my eye - but we all read into these tings what we want to with no clue what actually was said most of the time. Holly might have said see you in an hour for dinner on her way by! :rolleyes:
Yeah, they had an extended man-hug. Lots of back patting, too. It seemed very collegial.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Quinnipiac ties Miami... 20 to 20 1 min left in the 1st.

25 to 22 'Cats after the 1st!!

JordyG

Reaction Score
Washington so far having problems with Oklahoma's length, 2/3 zone, and 3 point shooting. 32-31 7:06 in the first.

Reaction Score
That's typical Warlick. She is such a sore loser. In the old days, when UConn and Tenn played each other, she wouldn't shake Geno hand. Also, Holly is such a lousy coach. To bad Kara Lawson has such a good gig at ESPN because I bet she would be a really good coach. She knows her stuff.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Well generally when one coach congratulates you, you smile and say thank you. No smile from Geno. No blow by by any means. But was not warm and cuddly to me.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Washington so far having problems with Oklahoma's length, 2/3 zone, and 3 point shooting. 32-31 7:06 in the first.
Oklahoma is a very hot-and-cold 3-point shooting team. They have about 5 players who can hit them, but there's no predicting which ones on a given night.

Carter came off the bench and hit several. Then Dungee hit, and so did Little. That's what will keep Oklahoma in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom