Monday games: ND @ NC State, Oregon @ OSU | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Monday games: ND @ NC State, Oregon @ OSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Timeout NC State...93-64.

Sadly...I didn't record "Jeopardy" tonight because I wanted to record this game, in case we won so I could watch it again. I will not be watching this game again!

Go grab a Hard Apple Cider and a Pizza.... thats what I do

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
RU-IU going down to the wire. And-1, missed the FT, but got the ball back on a scramble. Rutgers up 2 w/ 56 seconds left, Indiana ball.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Rutgers choke in progress.

Stasha Carey fouls out, and then Cryor misses 2 free throws.
Indiana gets a bucket and foul, then rebounds the missed FT.

Indiana down 2 but has the ball with 56 secs left.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Final: 95-72. Notre Dame improves to 24-3, 11-2 ACC and moves back into 1st place, all alone. Wolfpack Women fall to 22-3, 9-3 ACC and now all alone in 4th place.

Elissa Cunane with a career-high 28 points for the Wolfpack Women.

And now I have to wait until tomorrow night to get my "Jeopardy" fix.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looking at final stats, it sure seemed like NC State had more than 15 TO's. ND sure made them pay for it pretty much every time. Irish w/ 76 FGA, that's a bunch. Hit more than 50% of them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
sadwolf.jpg

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just realized that both Rutgers and Indiana are on 3-game losing streaks. Indiana's skid started with the injury to Patberg. I think Rutgers' streak may have started with the expulsion of Jenkins?

Reaction Score
Perhaps a politically incorrect question, but I'm really curious:

How much money is spent by the schools and/or apparel companies to produce special pink uniforms?
I was kinda wondering that. Just guessing but, since these televised Kay Yow games are always between top teams who have good shoe/uniform contracts, I suspect ESPN is able to lean on the teams’ uniform partners for charity freebies.

Reaction Score
I was kinda wondering that. Just guessing but, since these televised Kay Yow games are always between top teams who have good shoe/uniform contracts, I suspect ESPN is able to lean on the teams’ uniform partners for charity freebies.
I think the shoe/apparel companies are happy to supply all kinds of alternative uniforms.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think the shoe/apparel companies are happy to supply all kinds of alternative uniforms.
I guess my overly pragmatic self can't help but question:

Why not take whatever money and resources the apparel companies spend in designing and producing alternate uniforms, and donate that to actual cancer research?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Grymek starting tonight for OSU. 2 TOs in 2 minutes, Slocum got a quick hook.

Make it 3 TOs. Good grief.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
So nice to watch a PAC 12 game in HD. Can actually identify some of the players.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How does OSU come out this flat in a game this big? UO 7-2 early.

Goodman w/ a 3 from the corner, hopefully gets them going.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Why not take whatever money and resources the apparel companies spend in designing and producing alternate uniforms, and donate that to actual cancer research?

Because they can sell the pink unis, pink t-shirts etc. and donate the profits to cancer research. Or at least some of the profits.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Goodman 2-3 on 3's and McWilliams and Grymek both have a bucket. Slocum got benched (it wasn't because she picked up a quick foul, don't pay attention to the announcers) and Pivec is invisible so far. The starting guards gotta show up.

Ionescu scored a couple buckets immediately to start the game and Boley knocked in a 3, but Ducks haven't scored in a while.

Maybe a little harsh on Pivec, she does have 2 boards and 2 assists, hasn't attempted a shot yet.

Reaction Score
Because they can sell the pink unis, pink t-shirts etc. and donate the profits to cancer research. Or at least some of the profits.
It’s similar to any other alternative uniform. We just had Adidas “Harlem Renaissance” alternatives for Black History month and we’ve had grey and black in addition to standard maroon road and white home uniforms.

Oregon football with Nike was the trendsetter years ago.

Reaction Score

My marketing background says the special uni expense is likely small compared to the additional donations they hope it generates. My marketing background also says it would be very difficult to prove whether there is actually any payback on the uniforms specifically - they are just one component of the whole promotion. You could partially do this by comparing the proceeds of pink uniform fan auction proceeds to the cost to supply them. But IMO that is probably only a peripheral (perceived) benefit.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They're talking about Ionescu a whole bunch (for good reason), but Goodman is lighting it up w 11 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom