Monday games: ND @ NC State, Oregon @ OSU | The Boneyard

Monday games: ND @ NC State, Oregon @ OSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Both on ESPN2.
ND-NCSt starts at 7pm ET; "Civil War" part 2 starts at 9.

[Also showing, on the Big Ten Network: Rutgers at Indiana]

Reaction Score
It would be fun to watch Note Dame lose

giphy.gif

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Elissa Cunane with 8 points already...timeout Notre Dame. 4:54 left 1st quarter...Irish leading, 12-10.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This is the first game of the season where NC State has been an underdog.

Elissa Cunane has started well, already with 8 points.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That behind the back pass was so lucky lol

I thought so too, but the replay seemed to reveal that she had a pretty good idea where her teammate was. That was a heck of a play.

Plebe

Reaction Score
You would never know watching them play today

They look good so far
Yes, but just think how good they could be with Grace Hunter and the Erika Cassell.

They're in this game thanks to hot 3-point shooting. But I fear it'll be very hard to stay that hot and maintain scoreboard pressure while also avoiding foul trouble.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cunane has been, IMO, the premier 2018 steal.

Not sure what all schools that were recruiting her... but I know she is studying to be a VET...... so State made sense.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
End of 1st quarter...Notre Dame holding a 23-21 lead.

NC State with three THREEs.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes, but just think how good they could be with Grace Hunter and the Erika Cassell.

They're in this game thanks to hot 3-point shooting. But I fear it'll be very hard to stay that hot and maintain scoreboard pressure while also avoiding foul trouble.

Losing Ealey at PG really hurts.. Koenig can play the point... but she is much better off the ball. I was thinking the Clemson coach would run away with the ACC coach of the year... but if State can somehow finish in the top 3 in the league... Moore might get it.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Not sure what all schools that were recruiting her... but I know she is studying to be a VET. so State made sense.

Cunane's parents went to NC State...and she has wanted to play for NC State her whole life. Noone else was ever going to get Cunane except NC State.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If these officials had been calling the UConn - UCF game yesterday, at least two of their player's would be on the bench with 2 to 3 fouls in the first quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not sure what all schools that were recruiting her... but I know she is studying to be a VET. so State made sense.
NC State had to beat out some of the best programs in the country for Cunane. She held early offers from NC State, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia Tech, and Virginia among others before picking the Wolfpack.​
"I had a top five of NC State, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest," she stated. "I visited all the campuses and went to games at all the schools before making my decision."​
NC State appealed to Cunane for a variety of reasons.​
"School-wise it's great because I want to be a Veterinarian and State has a great Vet school," she said. "It's close to home, and I really like the players. I've been to games and I was there a couple of weeks ago when they beat Duke. The atmosphere was great."​

Cunane Gives Early Commitment To NC State

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Scoring pace has slowed down in Q2. ND missing too many FTs, if this stays close that could haunt them.

NC State has had several chances to take the lead but can't capitalize.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is second NC St game I have watched, they have one fan you hear over everyone. He must have a megaphone!

I have a theory that one really loud fan goes to almost every game all over the country. Especially audible during FTs. I call that fan "The Screaming Banshee."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom