Mojo time! Hanging Nomination thread link | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mojo time! Hanging Nomination thread link

Reaction Score
He's in NYC. They play Hofstra, Manhattan, St. Peters etc. Probably easy games to get to. It's really amazing how geographically solid the MAAC is.
I know.

Grasping at straws to find someone worthy. Not saying he is deserving. But his stature on the Yard is certainly a mighty offering.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Let's just pick eight people worthy of the honor in true Boneyard fashion and have a bracket to determine who gets hanged.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Do they get to come back with impunity and post against interest in perpetuity?

Must we abide?

Or is this the opportunity to leverage some anti-mojo mojo with arrogant & spoiled OG malcontents wandering like zombies, telling us we wouldn't even exist if not for them, eternally doomed to emphasize their personalities over eternal principles, confused as to whether they are the wave or the water, battling as ego in the midst of the WE season.

Perhaps they EACH wear a Cooley scrotum badge of dishonor. Let them be counted.

This team of Vader-like tragic figures is pitiable or powerful. Let's make it the latter.

It is a collective responsibility for 'the rest of us' to help them down from their rickety ladder and into a circle of support, doing our best to bring UConn a National Championship without the instantly identifiable alpha, but instead as the smashmouth machine that builds as a team the insurmountable lead, and then plays smart as the clock ticks toward victory.

We win with what and who we have, without whinging and whining and wishing beyond the bounds of reality.

When we say, "Let's go Huskies," it refers to US!
Let. Us. Do. It.
One
Game
At
A
Time

Phew
And now with the Snore who Ignores adding post 54, I'm adding a bit more to the whiteboard.

@Deepster, @Fishy, and @August_West are all hanging veterans, and they can also team well with @temery bring a service initiative to fruition, akin to a Delta House-like frat taking on some dogooder thing to escape being banned.

Deepster already has the badge of Cooley's bag, and he continues to demonstrate his iron-strong will to take a dump on any attempts to shake his I me me mine claim on the mojo.

Fishy gets Boeheim on his Senhor, in thanks for his part in what makes SyracuseFan.com such a familiar user experience for a visitor to delight in.

Augie's bragging about going to Albany with a snarky white sweatshirt that begs for somebody to dip a wiener in ketchup and tag his tog with a bright red A, begs the question of whether it's good or bad mojo for him to get Slick Rick's mug on his sack, as neither Ewing nor Anderson really merit inclusion? Is there a better choice?

And is there a comparable 4th Avatar of the Formerly Hung?

Is there anything more for these retread reprobate to do than wear their badge, affirm their allegiance in word & deed to the good guys, and raise money for a good cause?

Do Worthy Patterson and Fred Shabel play a part in any of this? Clock's ticking...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I had to apologize to a Marquette couple after the game because some idiot behind me chucked a hotdog at her husband.

We beat Providence then we resort to being Providence by throwing things and acting like fools.

They're out there. Walking the streets after the Marquette loss, Hurley Haters were screaming he had to go, we're never going to win anything with him.

MSG seems especially bad. In the Ollie years there were fans screaming (and swearing) at our team all game long, at one point one of them screaming at Jalen Adams to pick up @#!@@# ball, when Jalen was trying to save time on the clock by letting the ball roll up the court.

So damn bizarre, why do they waste their money going to games?

I love to interact with other fans, they're just cheering their team on like we are. Have fun, enjoy the ride, and act like you've been there before

Go Huskies, destroy Iona, WE ARE UCONN

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I nominate Fizzle, keep him off these boards for three weeks

Reading this thread, I'm thinking he might be a UConn twitter type of guy

Reaction Score
I love the guy. But @Hey Adrien! just said this.

I've watched Iona live this year more than UConn (3x vs 1x), so it was nice writing today's preview more from my eyes than the statsheet. Enjoy!”

Just saying…
Aside from maybe the limerick guy, this one might have the most legs...

@Hey Adrien! you're awesome, but I'm thinking you might need a gentle reminder who runs NYC...keep the scouting reports going but maybe a few hundred lines on the chalkboard of "insert Mojo punishment here" (I'm not clever enough to fill in the blank...) to really hammer it home

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, It’s the nomination thread. It should look like a bunch of chimps throwing poo up against the wall. A few will stick.

I expect that the trial will start soon enough.

@prankster

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lol, It’s the nomination thread. It should look like a bunch of chimps throwing poo up against the wall. A few will stick.

I expect that the trial will start soon enough.

@prankster
I'm trying but I can't think of anybody that jumps out.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I nominate ChatGPT for hanging.

The AI would probably defend itself in interesting ways when we tried to explain what was happening and why. High entertainment potential here. I'm happy to be the mediator, though anyone can do it. Hey, maybe we'll break it, like Captain Kirk talking a robot into self-destructing.

Reaction Score
I love the guy. But @Hey Adrien! just said this.

I've watched Iona live this year more than UConn (3x vs 1x), so it was nice writing today's preview more from my eyes than the statsheet. Enjoy!”

Just saying…
Nominate someone just due to locational logistics and the fact that they simply enjoy going to live games is a weak take, IMO ;)

Reaction Score
I nominate ChatGPT for hanging.

The AI would probably defend itself in interesting ways when we tried to explain what was happening and why. High entertainment potential here. I'm happy to be the mediator, though anyone can do it. Hey, maybe we'll break it, like Captain Kirk talking a robot into self-destructing.

I vote against antagonizing Skynet.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We went over this last year, most of my hanging nominations are all Twitter people. There’s just a few that strike me the wrong way, bad fans. You could say the same thing about a few on here, but we do a good job of smiting the idiots here. Don’t be fooled idiots, we know you’re here too. To summarize 95% of UConn fans are generally happy people, with good hearts. 5% are idiots (50% of the idiots reside on the BY and 50% of the idiots reside on Twitter). I’m not naming names.

Although on second thought, and to comment on @August_West ’s post, I second that we hang the math geeks. All of them. Mass murder. Mass hanging like in the Golden Age of Piracy. Your KenPom and NET trumpets got us a 4 seed. Yay. Thank god we were 7th in the country in effective FG% when the moon shines half bright v. Top 25 defenses who wear red uniforms.

I’ll generate a list.

Reaction Score
I'm down for UConn Twitter. Just an obnoxious, poor representation of our fanbase that lives in its own permanently online circle-'j'... I mean "echo chamber".

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm down for UConn Twitter. Just an obnoxious, poor representation of our fanbase that lives in its own permanently online circle-'j'... I mean "echo chamber".
Hanging someone who’s not actually on The Boneyard seems pointless to me, but I’ll go with whatever is decided.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
An execution in absentia would be a unique approach.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Although on second thought, and to comment on @August_West ’s post, I second that we hang the math geeks. All of them. Mass murder. Mass hanging like in the Golden Age of Piracy. Your KenPom and NET trumpets got us a 4 seed. Yay. Thank god we were 7th in the country in effective FG% when the moon shines half bright v. Top 25 defenses who wear red uniforms.

I like it. I consider most of them excellent posters and they have value in their analysis. But that is sacrifice the gods require. A lesson must be taught. THe mojo gods scoff at metrics. The mojo gods don't see numbers. They only see trophies.

August_West

Reaction Score
Hanging someone who’s not actually on The Boneyard seems pointless to me, but I’ll go with whatever is decided.
It's a non starter, as much as I'd like to burn it all down. Except for Tcf and Penfield.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's a non starter, as much as I'd like to burn it all down. Except for Tcf and Penfield.
We’d have to launch an active campaign against them on Twitter. It’s doable, I guess, but UConn fans brawling UConn fans doesn’t seem like good mojo to me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We’d have to launch an active campaign against them on Twitter. It’s doable, I guess, but UConn fans brawling UConn fans doesn’t seem like good mojo to me.
We absolutely don't want that.

August_West

Reaction Score

I mean isnt that what a hanging is anyway?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We absolutely don't want that.
Cannot divide the fan base. Non-starter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom