Mojo time! Hanging Nomination thread link | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mojo time! Hanging Nomination thread link

Reaction Score
Even though I totally agree with Fishy about Hurley and point guards, he should be hung for messing with the MOJO! I can't understand how it could be anyone other than him. Even freescooter has been resurrected now that Shaka Smart won COY.

Hang Fishy for all his asinine posts regarding transfers this past summer. Bad posts happen to the best of us. But c’mon.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Can we hang “UConn Twitter”.

Just the name alone annoys me, and the fact that a group of idiots on twitter have any actual self importance is laughable (ignore any potential parallels to the boneyard, this is completely different).

Maybe we can pool money to gofundme some North Korean hackers to gain control of their accounts and delete them / post something that would get them cancelled.
Peak UConn fandom to attack other UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Peak UConn fandom to attack other UConn fans.
C8B558E1-1FCA-42AF-8E3E-22ABFF222D20.gif

Reaction Score
“We can’t take transfers because that would mean we failed.” Hang him.

Reaction Score
I've had some hang worthy posts so I'll just sit back and watch the witch hunt: like that joke of a guy who tried to catch the Bartman ball, whiffed on it, and then proceeded to trip the gallows for old Stevie with his own unathletic, goofy hand.

Reaction Score
Navery's dislike button. Got a bunch of those for calling out our PG problem early. Or saying anything negative about Andre.

Not enough of a notable poster to deliver the requisite mojo but not a bad recommendation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We did string up Fishy once. I don't remember if that was 2003 or 2004. Either way, I'm not sure we should be going back to the same well.
I’m inclined to agree absent, some glaring and egregious breach of conduct, I think we treat the “Hangees” as “already dead” For the purposes of mojo.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’m inclined to agree absent, some glaring and egregious breach of conduct, I think we treat the “Hangees” as “already dead” For the purposes of mojo.
Do they get to come back with impunity and post against interest in perpetuity?

Must we abide?

Or is this the opportunity to leverage some anti-mojo mojo with arrogant & spoiled OG malcontents wandering like zombies, telling us we wouldn't even exist if not for them, eternally doomed to emphasize their personalities over eternal principles, confused as to whether they are the wave or the water, battling as ego in the midst of the WE season.

Perhaps they EACH wear a Cooley scrotum badge of dishonor. Let them be counted.

This team of Vader-like tragic figures is pitiable or powerful. Let's make it the latter.

It is a collective responsibility for 'the rest of us' to help them down from their rickety ladder and into a circle of support, doing our best to bring UConn a National Championship without the instantly identifiable alpha, but instead as the smashmouth machine that builds as a team the insurmountable lead, and then plays smart as the clock ticks toward victory.

We win with what and who we have, without whinging and whining and wishing beyond the bounds of reality.

When we say, "Let's go Huskies," it refers to US!
Let. Us. Do. It.
One
Game
At
A
Time

Oh wait yes I am.
Phew

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do they get to come back with impunity
I don’t know about that, but they do come back with immunity, of a sort, barring an egregious infraction that I’m not seeing here.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Same thing with the BY, some fans are good some are bad. I much prefer the BY. But I also use Twitter and hop on the Spaces to share my opinions, and call out the idiots for being idiots.

College kid, no concept of money or the real world. He also asked me why I was wearing a “Gay” jersey. Teaching children who Rudy Gay is at MSG (to a UConn student) made me want to dig my eyes out with a fork.

Just ketchup. Thankfully the guy didn’t get much on him. I was so embarrassed.
only balloon knots put ketchup on hot dogs

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don’t know about that, but they do come back with immunity, of a sort, barring an egregious infraction that I’m not seeing here.
That may not be the point this year. The worst offenders (Yes, they're here) haven't got the gravitas to make their hanging worthwhile.

If there's any merit to @temery's suggestion that times have changed, or any strength in @Deepster's disruptive pronouncements on the same theme last year, then we could be in a Boeheim-like situation, but with an opportunity here to give stale legends their proper, respectful due. In other words, maybe we don't need no steenkin' mojo sammiches...commies or not.

A sizeable cadre-like cohort of cantankerous curmudgeons seems hell-bent on pushing the 'we suck & can't do it' canard, desperate to protect falsely-claimed turf, as though it can only be expanded by their loss of any claim to it. But all things must pass. Everything changes, and that's a fact. Sometimes all ya can do is ride the bull.

FACT: This is a National Championship caliber team that needs all the help it can possibly get.

Some folks are quaking in their boots about the 13-seed.

Others are looking ahead to the 12-seed.

Some people are laughing about, predicting, and cheering for an early upset, as though only an excruciating loss can provide a big enough rush to twist itself into the illusion of feeling good about feeling bad. Sometimes falling feels like flying...for a little while.

I haven't looked today, but hope that nobody's still driving full-speed while looking in the rear view mirror, decrying the seeding, the opponents, the brackets, or the locations. I'm willing to make my first bet of the year: they are what they are.

Leave aside your hurry to get to the, "I knew it" - "We were right" celebration.

We're in a Debbie Downer vs. Pollyanna Death Match, when neither label is true, and it's a dubious luxury when from here on out it's one and done, renewable every single game.

This team CAN win it all.
This this will ONLY win playing as a team.
Be a teammate.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We did string up Fishy once. I don't remember if that was 2003 or 2004. Either way, I'm not sure we should be going back to the same well.
That's one reason I didn't suggest myself, since Kansas is in our bracket I might have been a reasonable choice. But I was hung once before on the same charge and it didn't end well.

Reaction Score
I too would volunteer but the amount of mojo I would generate would not be enough to bet CCSU in any sport. As I have said before I have been a UConn fan since the 1960's and have been to many men's and women's tournament games, but just don't post enough here to have created any type of animus.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I love the guy. But @Hey Adrien! just said this.

I've watched Iona live this year more than UConn (3x vs 1x), so it was nice writing today's preview more from my eyes than the statsheet. Enjoy!”

Just saying…
He's in NYC. They play Hofstra, Manhattan, St. Peters etc. Probably easy games to get to. It's really amazing how geographically solid the MAAC is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom