MOJO in Florida | Page 3 | The Boneyard

MOJO in Florida

Reaction Score
Why would someone do that? Thats crazy. I can do everything a pizza place does better at home, EXCEPT for owning a high heat Pizza Oven*
Well, gotta respectfully differ a bit here.
I've seen commercial pizza ovens from 475 to 600. There's more than one way to skin that cat.
Home ovens usually only go to 550, but that's plenty.

What home pizza makers usually do wrong, in no particular order:
Oven not hot enough - should be on full bore - 550.
Did not use stone - absolutely MUST use a stone. The one I use is about 17" in diameter, 5/8" thick, weighs about 10 pounds, and cost about 60 bucks.
Did not preheat long enough. Minimum of 45 minutes with stone in oven after 550 reached. Usually, I try to have the stone at 550 for one hour.
Did not proof dough. Pizza dough develops flavor over a couple of days in the fridge proofing. When I make dough, I proof it for no fewer than 3 days in the fridge. 2 days will work, but will lack flavor. By 5 days it's starting to get "blown," and is not good by 6 days or 7 days.
Pizza dough should be very sticky when done kneading, BTW. It is not bread.
Did not use suitable mozzarella. The pre-shredded stuff usually has non-caking agents in it and is garbage. I use the motz that comes in blocks and I shred it - pain in the rump, but produces the best results. The walmart brand is, believe it or not, usable. Some other brands produce too much fluid on the pizza and are no good.

I worked at a pizza joint for about 5 years, on and off, and have made thousands of pizzas. Used Baker's pride gas/stone and conveyor belt units, as well as several home ovens.

Reaction Score
The mojo is strong. This just opened and I now know where I'll be watching games.

IMG_8115_zpsqimbzjqk.jpg

LeBron wants to thank you for this thread.

Reaction Score
Down in Venice, the black hole for pizza.

Il Panificio in downtown Sarasota. You are welcome.
It's the original, they tried to franchise in venice and italianos was born when the franchisees went wild.

Reaction Score
I know how to make the spooker. ( And I make it frequently)

Shizzle has no idea what it even is

Game over

I am so in and I know Deepster is now too, he's been dreaming of the unknown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom