MNT's 2024 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2024

Reaction Score
I am not intimately familiar with international soccer and the various approaches but I am starting to follow more closely. My thinking though is that I like what I saw from Spain. I don't think the slow, methodical ball control game is a winner for us. We may not be as brilliant but we can certainly be as athletic. Or maybe we can't keep up with the quick highly skilled finishers. I don't know.

Watching Martinez score for Argentina yesterday. It was a very straightforward play and granted he was fresh and the defense was very tired. But I think the USA has a better chance of scoring in transition. It seems here the Colombia defender was caught outside and Martinez had a straight line to the box. I just hope he isn't blamed for the goal by the Colombia fans...

Actually Colombia #15 Uribe was on Martinez and probably should have been in his shorts but let Martinez run, then the outside defender #2 Cuesta was outside had no chance to catch up to Martinez. How are they not double teaming Martinez.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How about Jose Mourinho. This vid came up on my fb feed. He's moved around but I guess he's with Turkey now.

Put it this way, I'd prefer GGG to Mourinho.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How about Rafa Benitez? He’s interested.
Ehh, I think he's a bit stale. But I would enjoy his haughty attitude. He doesn't suffer fools and he would be surrounded by them.

Reaction Score
with the world cup just 2 years away and a mountain of work to do, how quickly with the hire be made?

Reaction Score
IMG_5301.jpeg

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
USMNT dropped 5 spots in the FIFA world rankings to #16, making them the biggest drop inside the top 20. At least they are one spot ahead of Mexico, and Canada is in 40th.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Viera is a realistic pick. Did a good job with underachieving Palace. I could see him doing well in a short cycle. Not sure how he would address the holes in the roster.

My first question for any prospect is where are the goals coming from and what system do you see the US playing based on current personnel.

Second question is what players do you intend to bring in that didn't feature in 23/24.

The only three locks I see right know (including health) are CP, Reyna, and Robinson. Everyone else has competition and/or performance issues.

Reaction Score
Tyler Adams had surgery and is out for a few months. Can't rely on him to be healthy going forward.

That video, with the music and GGG talking about a slide with fancy graphics? So glad he's gone

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom