MNT's 2024 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2024

Reaction Score
Penalty Kick technique - what is your preference?
It seems some players do more of a pass kick for accuracy while others take more of a hard shot. Maybe a slight difference. I know personally I always had a hard time turning my foot sideways while trying to kick hard so I would prefer to shoot straight on with my toe down. Some players seem to be able to drive the ball with their foot turned outward. I guess the difference is whether you open your hips to kick passing style vs. driving the ball

In this clip
1. Messi misses but he did kind of a chip shot
2. Mena drives shot and is blocked
3. Alvarez pass kick style makes it
4. Minda I think a pass kick blocked

Reaction Score
Penalty Kick technique - what is your preference?
It seems some players do more of a pass kick for accuracy while others take more of a hard shot. Maybe a slight difference. I know personally I always had a hard time turning my foot sideways while trying to kick hard so I would prefer to shoot straight on with my toe down. Some players seem to be able to drive the ball with their foot turned outward. I guess the difference is whether you open your hips to kick passing style vs. driving the ball

In this clip
1. Messi misses but he did kind of a chip shot
2. Mena drives shot and is blocked
3. Alvarez pass kick style makes it
4. Minda I think a pass kick blocked

I like the kind that go into the back of the net.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Player wise, not much will charge until they change our culture from top to bottom.

Our system isn’t about creating good players, it’s about seperating vain parents from their money.

It’s a miracle that we’ve generated the players that we have tbh.

And until we have a highly competitive pro league with pro/rel and PRESSURE we probably won’t generate top coaches in the USA. They will have to go abroad like Marsch and Cherundolo (sort of) and get experience.
Yes, yes, yes, and yes! Spot on mate.

Regarding your second point, Carli Loyd mentioned something along those lines in terms of expenditure for the sake of playing time. Went through this with my kids, the higher the "academy" the more money spent, and the less return on investment in terms of joy playing the game. My kid isn't going to Serie A, but do we need 30 kids on a team when you can only roster 18 for games?

On your third point, we may have had "lesser" players a few decades ago, but the team overall played better. Now we have "stars" that suck given how they perform on a national stage. I'll give Pulisic a pass since he's had a rebirth in the last year at AC Milan, but he alone can't will the team to win.

As for your last point, you know as well as I as the closed system of US sports is too much a money grab. Relegation works for foreign clubs as they were never beholden to the type of model we use for the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and MLS. That said, I wish we had relegation or at the very least reduction in the # of MLS teams. The product suffers from talent dilution. I'm glad the league grew, but it doesn't hold the appeal that the first decade did.

Reaction Score
Yes, yes, yes, and yes! Spot on mate.

Regarding your second point, Carli Loyd mentioned something along those lines in terms of expenditure for the sake of playing time. Went through this with my kids, the higher the "academy" the more money spent, and the less return on investment in terms of joy playing the game. My kid isn't going to Serie A, but do we need 30 kids on a team when you can only roster 18 for games?

On your third point, we may have had "lesser" players a few decades ago, but the team overall played better. Now we have "stars" that suck given how they perform on a national stage. I'll give Pulisic a pass since he's had a rebirth in the last year at AC Milan, but he alone can't will the team to win.

As for your last point, you know as well as I as the closed system of US sports is too much a money grab. Relegation works for foreign clubs as they were never beholden to the type of model we use for the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and MLS. That said, I wish we had relegation or at the very least reduction in the # of MLS teams. The product suffers from talent dilution. I'm glad the league grew, but it doesn't hold the appeal that the first decade did.

Charlie Stillitano said it right this morning.

We have the players right now. We just don’t have the manager. He said someone should be camped out in front K-pop’s house right now from the USSF and don’t give up.

He also pointed out that the US players from yesteryear were largely good due to heart and soul. Which I also agree with.

We need a manager that will get these current guys to exceed their capabilities like Arena did in 2002, Bora did in 1994, and Jurgen did in 2014.

Reaction Score
It’s worse than I thought.

Do me a favor and give me a run down of what all these tweets are saying? I'm in China so I only see a blank box and a lot of gnashing of teeth... Kind of like the the realignment tweet threads.

Reaction Score
Do me a favor and give me a run down of what all these tweets are saying? I'm in China so I only see a blank box and a lot of gnashing of teeth... Kind of like the the realignment tweet threads.

This one is Marsch saying he won’t take the USA job until there is a big shift in the organization.

Keep in mind that Canada is an under resourced clown show.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• IMG_5291.jpeg
    IMG_5291.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
USSF is a house full of inbreds squatters. La cosa nostra is more welcoming to outsiders.

Reaction Score
He means "Dan Hurley us" from the UConn point of view and not the Lakers point of view right? Right?

Lakers. He's saying that he is using the USMNT opportunity to leverage a bigger deal with Spain.

Why would he leave Spain. He can win the World Cup with that team. But apparently he only makes 600k Euro a year.

Reaction Score
Lakers. He's saying that he is using the USMNT opportunity to leverage a bigger deal with Spain.

Why would he leave Spain. He can win the World Cup with that team. But apparently he only makes 600k Euro a year.
Yes I know.

Reaction Score
How about Jose Mourinho. This vid came up on my fb feed. He's moved around but I guess he's with Turkey now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom