Reaction Score
We're through. Now to play tune ups against against teams with real footballers

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Damn it
This team cannot continue to so stupid and lazy on defense

Reaction Score
I'm afraid to even say this, but we just need to avoid losing by 6(!) to lock up a WC berth.

The unfortunate thing about Panama being eliminated is that Costa Rica is freerolling here. They're 4th at worst no matter what, so they have nothing to lose by going balls to the wall to try to get 6.

Reaction Score
Great match good to see Pulisic playing well and responding under pressure. Good to see are other forwards scoring too. A great game. Miles Robinson has been our most consistent player so great to see him produce today big. Even Gio Reyna gave us good minutes still battling a stomach bug(We aren't losing to Costa Rica by 6). On to Qatar. I like that this team can score as that is very rare for a USA team.

Reaction Score
Pulisic and Adams are the leaders of this crew. McKennie too. The future is going to be fun. A good showing in the Qatar Slave Cup will be fun over the holidays but good god, how big is 2026?

Now we just need to go take care of the game in San Jose and start scheduling some appealing friendlies.

Reaction Score
I'm afraid to even say this, but we just need to avoid losing by 6(!) to lock up a WC berth.

The unfortunate thing about Panama being eliminated is that Costa Rica is freerolling here. They're 4th at worst no matter what, so they have nothing to lose by going balls to the wall to try to get 6.
True but it should also open up their defense. We should score against them because they need to take a bunch of chances. And even if all the chances they take lead to US goals, they basically end up in the same spot. So we should put at east a couple in the net.

Reaction Score
True but it should also open up their defense. We should score against them because they need to take a bunch of chances. And even if all the chances they take lead to US goals, they basically end up in the same spot. So we should put at east a couple in the net.

Worst thing we can do is trot out a crap lineup. That will just insult them and give them more motivation.

We need to treat the match like any other.

Reaction Score
We were 13th In the last FIFA rankings from February 14th. Since then we have tied Mexico ( in Mexico), and beat Panama 5-1 at home. I assume we will not move much in the next FIFA ranking that comes out on March 31.

So my question is, will we be placed in the second Pot ( teams 9-16) for World Cup draw. I figure we should. Is it just based on the FIFA rankings.

I am sure someone here, knows the details of how the World Cup draw works. Thanks in advance.

Go USA !!!

Reaction Score
I disagree with a lot of the opinions on here. I thought that de la Torre was very solid, played a very professional game. Adams had more dangerous TOs near our goal than de la Torre.

And what's with the Morris hate? He came in played defensively which was appropriate and didn't look out of place. It seems like misplaced emotion.

Reaction Score
We were 13th In the last FIFA rankings from February 14th. Since then we have tied Mexico ( in Mexico), and beat Panama 5-1 at home. I assume we will not move much in the next FIFA ranking that comes out on March 31.

So my question is, will we be placed in the second Pot ( teams 9-16) for World Cup draw. I figure we should. Is it just based on the FIFA rankings.

I am sure someone here, knows the details of how the World Cup draw works. Thanks in advance.

Go USA !!!
Yes, we will almost definitely be placed in the second pot, I can't see us dropping 4 places with the results this month. Switzerland and Croatia haven't won any matches since the last rankings and Uruguay and Sweden have a lot of ground to make up.

Reaction Score
I disagree with a lot of the opinions on here. I thought that de la Torre was very solid, played a very professional game. Adams had more dangerous TOs near our goal than de la Torre.

And what's with the Morris hate? He came in played defensively which was appropriate and didn't look out of place. It seems like misplaced emotion.

Because he’s on the team as part of the MLS quota and not merit.

Reaction Score
Yes, we will almost definitely be placed in the second pot, I can't see us dropping 4 places with the results this month. Switzerland and Croatia haven't won any matches since the last rankings and Uruguay and Sweden have a lot of ground to make up.

This is very similar to 2006, but this team is much younger.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is very similar to 2006, but this team is much younger.
The youth on this team is really encouraging. There's young talent that hasn't played much as well. We haven't seen Dest or Sargent in many months. Aaron and McKennie are down. Reyna is finally back and showing just how much we missed. A Rob has become a stud.

Reaction Score
Last night, there was NO Yedlin, Dest, Aronson, Weah or McKennie. And they still won comfortably.

Reaction Score
Yes, I think our best defense is going to be a threatening offense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When the game is on ESPN or Fox, it's maddening how the analysts talk about nothing but Greggg. Like how it was a genius move to play Tyler Adams in his best position. We've been saying that on the Yard for 3 years!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because he’s on the team as part of the MLS quota and not merit.
I'm no Morris fan. But he's seems to play his best soccer for country. I don't mind him as squad support.

Reaction Score
I read this morning that a forfeit is a 3-0 loss.

That would take uncertainty out of the qualification equation. No?

Reaction Score
I'm no Morris fan. But he's seems to play his best soccer for country. I don't mind him as squad support.

And yet there are so many players that can do better than him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I read this morning that a forfeit is a 3-0 loss.

That would take uncertainty out of the qualification equation. No?
USMNT is going to straight up win this game. Needs to be a no doubt message. I predict 2-1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom