MNT’s 2022 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
At least CP got it on net. Pefok put his in the cheap seats.
Pefok's was so bad I couldn't tell if it was a shot attempt or pointlessly trying to pass back to Reyna for the tap-in.
Reyna's expression was priceless. He could have made that pass to a lot of high school strikers who would have potted it. I do not understand how this team has nobody decent to play in that spot.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Reyna's expression was priceless. He could have made that pass to a lot of high school strikers who would have potted it. I do not understand how this team has nobody decent to play in that spot.
Probably why he tried to dribble all the way in by himself later in the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t think Pulisic’s miss was that bad. The other one was comically bad.

At least with Zardes the ball would unintentionally bounce off his ear and go in.
Yes, but I want more from CP now. And I say Sargent > Pefok.

Reaction Score
Yes, but I want more from CP now. And I say Sargent > Pefok.
WE all want more from CP, but it's like judging whether someone can hit based on one at bat. They each had a chance and flubbed it. Sure, we're all more confident in Pulisic than Pefok, but Pefok has been scoring in his league, and it wasn't like he was being pressured there where the defender was too strong for him. They both missed shots they need to bury. But you can't judge anything from one miss.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Should have won based on missing a couple of sitters, could have easily lost based on a giving up some dangerous counterattacks and parking the bus in the last 20 minutes. Getting a point makes life a little less desparate.

I have a problem with GG replacing 2 forwards with so many key players on yellows. I have a real problem with him wasting a sub on Pefok. I don't see a meaningful difference between him and Pepi lately. Subbing one for the other doesn't have much tactical or attitude value.

I also have a problem with him leaving Arob on an island (partially this is CP's fault) It was an easy attack option for Mexico and it almost paid off a few times. Arob did a better job later in the match but got caught out a bunch in the first half.

I have a problem with GG not pulling Mrob late seeing as he had a yellow. Got away with one.

Yedlin had a pretty good game and will give GG an option if Dest gets sloppy.

We do have 4 very good midfielders. Pick a 5th one for the final roster and focus on other positions.

I'm starting to think we should be playing a false 9 with either CP or Reyna at the top of the diamond in a 4-4-2. The other and Weah/Aaronson can play the wingers. At least our best offensive players are on the field. We are getting zero out of the striker position. This cycle started with us excited about the offense and very concerned about the defense. The D is a bit spotty at times but it is light years ahead of the offense right now.

Steffen still makes me a lot more nervous than when Turner is in net.

Looks like the 8 of the starting 11 is set and GG is going with Zimmerman/MRob at CB, Dest/Yedlin and Arob at FB, Adams/Mckinnie/Musah in the middle and CP/GR/???? up front. I'll still put Turner/Steffen at GK because recent form will matter a lot but Turner should be the choice.

Acosta is the first MF off the bench in case of cards/injury/schedule and could still displace Musah, but I think GG likes his versatility off the bench and I'm now inclined to agree given how well Musah is doing.

Morris doesn't need to play anymore. Shouldn't have played last night unless you agree with GG saving CP/Adams the last 15 minutes because they may need to do back to back 90's to qualify. I don't think I agree with that.

This team is still buttery soft on the ball and gets tossed around easily. Qualifying plus getting out of the group will be a good WC result. Experience for the 2026 cycle is really job 1.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
No Gio in the starting 11? Good lord.

Probably not fit to play 90 and reccover for the next game. He'll be in,

The bigger problem is GG going with fresh legs (unknowns) in the most critical match in 4 years (until Costa Rica). It's CP and a bunch of nobodies.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Probably not fit to play 90 and reccover for the next game. He'll be in,

The bigger problem is GG going with fresh legs (unknowns) in the most critical match in 4 years (until Costa Rica). It's CP and a bunch of nobodies.

I can't believe I'm saying that he should have called in Altidore for this game.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Face slap and a choke slam. Clear penalty. And a close handball.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Big second goal after the uncalled foul

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well the nobodies seem to be somebody. Ferreira doing more than other strikers have.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
de la Torre has been awful. Gets burned on D and has given the ball away several times. He needs to be the first guy subbed.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Well the nobodies seem to be somebody. Ferreira doing more than other strikers have.

Nice calm finish, but let's calm down. ARob and Arriola are the stars so far with CP a close third.

Live table at 3-0 gives the US a +12 GD. CR's game is over and they sit with a +3 GD. If nothing changes CR would need to beat us by 5 goals to knock us out of the 3rd spot. Need to keep a clean sheet for the last 60 min.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Nice calm finish, but let's calm down. ARob and Arriola are the stars so far with CP a close third.

Live table at 3-0 gives the US a +12 GD. CR's game is over and they sit with a +3 GD. If nothing changes CR would need to beat us by 5 goals to knock us out of the 3rd spot. Need to keep a clean sheet for the last 60 min.
Oh I’m calm. Just nice to see a finish. Arriola is always an energizer bunny like Aaronson. Super high work rate.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Second half will be chippy as hell or Panama will just roll over
US has to stop giving ball away on the defensive 1/3 - lazy and sloppy
I think it's time to see some new faces for appreciable time in the second half

Reaction Score
Time to pull Pulisic. Don’t give that jerk Tuchel an excuse to bench him.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The chain of events necessary to drop to 4th is too much for even GG to screw up. Not needing to sweat the last match to qualify was the goal, so mission accomplished, even if they threw a number of scares along the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom