MNT’s 2022 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
center halves are centerbacks. I think.

all this relates to formations that aren’t even used anymore. Sort of like how the single wing isn’t used in football.

american football has its own confusion. Tailbacks, runningbacks, halfbacks….
Yes, center halves are center backs, I was just calling them center halves

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I wondered if someone would say this. I reject having to use British nomenclature to describe positions on a soccer field (not football pitch). To me, the two or three deepest central defenders are and will always be fullbacks, not center halfs, with fullbacks reserved for the outside fullbacks. But I fully agree that the Brits would use the terms differently. But, since they can't win world wars without our help, I don't care!
You can reject it all you want. Miles is still a CB and Jedi is still a FB.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Happy to see McKennie back but I don't need to see him for much more than a cameo, if you know what I'm saying. Perfectly fine playing Adams, Wusah, and Acosta most of the time plus a few for the younger guys. Huge opportunity for CCV, Long, and Cannon in back. Up front is still looking for partners for Pulisic, but I don't expect CP to play more than 140 minutes total. Another shot for Ferreira to stake a claim, but I'd still like to see Weah tried up top. I don't need to see Morris over any of the others who can actually help off the bench. Need to cap tie the two rooks.

I assume both Turner and Steffen will each get a start but given his recent form for both club and country, I'd rather see Horvath over Steffen. I feel like we know what we are going to get from Steffen and it's not what we need.

Reaction Score
Why does Gregggggg hate John Brooks so much? Can we launch Ggggg into the sun and get a real manager for the World Cup?

Reaction Score
We really need to start working on our chemistry. Playing guys together, who will be playing together at the WC.

I would play the presumptive starters for 45 minutes in the style GB wants to play. And than use 45 minutes to experiment with line ups and changes.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Why does Gregggggg hate John Brooks so much? Can we launch Ggggg into the sun and get a real manager for the World Cup?
FWIW, the reason given is that Brooks is in the process of changing clubs. Whether that is justifiable, or an excuse is in the eye of the beholder.

Reaction Score
FWIW, the reason given is that Brooks is in the process of changing clubs. Whether that is justifiable, or an excuse is in the eye of the beholder.

There was a thing on Facebook that had a timeline of Berhalter’s reasons. None of which ever correlate. The guy is totally full of it.

Reaction Score
There was a thing on Facebook that had a timeline of Berhalter’s reasons. None of which ever correlate. The guy is totally full of it.
I agree; hypothetically, if Brooks was on one of the teams in the DFB-Pokal Final he'd probably still not select him and say something like "giving him some time off to rest after a long season and a Cup final". I'd respect Berhalter more if he actually was straightforward about it and say that he doesn't rate/like Brooks and he isn't going to select him; I would still think he's a mediocre manager, but at least he'd be honest instead of the bu11sh1t excuses.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On the goalkeeper front, I really hope Steffen gets a loan move away from Man City thus summer, because I think Berhalter will continue to start him despite his lack of playing time/form, and I'd rather not see that favoritism bite the US in the ass during the World Cup.

Reaction Score
How does Leeds United play under Jesse Marsch? USMNT players on relegation-level teams usually don't perform that well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Late in the season Jesse Marsch started channeling Ted Lasso. I'm not sure he realized that Ted is mentally ill.

Reaction Score
Late in the season Jesse Marsch started channeling Ted Lasso. I'm not sure he realized that Ted is mentally ill.
He says he hasn’t seen the show but based on what he has hear he acknowledges there are some similarities. He doesn’t apologize for being a team first touchy feely type of manager.

Reaction Score
And he got the result Leeds wanted — they played better and they stayed up. It will be interesting to see how he does with a full off-season to prepare.

Reaction Score
Who do we want to win here, Ukraine or Scotland? (For soccer reasons, that is, not emotional reasons.)

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Who do we want to win here, Ukraine or Scotland? (For soccer reasons, that is, not emotional reasons.)
Scotland, You don't want to play a bunch of guys on that kind of mission.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Long is no Miles Robinson.
Need to clean up the giveaways all over the field. Weah looked pretty good in the middle of the box.

Reaction Score
Pulisic's touch bringing down the ball on the first goal was absolutely sublime. Aaronson's almost frenetic activity level was impressive. Long is definitely a step down. The defense overall needs work; no goals, but way too many opportunities given up.

Reaction Score
solid win all around, agree the defense looked shaky at times but clean sheet is a clean sheet. Cery excited about capping Tillman, special for him considering it's his first time ever being in the the United States. Turner's job to lose at this point, really wish he could stay in New England until the January window so he can be playing consistently leading up to the WC. So happy for Haji getting his debut and goal. Aaronson looked electric. Weston making his way back is a huge plus too. Exciting times!! 5 games to go!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom