MNT’s 2022 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like that they scheduled tough opponents like Morocco and Uruguay; it should be a decent measure of how the team might perform in Qatar. Just like the Group matches, I could see the team win both, lose both, or anything in between.
I remember in 2002 they played Netherlands in the new Patriots stadium and got smoked. Then went on to the Final 8.

Reaction Score
I remember in 2002 they played Netherlands in the new Patriots stadium and got smoked. Then went on to the Final 8.
Yup. I was there. Didn’t leave too hopeful that day. Tailgate was fun though.

Reaction Score
Finally Ggg schedules a decent opponent. Although their golden generation is past its prime

Reaction Score
Finally Ggg schedules a decent opponent. Although their golden generation is past its prime

Everyone is doing Nations league around then it’s not easy finding top opponents.

Reaction Score
That's a good match. But I'm not sure about KC. ;)

Also the National Team has a huge training complex next to the stadium. That’s a big reason why KC gets games.

If you ever want to throw things at Berhalter then just go to the Starbucks on the stadium side of the highway when he is in town. I’ve seen him there in his stupid Air Jordans.

Reaction Score
Why? It’s a hot bed. I’ll be there.

Even Ohio is sick of getting games.
Just messing with you... I thought it was funny a couple of days after complaining about Ohio always getting games KC got one. I went for the low hanging fruit.

Reaction Score

Injuries to key players have really been stacking up. This will force GGG to finally call in CCV, i've read a some stuff from fans of the Scottish Prem that he has been one of, if not the best player in the league this season. He's always had the talent. Maybe Brooks gets another look in, I still think he's our most talented CB, and its good to have a Left-Footed CB.

I think McKenzie and EPB have been playing better too.

Reaction Score
Totally sucks for Miles Robinson, but as @CardiacAndre7 has stated, this will force Berhalter to give others a chance. I don't think Zimmerman's spot should be safe either, to me his floor may be somewhat high, making him a safe choice, but his ceiling is quite low compared to others in the pool; he's going to get eaten up by elite international forwards. We've seen this before with MLS CBs doing decently well against CONCACAF competition and then falling short against better teams.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ugh. Piss on the reporter saying he could miss the WC. A ruptured Achilles is a year minimum and could be career ending.

McKennie is still a ? for a WC return. We are going to get run through in Qatar.

Reaction Score
MIles has been steady as a rock for the USMNT. Bad loss for the team.

Reaction Score
Terrible break for the young man. Not a good thing for the USMNT either, but while he has been our most consistent fullback the past year I don't know that's he truly irreplaceable from the pool we have. Between Brooks, Zimmerman, Richards, EPB, Ream, Miazga, CCV and others, I don't view this loss (and he's clearly not playing in this World Cup) as being as hard to overcome as not having McKennie would. (And despite what Subba said, I'd be really surprised if the current injury cost him the World Cup).

As for CCV, Berhalter said he was coming in this summer to get his shot before this happened. He was first team all league in Scotland, and, as said above, some have argued he was one of the best players in the league. Spurs still own his contract. Will be interesting to see if he stays with Celtic, who would like to keep him, or ends up back in England with either a lower tier Premier League team or top level Championship team.

Reaction Score
Injuries to key players have really been stacking up. This will force GGG to finally call in CCV, i've read a some stuff from fans of the Scottish Prem that he has been one of, if not the best player in the league this season. He's always had the talent. Maybe Brooks gets another look in, I still think he's our most talented CB, and its good to have a Left-Footed CB.

I think McKenzie and EPB have been playing better too.

Berhalter would rather lose than call in Brooks and be proven wrong about him.

Reaction Score
Ugh. Piss on the reporter saying he could miss the WC. A ruptured Achilles is a year minimum and could be career ending.

McKennie is still a ? for a WC return. We are going to get run through in Qatar.
I think McKennie should be fine, he’s not far from returning i’m pretty sure

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Berhalter would rather lose than call in Brooks and be proven wrong about him.
You'd hate to think that, wouldn't you? But I wouldn't doubt it after where I assume Brooks told Greggg to stick his list.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Terrible break for the young man. Not a good thing for the USMNT either, but while he has been our most consistent fullback the past year I don't know that's he truly irreplaceable from the pool we have.
This is Miles (CB) not Jedi (FB).

Reaction Score
This is Miles (CB) not Jedi (FB).

I wondered if someone would say this. I reject having to use British nomenclature to describe positions on a soccer field (not football pitch). To me, the two or three deepest central defenders are and will always be fullbacks, not center halfs, with fullbacks reserved for the outside fullbacks. But I fully agree that the Brits would use the terms differently. But, since they can't win world wars without our help, I don't care!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wondered if someone would say this. I reject having to use British nomenclature to describe positions on a soccer field (not football pitch). To me, the two or three deepest central defenders are and will always be fullbacks, not center halfs, with fullbacks reserved for the outside fullbacks. But I fully agree that the Brits would use the terms differently. But, since they can't win world wars without our help, I don't care!
Honestly, I think American exceptionalism (like shown here) is holding back the sport in the USA. It's an English game, after all.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think American exceptionalism (like shown here) is holding back the sport in the USA. It's an English game, after all.
Yeah, Full Backs are Left and Right backs, certainly not Center-halves.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Full Backs are Left and Right backs, certainly not Center-halves.

center halves are centerbacks. I think.

all this relates to formations that aren’t even used anymore. Sort of like how the single wing isn’t used in football.

american football has its own confusion. Tailbacks, runningbacks, halfbacks….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom