MNT’s 2022 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
Pulisic has played as a false 9 for Chelsea. With his ability to draw fouls, he might make a good striker.

Reaction Score
I’d like to see how it works in some meaningless nations league matches or something first. There isn’t much of a body of work to judge. Striker and winger are different.
When he plays for Lille he splits time on the right and through the center as a 2nd striker mainly.

He has freedom in that system behind JD. I think the only thing lacking for him to be a very good striker is his movement. And either way, our strikers have been so poor lately that why not give him a go. Reyna, Puli and Weah rotating and having freedom up top is our most dangerous trio IMO

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pulisic has played as a false 9 for Chelsea. With his ability to draw fouls, he might make a good striker.

That actually didn't work out so well for either CP or Chelsea. CP likes to float inside, and can dribble well, but isn't strong enough to play there. He should be playing a pure 10, but again, little guy who gets knocked around.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Zack Steffen was so bad today I honestly believe his next stop is MLS. And forget about being the USMNT starter.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We have a goalkeeper problem. Horvath is benched now too.

Unless someone goes out on loan over the summer, it looks like GG will have to make the call in camp or give each of the main guys one friendly start as an audition.

How terrifying is that?

Turner has the best track record to date. Hopefully that plays out.

Reaction Score
mntusavsmorocco_organic-social_tw_1920x1080.jpg

Reaction Score
I've never been, but don't some people consider Cincinnati as more Northern Kentucky than Southern Ohio? ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I've never been, but don't some people consider Cincinnati as more Northern Kentucky than Southern Ohio? ;)
It's closer to Frankfurt KY (capital) than Columbus OH (capital).

Just a stones throw from KY. (I mean, like seriously, if you got a really good arm.) :cool:

Reaction Score

I guess. I don’t know why the Federation is so stuck on playing in Ohio when other places are selling out just as well.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Anyone who has flown into Cincinnati on business knows that the airport is in Kentucky

Reaction Score
Anyone who has flown into Cincinnati on business knows that the airport is in Kentucky
And you drive thru a small sliver of Indiana before reaching Cincinnati ...

Reaction Score
June 10th. Grenada. Austin, TX.

For the U.S. Men’s National Team’s first match of the 2022-23 Concacaf Nations League, the U.S. Soccer Federation has selected Austin as the host of USA-Grenada. The June 10 encounter at Q2 Stadium will kick off the USA’s defense of the CNL title, with kickoff time and broadcast information to be finalized in the near future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
June 10th. Grenada. Austin, TX.

For the U.S. Men’s National Team’s first match of the 2022-23 Concacaf Nations League, the U.S. Soccer Federation has selected Austin as the host of USA-Grenada. The June 10 encounter at Q2 Stadium will kick off the USA’s defense of the CNL title, with kickoff time and broadcast information to be finalized in the near future.
Has Austin ever hosted the USMNT before their new MLS stadium got built? Did they even have a place to host before? This is apparently going to be the third time in a year for the new place. It seems a bit high, but the MLS/US Soccer incest makes these things happen to promote the new digs/franchise.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There was a cycle where they would play their last pre-WC friendly at The Rent then spend the next day in Bristol.

Reaction Score
Has Austin ever hosted the USMNT before their new MLS stadium got built? Did they even have a place to host before? This is apparently going to be the third time in a year for the new place. It seems a bit high, but the MLS/US Soccer incest makes these things happen to promote the new digs/franchise.

Nobody has done more harm to the national team than MLS.

Reaction Score
I like that they scheduled tough opponents like Morocco and Uruguay; it should be a decent measure of how the team might perform in Qatar. Just like the Group matches, I could see the team win both, lose both, or anything in between.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom