Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Jackson did't have a good game. She had been playing pretty good. The shot just wasn't there today.
BTW as for Holly a .742 winning percentage in the conference, the highest among active SEC coaches .

Reaction Score
Jackson did't have a good game. She had been playing pretty good. The shot just wasn't there today.
BTW as for Holly a .742 winning percentage in the conference, the highest among active SEC coaches .
Who cares? What results has she produced that have been positive in the last 3 years? I know this is a UConn board so I’m not going to go on a rant here, but cmon!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Who cares? What results has she produced that have been positive in the last 3 years? I know this is a UConn board so I’m not going to go on a rant here, but cmon!
How about wins at home vs ND a win at Mississippi State?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
True, but also nobody has recruited better than Coach Law these past 3 years...
Jolette Law is a great recruiter and has been since her days at Rutgers

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
THis game is a mess! 14-12 with 15 min gone by, that’s not even 2 points per min for BOTH TEAMS! That’s pathetic.

Sophie Cunningham is still overly physical on the verge of dirty playing. Stop with the “gritty player” stuff.

I missed this game...but reading through the thread, this post made me guffaw. Glad I wasn't drinking something when I read it!

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
What was the last year that Tennessee met or exceeded it's pre season projections at year's end ?
Maybe Holly's first year ?

Tennessee wont come close to meet or exceed expectations this year either. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they finished near the bottom of the SEC standings and NO NCAA bid.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Missouri is 13-3. We’re they expected to be better? Honest question

No one had Mizzou in the top three of the SEC, but they were picked as a Top 25 team. Pingeton tried a lot of combinations of her new players during the non-conference schedule with mixed results. Some good wins (W Va, Illinois, Duke) but some tough losses to Michigan and Green Bay early on, plus a very good South Dakota team.
Recently the team got Sierra Porter back. When she gets back into game shape and if she can stay healthy she gives them the height they desperately need. (They got killed on the boards today!)
Pingeton towers over Holly as a couch, and her plus one AA is a good match for Holly with 6, LOL. You could tell from the first two minutes of this game that it would be played at Missouri's pace and on Mizzou's terms, just like last year's. When Mizzou hits their threes they can beat any SEC team except Miss State. When they don't, they can lose to any of the top 6 in the league. They have a lot of tough road games this year -- but hey, they got through this one.
I have to laugh when the TN fans say Cunningham is a dirty player. They'd kill to have even one player that plays as hard and tough as her on the team they root for.

Reaction Score
Tennessee wont come close to meet or exceed expectations this year either. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they finished near the bottom of the SEC standings and NO NCAA bid.

20090916_fingers_crossed_2743.jpg

Reaction Score
Please, someone get us a coach. Just pitiful.
Btw, I’d take Cunningham over any of our timid players.

Yeah I hear you Undercover.... I admire Holly's being a devoted Vol.... but u r right.... it is pitiful.... I really think that Tennessee is operating on the "good enough" theory.... just be competitive and if make the Sweet 16 that is fine.... and the school will throw their effort into football....

Still Holly could institute SOME KIND of offense.....

and also agree on Cunningham... kinda like Pete Rose love him (her) if on your team but #1 villain if isn't on your team

Reaction Score
On Holly winning.... as a UConn fan... i root for Holly.... because it is so obvious that she does not have a grasp of the nuts and bolts of the head coaching job..... and of the many All Americans who have come to Tennessee ..... none has become an All American AT Tennessee under her tutelage.....

It is 11 years since Tenn last Final 4.... while several upstart teams have made it.... does anyone see Holly coaching the LVs to a Final 4 berth? I do not.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

The Tennessee woman putting her hand down is uncalled for. Sophie is volatile. But she is constantly disrespected and blamed for all the stuff that happens in nearly every game. I like her willingness to take on all comers. She is harassed by fans and sometimes refs. I wish Ogunbowale got that much negative attention. And I would love to see her try to trip Sophie! Wow. :eek:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
No! Mabrey would shut her up
Ha! Sophie would take Mabrey and Ogunbowale behind the wood shed and come back smiling. Mabrey is a good player, but all mouth when the other team pushes back. I thought Napheesa was going to make her cry last year. Maybrey and Ogunbowale play dirty and then whine when it does not go their way.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
ON the flip side, she and her staff have shown themselves to be fantastic recruiters. Very few teams in the entire country have recruited better than Tennessee the past 3 years...

If they were smart, they would pay big money for a great x's and o's assistant.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Jolette Law is a great recruiter and has been since her days at Rutgers

I'm delighted that Jolette decided to come back home to SC. She must have a great way of relating to players.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I look forward to the TN-Mizzou rematch. I also look forward to the Baby Carolina-Mizzou game. Gonna mark my calendar now.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I look forward to the TN-Mizzou rematch. I also look forward to the Baby Carolina-Mizzou game. Gonna mark my calendar now.
Was USCe- Mizzou the game where alleged insults were made and Dawn filed a complaint?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Was USCe- Mizzou the game where alleged insults were made and Dawn filed a complaint?

Staley got thrown out of the gym in Mizzou..... and there was trouble down in SC ....... slurs from the stands supposedly or something like that. I love bad blood in sports....... todays players are too friendly with each other in my opinion (all sports, pro and college)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom