Missouri @ South Carolina- 1/28/18 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Missouri @ South Carolina- 1/28/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the fight at the end of the first half is on the refs IMO.
I agree. Problem with officiating is not so much a bad call here or there, home bias here or there. The problem with the officials is that they allow an overly unnecessary physical game. There is no freedom of movement in this game. A lot of the beauty of the finesse game is taken away by this type of officiating. UConn will have a hard time in this style of officiated game, no matter who the competition is.

Just heard the lopsided FT statistics.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Missouri loses its second in a row, in the middle of its tough patch of the SEC schedule where they play at Georgia (loss), at South Carolina (loss), and at home vs. Mississippi State this coming Thursday.

But Mizzou has definitely earned respect going blow-for-blow with South Carolina in the two Columbias.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
If anyone is watching this game you gotta be disappointed in officiating. Im sorry to our South Carolina fans on this board but the amount of no calls for Missouri in the second half was ridiculous. They were getting hacked and pushed every time they went in the lane. I was watching and with a non biased eye. I mean come on......

Reaction Score
If anyone is watching this game you gotta be disappointed in officiating. Im sorry to our South Carolina fans on this board but the amount of no calls against Missouri in the second half was ridiculous. They were getting hacked and pushed every time they went in the lane. I was watching and with a non biased eye. I mean come on.

Disagree. Lots of no calls both ways. If they call a tight game Missouri would have fouled out their entire interior.

They got the game they want and have to play and it wasn’t good enough on the road against a much tougher than last time South Carolina group.

Cunningham’s dirty tell is walking off and tugging on the pony tail.

She got off a final shove there on Wilson after her final shot.

I think it was entertaining and tough game. Missouri deserves respect.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The crowd definitely contributed to the chippyness due to prior bad blood. I don’t think the hostility will be nearly as bad on Thurs as Geno and Dawn get along, they still want to win but will not ignite the crowd. I wonder if Dawn will be on her best behavior with him around. Her angst and anguished theatrics are getting a tad insightful as if her and her team are being persecuted.

Reaction Score
The crowd definitely contributed to the chippyness due to prior bad blood. I don’t think the hostility will be nearly as bad on Thurs as Geno and Dawn get along, they still want to win but will not ignite the crowd. I wonder if Dawn will be on her best behavior with him around. Her angst and anguished theatrics are getting a tad insightful as if her and her team are being persecuted.

UConn doesn’t play like mizzou. Should be no issues.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope the season finale between Duke and UNC.Cheat is a chippy as this game was..... especially since I'll be in the stands... probably sitting next to some Tarhole fans ..... . we need some of this in the ACC :cool:

again... dont Judge me :mad:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Are the press conferences up yet? I dont normally look at them..... but I'm interesting in what the coaches and players have to say after this game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

No, there isn't bad blood between USC and UCONN like we have with Mizzou and Kentucky.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I hope the season finale between Duke and UNC.Cheat is a chippy as this game was..... especially since I'll be in the stands... probably sitting next to some Tarhole fans ..... . we need some of this in the ACC :cool:

How long does your avatar have to wear the bag of shame? Until they avenge the loss in Chapel Hill?

Reaction Score
Disagree. Lots of no calls both ways. If they call a tight game Missouri would have fouled out their entire interior.

They got the game they want and have to play and it wasn’t good enough on the road against a much tougher than last time South Carolina group.

Cunningham’s dirty tell is walking off and tugging on the pony tail.

She got off a final shove there on Wilson after her final shot.

I think it was entertaining and tough game. Missouri deserves respect.

Disagree, Officiating definitely favored South Carolina!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Dawn need to get her team under control. Geno and CD will not have that Thursday. I will hate to see Dawn become Muffet McGraw. The officials need to get a hold of this game.

UConn/SC is not nearly the same as SC/Mizzou... tonight has no bearing on what UConn will face on Thursday. There is hardly any vitriol for UConn in Columbia outside of the fact that they win a lot. You hate the winners but you don't want to punch them in the face. SC wanted to punch Mizzou in the face, and vice versa.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This is the best defensive game we’ve played this year so far I think.

We aren’t usually this physical. This is the game Missouri has imposed.

I give them credit for it and it can’t do anything but help South Carolina’s toughness.

Game is as it should be. Loser is out of the sec race.

This current SC team is not all that physical so I was surprised how they responded tonight. They matched Mizzou punch for punch and I completely agree with you.. Mizzou set the tone for this game (and future games) with their play. Our teams from a few years ago would've sent this Missouri team out on stretchers.

Reaction Score
Have you watched her other than tonight?

She finished with 15 and 15 with 4 blocks. The entire Missouri defense collapsed on her every time she touched the ball and they beat her up all night.

I think it is fair to criticize her somewhat for not finding more teammates, but most of her touches were pretty deep in the post and her teammates were pretty reluctant to take perimeter shots.

I will say she was really, really good defensively tonight protecting the basket. And the defense and rebounding may well have been the difference. Very few second chances for Missouri and very few easy layups. Cunningham finishing 8/19 had a lot to do with Wilson.

Reaction Score
UConn wins by 30 plus. Our defense is the best it has been. We also have 3 people that will make Aja have her worst game yet and the gaurds cannot match with us at all.

Reaction Score
This current SC team is not all that physical so I was surprised how they responded tonight. They matched Mizzou punch for punch and I completely agree with you.. Mizzou set the tone for this game (and future games) with their play. Our teams from a few years ago would've sent this Missouri team out on stretchers.

Alaina Coates might not have made it through the two games this year.

I was happy to see the defense. They need to bring that and the physicality vs Miss State to have a prayer. Really need Spann to give them some minutes to bring some of that defense out of the paint too.

While I'm dishing out accolades, much love for Ty Harris tonight too. Great game offensively, controlling the ball, and good defense. One of her best games and she is finishing the season as an all conference player.

Reaction Score
They sure did. Bianca Jackson for South Carolina should have been ejected too. I would love to know what Dawn was saying to the officials.
Take off your bias. Jackson was at the table to sub and already had the sub towel in her hand. Technically she was not on the bench neither the Mizzou player that was standing near her also. That is why neither of them were ejected.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Yeah.... I can see them trying that with Coates, Sessions, Welch, and #33 (cant remember her name)....... :eek:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Alaina Coates might not have made it through the two games this year.

I was happy to see the defense. They need to bring that and the physicality vs Miss State to have a prayer. Really need Spann to give them some minutes to bring some of that defense out of the paint too.

While I'm dishing out accolades, much love for Ty Harris tonight too. Great game offensively, controlling the ball, and good defense. One of her best games and she is finishing the season as an all conference player.

Can you imagine Alaina Coates, Aleighsa Welch, Khadijiah Sessions, Ashley Bruner or LaKiesha Sutton playing in tonight's game? LOL... somebody better have 15 ambulances lined up outside of the CLA for the Mizzou team.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yeah.... I can see them trying that with Coates, Sessions, Welch, and #33 (cant remember her name).. :eek:

You definitely beat me to this.. I was about to post a few players that would've met Cunningham outside after the game. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom