Mississippi State just got better | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mississippi State just got better

Reaction Score
A lot of the people feel that the NCAA is biased towards UConn because Shabazz Napier blatantly called them out on national TV after the 2013 National Championship game.
It started before that... read the history between UConn and mark Emmert...

Reaction Score
AEH couldn’t sniff the floor at UConn on a team that desperately needed depth, couldn’t meet Geno’s expectations and ran off mid-season. She also committed as a sophomore so had YEARS to observe the program up close and yet decided after one semester it just wasn’t for her. Until she demonstrates otherwise, all she has proven so far is that at this level she’s a bench-warmer with poor decision making skills. She obviously has every opportunity to rewrite her story but for now declaring her a difference-maker on a top-five team is just laughable.

Reaction Score
So, Geno tries to be a nice guy and let's her transfer early and it comes back to bite him. MSST may very well be a Final 4 or 8 opponent and Geno inadvertently hurt his team's chances. Something is not right here. You can easily make the argument that Uconn would have won the last 2 titles if transfer rules were uniformly applied.

Reaction Score
I don’t get the hype. She’s very unproven against any team with a pulse.

But I’ll take yalls word for it. I guess this means State will coast to the finals now?

I don't think anybody knows what impact AEH will have, especially this season........................she can clearly score points from long range and in a variety of other ways......................at least she could at the high school level........................if she gets playing time perhaps she could take over the role Vic's daughter had for the past few years........

Reaction Score
So, Geno tries to be a nice guy and let's her transfer early and it comes back to bite him. MSST may very well be a Final 4 or 8 opponent and Geno inadvertently hurt his team's chances. Something is not right here. You can easily make the argument that Uconn would have won the last 2 titles if transfer rules were uniformly applied.

If UConn gets deep into the tournament and loses against Miss State, I tend to doubt that AEH will be the main cause for the team's demise..............

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A lot of the people feel that the NCAA is biased towards UConn because Shabazz Napier blatantly called them out on national TV after the 2013 National Championship game.
Goes back way before that,

Reaction Score
LOL...some of you all are acting like she was barely a 3 star recruit that no one had heard of or something. She was the New York player of the year her senior year after averaging over 30 points per game and a top 15 recruit. We start 4 seniors and our two starting guards are seniors so we won't need for her to start but I can't wait to see her come off the bench with fellow 5 star recruit Myah Taylor....man I can't wait until Friday night :)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Happy to see she was cleared...it's dumb that players get penalized for transferring schools.

AEH could provide a boost for Mississippi State, i think she's the highest ranked player Vic's coaches at MSU), but if she can provide consistency from deep, Mississippi State will be tough.

Reaction Score
The NCAA uses the time honored method to determine who gets waivers. It goes Eenie, meenie, minie, mo...……. you probably know the rest.

Reaction Score
You beat me too it UC Baller lol i blame this one on Geno . If he would have shut up about why he dismissed her she would have most likely had to sit out . Either way congrats AEH ! Tear it up for MSU , i think they just leapfrogged Louisville and Baylor in my Preseason rankings now . They have a guard that can fill it up to relief Big T

This was all along a ploy by Geno, :rolleyes: knowing Miss St would probably seek and receive a waiver from the NCAA...since the flood gates were opened by ND. If anything he helped her out for opening his mouth...as you say. Don't understand your statement there, would that be a good thing for Geno/UConn if she sits out?

Reaction Score
Her role is going to be much more similar to Victoria Vivians than Blair Schaefer’s. Will be interesting to see what kind of minutes she gets Friday. They are going to need her as UVA has 6’9 to help slow McCowan.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple comments. Geno never trashed AEH to the media. His comments were made at a private gathering of Husky supporters in Philadelphia that was unfortunately recorded on a smartphone and posted here on the BY.

As for AEH’s eligibility, it’s my understanding that part of the appeal process includes talking to a transfer’s previous school to seek their input prior to the final decision. Knowing Geno, it would not surprise me if he supported MS St’s request for AEH to be immediately eligible.

Reaction Score
As for AEH’s eligibility, it’s my understanding that part of the appeal process includes talking to a transfer’s previous school to seek their input prior to the final decision. Knowing Geno, it would not surprise me if he supported MS St’s request for AEH to be immediately eligible.
I'm starting to think this plays the biggest role in the immediate eligibility issue, and perhaps some coaches are cool with it while others choose to be petty and spiteful.

Reaction Score
A couple comments. Geno never trashed AEH to the media. His comments were made at a private gathering of Husky supporters in Philadelphia that was unfortunately recorded on a smartphone and posted here on the BY.

Last sentence: More than be surprised that he OK'ed the waiver; I'd be surprised if he did not help with the process. Geno has been gracious with many transfers--Geno pops off and when he calms down (like all of us) he is more rational. AEH deserves to play Div 1 if her talent and desire matches MS St needs. It was my understanding, I'll ask @rocky, that without a warrant it was illegal to record a person without their permission/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom