Mississippi St (5) @ Oregon (7) - 12/18/18 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (5) @ Oregon (7) - 12/18/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Of all the wacked out things that have happened in this game, 27 of 28 from the FT line has to be some kind of record.

Reaction Score
Vic has decided to take a loss in the last 5 minutes, no doubt about it. Can't blame him. Anyways, while definitely our worst game in a long time. I congratulate Oregon for really coming out in this game and wanting it. Good on them. It's a long season.

Decided to take a loss.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That was weird, grabbed the D board, then travelled. Did she think it was a dead ball?

Reaction Score
If I'm a WNBA GM, I want no part of McCowan in the lottery. Maybe I'm a prisoner of the moment for saying that.

But Cazorla ate them alive on the PNR, which is pretty much the foundation of the pro game.
McCowan has potential, but she needs a lot of work. Still doesn’t seem to have a lot of post moves and relies too much on her size to be effective in the WNBA. Her conditioning will need to improve as well. On a side note, how many defensive possessions did it seem like her arms were down by her side?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, i don't know if I've ever seen Vic do a blow-by in the handshake like he just did to Graves.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Huh. I know many don't get to watch many Pac 12 games. I've seen Ionescu play much better than this. She was money from the FT line, but she got off to a slow start and just couldn't hit from the field the whole game. Nowhere near a triple double either. If you were impressed with her tonight, you should see her when she plays well.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice win for a good program. Good game all around. All of this young guys gave a good account of themselves on national TV. Proud of them all, especially that Howard. Player top to bottom. She can play for my team any time. Geno could have had her this year for a bagel, but she looks nice in maroon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
McCown may win the SEC POY but tonight has shown me she shouldn’t be considered for National POY. You need to show up and if shots aren’t falling, do something else. Now, Sabrina on the other hand IS in serious contention for 2nd place in National POY :rolleyes:

She almost looked like she was sick. Not making excuses, I've just never seen her this lethargic in 4 years of watching ever game. Something wasn't right

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, i don't know if I've ever seen Vic do a blow-by in the handshake like he just did to Graves.

I missed that, bad look for him. Gotta have class when you lose.

Reaction Score
I am actually happy to see Vic sit her and make a point. It was needed. She looked like she didn't want to be there.

She let her teammates down with that attitude and hustle throughout the game tonight.

I do think MSU needs some of the bench players to step up and emerge. People like AEH, Taylor, Wiggins, someone. Outside shooting is pretty limited with Holmes and Danberry

That defense has major problems on the pick and roll, major problems. It was evident vs Marquette and again tonight.

MSU has a great team but there are some significant flaws that have to be addressed. Luckily its only December. A lot changes in 2 months

Reaction Score
Why they had a 6’7 post player hedge rather than forcing them to take tough shots over her is beyond me. Even if McCowan just put her hand up in contest and Oregon tried to shoot 3’s over her, it would still be better than leaving the lanes wide open for Oregon to drive. Credit to Oregon for their defense on McCowan and for realizing the weakness of having a less-than-mobile post hedge on them.

Reaction Score
Oregon is better defensively when Sabally and especially Boley aren't in the game. Sanely had potential to be a great defender, with great size, length, and lateral quickness. She's just not there yet. Boley is not blessed with any of those things, which I think will be a storyline for her always.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Who would've guessed MSU had more 3 point FGA then Oregon? Only by 1, but still unexpected. UO didn't need to take long bombs because they were picking them apart w/ the pick and roll all night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom