Mississippi St (5) @ Oregon (7) - 12/18/18 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (5) @ Oregon (7) - 12/18/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
How many uncontested lay ups does Cazorla have.....? I think all 6 of her baskets were lay ups.

Reaction Score
the zone has been a major problem for MSU, not a whole lot of ball movement either

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So do I have this right? Neither Boley nor Sabally have played in 4Q?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
That's a lot of missed shots. She just missed another. She's good at drawing fouls, but she couldn't hit water falling out a boat the way she's shooting right now.

Her drives to the rim are forcing MSS defenders to come to her, and by moving, they open up other Duckies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
These Pac12 teams have successfully shown how to play this long, one dimensional teams. Option offenses baby. Dawn is looking like a genius planning for the future instead of wallowing in the past like Holly, Aston, and Mulkey. Wanna bet that Vic moves from this slopost offense when McCowan moves on?

Reaction Score
You do own the space underneath you when you jump, but you don't own the space into which you may want to move, as on a pivot. You can't legally pivot into space occupied by your defender. Nor (Shaquille O'Neal notwithstanding) can you ram your rear end into the defender's stomach, or swing your arms into the defender's body. Any move you make has to be into unoccupied space.
That goes for the defensive player as well. Hebard has been physically in contact with McCowan just about every second she has been defending her. If what you say is true, than no physically contact of any kind can be allowed. The point I was making is that if a defensive player is bodying an offensive player to the point where the offensive player can make a move, they are doing the same thing as displacing the offensive player. If McCowan goes up and Hebard’s arms are tangled in McCowan’s, Hebard is at fault because you have a right to make a basketball play (shooting motion in this case). Guards aren’t allowed to keep their hands on a player they’re defending anymore because that’s the guard equivalent of bodying the other player.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Her drives to the rim are forcing MSS defenders to come to her, and by moving, they open up other Duckies.

I did say she's having an impact, but if she actually hit some shots this would've been a blowout.

Reaction Score
McCowan didn’t look she wanted to be in the game.

Looked like she wanted to be anywhere else. Would have expected more from a senior, but this is why I was holding my judgment on this team until after December.

JordyG

Reaction Score
So. Is this the same team that lost to Michigan State and squeaked by Syracuse?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cazorla got away with a few steps there.

Does Oregon work on inbounding at all?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Will McCowan return? Will Kelly institute a better in bounds plan for the next game?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ionescu may score 30 while shooting sub 25% from the floor!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Cazorla got away with a few steps there.

Does Oregon work on inbounding at all?

Three steps but the refs wouldn't dare call that. I would have liked to have heard the home crowd, though.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What a lucky bounce on the press break, leads to another wide open Cazorla layup.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
McCown may win the SEC POY but tonight has shown me she shouldn’t be considered for National POY. You need to show up and if shots aren’t falling, do something else. Now, Sabrina on the other hand IS in serious contention for 2nd place in National POY :rolleyes:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Tough few days for the SEC. Their two best go down, but remember, this one was on the road against a tough team. Stanford would have pounded UT more on a neutral site.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom