Miss State's New Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Miss State's New Coach

Reaction Score
We'll see. I think MSU's best days are over.
I don't necessarily agree. Of course she will be off to a good start if she can keep the current roster and signees together.
But then again, she will need to build her program from the ground up

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
McCray is balking at an intra-conference non-compete clause. Division 1 players effectively have a one year non-compete clause unless they get a waiver and don't get me started on THAT topic.

Make the buy-out higher for SEC schools and get the deal done.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
There is a wealth of talent that I feel has been untapped in the State of Mississippi. If she can tap into it Mississippi State will be a powerhouse for years to come.
"a wealth of talent" um, there is talent there but to say a wealth would be a bit aggressive and last I checked, SC was still in the SEC so there is still a MAJOR obstacle in the way...:cool:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I know. I can see them not wanting to be used as a stepping stone.

Yes, particularly after just losing their highly successful coach to a school in his home state. They don't want to go through that again if the Tennessee job should open up. It's a smart request but we'll see if it's a deal-breaker for McCray or MSU.

Reaction Score
"The Bulldogs went with McCray-Penson over a candidate pool that included Louisville's Jeff Walz and Schaefer disciple Johnnie Harris. A source confirmed to The Dispatch Thursday finalists had been narrowed to McCray-Penson and Walz."

Jeff Walz? The guy keeps getting mentioned as ready to move. Why? What's wrong with Louisville? Just how much more money does he need?

Makes me appreciate Coach Geno even more. 36 years at the same school, where he just kept doing it better and better.

1586534723227.png

Reaction Score
"a wealth of talent" um, there is talent there but to say a wealth would be a bit aggressive and last I checked, SC was still in the SEC so there is still a MAJOR obstacle in the way...:cool:
If they remain, State's got the "horses", including Cooks - with some excellent coaching, they'll be tough, and should give ESPN, & Dawn's favorites, plenty to handle!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

His Tweets are confusing me. He posts a video of the plane taking off, but if you zoom in on the tail number (I was going to try to track it...), it isn’t the same as this plane that he says is waiting to take off.
396891B2-5115-4C8F-98F0-E2B1E9E90871.jpeg

Still Image: N204?S
Video: N224W3 (at least that’s what it looks like to me...)

This is also proof I need to go find something to do.

Reaction Score
This announcement really doesn't change the fact that 2 members of the team had already announced that they are entering the Transfer Portal. And, with the NCAA Proposal to allow transfers to immediately play for their new team, for the 2020/2021 season, will be HUGE for many players looking to make a change from their current team. If that does happen, look for more MSU Bulldog players to leave the program

Reaction Score
This announcement really doesn't change the fact that 2 members of the team had already announced that they are entering the Transfer Portal. And, with the NCAA Proposal to allow transfers to immediately play for their new team, for the 2020/2021 season, will be HUGE for many players looking to make a change from their current team. If that does happen, look for more MSU Bulldog players to leave the program
Thought this was being delayed until next year because of The Rona?

Reaction Score
With her there, I hope we get to play them soon. She is a veteran of two of the most important games in women's college basketball history: the famous January 16, 1995 game at Gampel and the NC game later that year. So many reference points in the sport can go back to those games.

Reaction Score
There is a wealth of talent that I feel has been untapped in the State of Mississippi. If she can tap into it Mississippi State will be a powerhouse for years to come.

Schaefer made MSU, they will be a borderline Top 15 team and nothing more with him gone!

Reaction Score
"The Bulldogs went with McCray-Penson over a candidate pool that included Louisville's Jeff Walz and Schaefer disciple Johnnie Harris. A source confirmed to The Dispatch Thursday finalists had been narrowed to McCray-Penson and Walz."

Jeff Walz? The guy keeps getting mentioned as ready to move. Why? What's wrong with Louisville? Just how much more money does he need?

Makes me appreciate Coach Geno even more. 36 years at the same school, where he just kept doing it better and better.
Jeff Walz—I have lost track of the multiple scandals at Louisville. Also cant keep track of the NCAA’s inconsistent approach to problems. Are the scandals all behind Louisville or are they still looking at major penalties?

Reaction Score
Who else is transferring out besides Bibby

Reaction Score

Breaking News C-USA Coach of the Year Nikki McCray-Penson has been offered the position and accepted to be the next Head Coach for the
@HailStateWBK
program. She is currently working out the details of the contract and should be completed by the end of the night.

If so, I wish her the best. She's got plenty of talent on hand.

Her resume seems a bit thin, but, only time, and opportunity will tell.
A bit thin?! Are you serious?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In Louisville news, they just landed a very good recruit in Payton Verhulst, someone many of us were hoping for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom