Mir transfer to Virginia, granted immediate eligibility [merged thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Mir transfer to Virginia, granted immediate eligibility [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What would you do, sit two years for sure and maybe a third year on a top 10 school or get a lot of playing time on a less talented team? Mir wants to play and who knows, before she graduates Virginia may be a really good team. Also, with the transfer portal, she could transfer to a title contender after having successful seasons at Virginia. She can showcase herself at Virginia, something that was hard to do at UConn. Some top schools see her at her best and may come running. We never saw the real Mir.

Reaction Score
Saylor was mentioned by name by Coach Neighbors in the post game after Arkansas beat LSU last night. Said she was a big part of the "white" team that simulated LSU in practice to help them get ready for the game.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Saylor was mentioned by name by Coach Neighbors in the post game after Arkansas beat LSU last night. Said she was a big part of the "white" team that simulated LSU in practice to help them get ready for the game.
Upon reflection of everything that's been said and reported about Saylor transferring, I'm glad she's there. If she's happy and thriving, then good for her. Maybe UConn just wasn't her thing. As Dionne Warwick said on the Stephen Colbert show a few days ago, "be who you be". Peace.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess the reasoning was the pain and suffering in Geno's Gulag. By the way, I forgot which school she is at now?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She ended up at UVA. They are pretty bad - last place in the ACC and on an 8 game losing streak. But Mir played last night and had nice numbers off the bench!

1643400419064.png

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I'm not as forgiving - she left the ship when we were sinking and could have used her.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not as forgiving - she left the ship when we were sinking and could have used her.
I wouldn’t describe it that way at all. I suspect if her role were different, she would’ve stayed. No matter, she did what she thought was best for her and did so in a classy manner without firing any shots over the bow.

#alwaysahusky

Reaction Score
I know this is a stupid remark, so please no comments, but shouldn't the NCAA be embarrassed by the complete double standard???? I guess they think no one cares except some stupid school up in the northeast, so as that great philosopher said "What me worry???"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Perhaps due to her injuries, everyone is willing to wait until next year? Wasn't it shin splints or something?

There were vague reports. She had experienced issues with her back, hip, and lower leg. She was wearing a lower leg support in a very recent photo.

Reaction Score
She ended up at UVA. They are pretty bad - last place in the ACC and on an 8 game losing streak. But Mir played last night and had nice numbers off the bench!

View attachment 72789
The logic behind going to Virginia escaped me but this could be the answer. For those committed to basketball, maybe just the ability to play is enough. While Mir had solid stats, 9 rebounds/11 points, Virginia had a few players in foul trouble. Should be interesting to see what the future brings.

sun

Reaction Score
Mir made some highlight plays.
She #55 and made a nifty basket after the 3:20 mark.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There is no way Virginia should be this bad. They have a fertile recruiting ground and top level academics.
Tina needs to have lunch/dinner with Dawn Staley and find out first hand how she turned South Carolina around from conference door mat to national champions, then follow her lead.

She’s been at Virginia long enough to move the needle a little bit. The Cavaliers are no better now than when she arrived. Look at what Kim Mulkey has done at LSU in her first year. LSU came from out in space to the top 25. They are currently ranked number 12. LSU was not ranked when the season began. Thompson needs to put a serious game plan together and get some recruits in there that want to play for her and Virginia.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tina needs to have lunch/dinner with Dawn Staley and find out first hand how she turned South Carolina around from conference door mat to national champions, then follow her lead.

She’s been at Virginia long enough to move the needle a little bit. The Cavaliers are no better now than when she arrived. Look at what Kim Mulkey has done at LSU in her first year. LSU came from out in space to the top 25. They are currently ranked number 12. LSU was not ranked when the season began. Thompson needs to put a serious game plan together and get some recruits in there that want to play for her and Virginia.
Actually I think it’s too late for her to improve things. I believe this is her 5th year at UVA. She’s only recruited 1 top 100 player - a kid who originally committed to Marquette and came here when their coach left. That kid left a year later for USC west. I think Tina did consult with Dawn before coming here. Tina was an iconic player and it’s been very sad to see her inability to make this program better. Joanne Boyles didn’t succeed, but was way more successful. I don’t even know if Tina is a good game coach, bc the team is so under skilled that it’s hard to evaluate. I believe this is is the last year of her contract and no word of an extension.

Time to move on…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01