Michigan State Fan Here | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Michigan State Fan Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice chatting with you all. Anyways, I'll be here on Sunday accepting defeat. I hate these bad gut feelings man. They just subtract years from my life.

I really though we could win it all in 2010, was so hoping for the Duke matchup, but Butler ruined us. Then again, we were without our starting PG, thus it was a blessing to even get there, partly because N. Iowa pulled a huge upset on KU.

Later fellas and ladies (<-- if on here).

Reaction Score
I wasn't comparing you guys to Syracuse. I was just taking the opportunity to dump on Cuse, any chance I get in fact. That's why I highlighted the black bit. "A lot of programs don't get there." -> Syracuse. Annually.

MSU >>>> Cuse.
Izzo>>>>>Boeheim.

Goes without saying.

Loud and clear. I really don't like Boeheim. He seems like a genuine, big time . For MSU fans, he peeled Devendorf away from us - and in shady fashion. At the end of the day, didn't mind seeing him rot at Syracuse - no FF.

If you guys ever get into the BIG, which I hope, there's really only one coach to truly dislike in this conference: Crean. Yes, the same Crean who helped MSU rebuild, but he was gone by 2000. If not, we may not have won it that year : ).

Reaction Score
Loud and clear. I really don't like Boeheim. He seems like a genuine, big time . For MSU fans, he peeled Devendorf away from us - and in shady fashion. At the end of the day, didn't mind seeing him rot at Syracuse - no FF.

If you guys ever get into the BIG, which I hope, there's really only one coach to truly dislike in this conference: Crean. Yes, the same Crean who helped MSU rebuild, but he was gone by 2000. If not, we may not have won it that year : ).

Ah, Devendorf. If I remember, we led for him at one point and backed off, not so sure he was peeled away. Devendorf was trouble, and Izzo saw that.

Reaction Score
Uconn fans were treated like garbage at the 2009 final four by Mich St fans. It's time for revenge.

Wasn't me. I sat amongst the UConn fans in 2009, had a great time talking to them all.

Good luck to you guys Sunday. As I sit here now, I like our chances to beat you, but it's March Madness, so you never know.

Reaction Score
Much respect for MSU. I mean every post season they are relevant and seem to always play the second weekend. Izzo is the best coach in the land, hands down.

We've got our work cut out for us, but we are called UConn. No team (opponent) is insurmountable and our number one nemesis has been eliminated. To me its a 50/50 game and will be exciting to watch. Can't wish MSU good luck but certainly give them a salute. This will probably be the best game in the Elite 8 this weekend.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think Izzo is a bit underrated by the national media. His teams have been one of, if not the most consistent in terms of survive and advance, but he doesn't get quite the attention on the sports talk shows that characters like Calipari and K do. Maybe he likes it that way.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
MSU fans - is there a popular free MSU message board? Seems like sco-ut and riv-als are locked down.

You guys play a style that's going to be tough for us to ovecome - we're just not that physical. It's going to be a fun battle between two college bball blue bloods.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Two real, blue collar blue bloods. Not anointed by the media types.
I was hoping for VA. You guys are scary. But thanks for stopping by. It will be a struggle.

Reaction Score
I have to admit this game makes me scared. Not sure which team shows up. One day to prepare? Hell for both Ollie and Izzo.

I literally can't imagine how this game is gonna look or go.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Me too. But we are playing with house money!
Roll the dice, nothing to lose. We can only win more.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't doubt it. It was in Detroit. That city has been decimated by economic hardship - I've been there numerous times over the past few years. It's a tragedy, but I think it's starting to figure certain things out. We shall see.

I'm not a Michigan native, nor do I root Sparty outside of basketball. I'm one of those few national fans that MSU has - not many of us. It was all about Magic, Scott Skiles, Jay VIncent, Steve Smith, etc. growing up & I absolutely followed Magic in the NBA, though post-Magic Lakers I don't like.

Izzo has been a huge, huge bonus as I had no idea what to think of him when he first started coaching.

We've simply had too many flops in since 2000, which sounds ungrateful. A lot of programs don't even get there.

Best of luck.

I don't think the B1G has much to worry about with the ACC. The ACC took all the best choking programs it could from the BE (with the exception of Syracuse) and they doubled down on what the ACC does best: choke.

If Kansas and UConn ever joined the B1G, there'd be no discussion about basketball anymore.

UConn so far this tournament hasn't been exploited inside. And that's about to change with MSU. UConn has to be tenacious.

Was MSU the underdog in 2009? I would be very surprised. UConn lost its second best player that year, Jerome Dyson, to an ACL injury. I doubt they were favored.

Reaction Score
Nice chatting with you all. Anyways, I'll be here on Sunday accepting defeat. I hate these bad gut feelings man. They just subtract years from my life.

I really though we could win it all in 2010, was so hoping for the Duke matchup, but Butler ruined us. Then again, we were without our starting PG, thus it was a blessing to even get there, partly because N. Iowa pulled a huge upset on KU.

Later fellas and ladies (<-- if on here).
This reverse friendly mojo $-hit does not work on us - we have too many testicoes and way too much DOOM in our future for any of this to be true.

Reaction Score
We need to find a way to contain Payne. I suspect Nolan and Brimah will use all 10 of their fouls. We'll need another 3-point shooting performance like tonight.

We might have to dip into Olander's 5 fouls too

Reaction Score
MSU fans - is there a popular free MSU message board? Seems like sco-ut and riv-als are locked down.

You guys play a style that's going to be tough for us to ovecome - we're just not that physical. It's going to be a fun battle between two college bball blue bloods.

yes there is...... google "red cedar message board" and you'll find it... be aware it is a bit of a madhouse though!!! lol

as an MSU fan have to say am really looking forward to tomorrow.... it will be like a true road game for us in the garden, will know how you felt in the FF in detroit...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think the B1G has much to worry about with the ACC. The ACC took all the best choking programs it could from the BE (with the exception of Syracuse) and they doubled down on what the ACC does best: choke.

If Kansas and UConn ever joined the B1G, there'd be no discussion about basketball anymore.

UConn so far this tournament hasn't been exploited inside. And that's about to change with MSU. UConn has to be tenacious.

Was MSU the underdog in 2009? I would be very surprised. UConn lost its second best player that year, Jerome Dyson, to an ACL injury. I doubt they were favored.

Not sure that's reading right. Did you mean Louisville? I wouldn't want to give Cuse a modicum of respect, even if it was inadvertent.

Reaction Score
These dudes should stick around and keep posting.

I wanted MSU and for a couple reasons. MSU I think we'll match up better for us offensively. Payne is going to have to pull out from down low. I think we go relatively small. Let them play their inside game with him. Take our chances on doubles down low. High three point % and drives to the hoop should available for us. I like our guard play much better than what I saw last night from MSU.

My other reason is I cannot stand the entitlement of those UVA fans. It just had the vibe last night as of they earned something or had been there before. Their fruity orange color only reminded me of Syracuse. To me they were all Orange fans last night. I'm glad they are gone with their bright orange pants and Hoos chants. Shoo shoo dumb hoos.

Reaction Score
Also have great respect for Izzo, but remember, right now KO is 1-0 against him.

Reaction Score

I wanted MSU and for a couple reasons. MSU I think we'll match up better for us offensively. Payne is going to have to pull out from down low. I think we go relatively small. Let them play their inside game with him. Take our chances on doubles down low. High three point % and drives to the hoop should available for us. I like our guard play much better than what I saw last night from MSU.

if you are going to double payne down low you then you are taking one hell of a chance... Trice, Valentine, Harris and Kaminski will all take a very good 3 (all between 40-50% for the year)

Appling is the "enigma" at the moment.... really good defensively... hasnt been the same shooting wise since he injured his wrist mid season and still looks like it is bugging him, Trice stepping up has been huge... not the best defensively but the kid is all heart and smart to go with it

Harris is all Big 10 defensively.. but had an off night shooting last night, Valentine is very much a point-forward, he can play 1,2 or 3 if needed

the one thing all the injuries have done this season is given bench kids a chance to play starter minutes.... so this is probably the deepest MSU team we have seen in a lot time... Izzo will play 9 regularly and can play 10...

I think the key to the game tomorrow will be how MSU plays in transistion offence.... get that going and it will be awfully tough.....

Reaction Score
3.) In the 2009 FF, you guys were the favorites, we pulled the upset. I know you got payback last year, but a lot of critics have us winning it all - so I guess we're the media favorites.

Thanks for the post but in the 2009 FF, you guys were the home team! This year, it's the other way around!

Reaction Score
if you are going to double payne down low you then you are taking one hell of a chance... Trice, Valentine, Harris and Kaminski will all take a very good 3 (all between 40-50% for the year)

Appling is the "enigma" at the moment.... really good defensively... hasnt been the same shooting wise since he injured his wrist mid season and still looks like it is bugging him, Trice stepping up has been huge... not the best defensively but the kid is all heart and smart to go with it

Harris is all Big 10 defensively.. but had an off night shooting last night, Valentine is very much a point-forward, he can play 1,2 or 3 if needed

the one thing all the injuries have done this season is given bench kids a chance to play starter minutes.... so this is probably the deepest MSU team we have seen in a lot time... Izzo will play 9 regularly and can play 10...

I think the key to the game tomorrow will be how MSU plays in transistion offence.... get that going and it will be awfully tough.....
We will double and rotate. Speed on the perimeter allows this. Definitely need to keep a man on harris, kid is a terrific shooter. Reminds me of a less athletic bradley beal.

Reaction Score
Also have great respect for Izzo, but remember, right now KO is 1-0 against him.
I really think Ollie could probably out-motivate Phil Jackson. He can claim (right now) to be one of the best motivational coaches in the land. In time he will be a top 5 coach as well, no doubt.

The man is a natural at taking lemons and turning it into lemonades. These players will all be better men after being in his presence.

Reaction Score

My other reason is I cannot stand the entitlement of those UVA fans. It just had the vibe last night as of they earned something or had been there before. Their fruity orange color only reminded me of Syracuse. To me they were all Orange fans last night. I'm glad they are gone with their bright orange pants and Hoos chants. Shoo shoo ed hoos.
I think you guys are a worse matchup for MSU than Transfer U (Iowa State).

I keep coming back to the fact Napier will get his, Appling is still bothered by his wrist. We will have to make up the point differential elsewhere.

Overall, I do think we are a deeper and better team, Dawson is our X-Factor. We run zero set plays for him on offense, but he is producing at a great level. Best athlete on the team and a great defender.

Lost in our game against UVA and their stellar defense, was the fact we play some pretty good defense too.

The one thing we continue to battle are the refs. We get called for more fouls than our opponents consistently, justified or not. This has hampered us for years, not sure why it followed us to this year, except reputation. This isn't a typical Tom Izzo physical team.

Good luck tomorrow. Go Green.

pj

Reaction Score

My other reason is I cannot stand the entitlement of those UVA fans. It just had the vibe last night as of they earned something or had been there before. Their fruity orange color only reminded me of Syracuse. To me they were all Orange fans last night. I'm glad they are gone with their bright orange pants and Hoos chants. Shoo shoo ed hoos.

I would have felt a lot more comfortable with UVa. UConn could shoot over that UVa zone. I think we win that one. MSU is a tough matchup. We're going to need lots of testiculos because on paper, MSU should win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom