Michigan State Fan Here | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Michigan State Fan Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
The one thing we continue to battle are the refs. We get called for more fouls than our opponents consistently, justified or not. This has hampered us for years, not sure why it followed us to this year, except reputation. This isn't a typical Tom Izzo physical team.

Good luck tomorrow. Go Green.

We don't draw many fouls -- we're a finesse team. I don't think fouls are going to decide this game.

Reaction Score
The one thing we continue to battle are the refs. We get called for more fouls than our opponents consistently, justified or not. This has hampered us for years, not sure why it followed us to this year, except reputation. This isn't a typical Tom Izzo physical team.

Good luck tomorrow. Go Green.

Not to worry about the foul calls. They just called one on us for reaching in...they'll let us know tomorrow who it's on. :confused:

Reaction Score
We don't draw many fouls -- we're a finesse team. I don't think fouls are going to decide this game.
Michigan isn't either, but we lost the foul battle with them too.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I would have felt a lot more comfortable with UVa. UConn could shoot over that UVa zone. I think we win that one. MSU is a tough matchup. We're going to need lots of testiculos because on paper, MSU should win.

Not to worry, we have help:

senhor-testiculo_thumb.jpg

GhostofBTT

Graduate of a real college. Boss of UConn grads.
Reaction Score
Also have great respect for Izzo, but remember, right now KO is 1-0 against him.
Probably shouldn't even bother playing tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Great game guys.

I told you in my original post.

You have the guards, I'll go with a tandem like Napier & Boatright everyday of the year.

I also told you Appling wasn't back to 100%:

2 POINTS & 5 FOULS (one being EXTREMELY COSTLY -the air left my lungs, hell my house on that last foul - just inexplicable).

I think you get no. 4, but if it's Wisky or Michigan, you'll be more challenged than what we gave you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Btw, I'm officially depressed now :(

But my alma mater is in the semi-finals of the NCAA Hockey Tourney (Minnesota) - too bad we have to play an in-state rivalry.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Suck it Barkley.

I love Tom Izzo. Just caught his interview outside the locker room. He is a class act all the way and I root for MSU whenever they're not playing UConn.

Reaction Score
Great game guys.

I told you in my original post.

You have the guards, I'll go with a tandem like Napier & Boatright everyday of the year.

I also told you Appling wasn't back to 100%:

2 POINTS & 5 FOULS (one being EXTREMELY COSTLY -the air left my lungs, hell my house on that last foul - just inexplicable).

I think you get no. 4, but if it's Wisky or Michigan, you'll be more challenged than what we gave you.

I thought your success from 3 is what did you in. There was no way you could continue that torrid pace, but it got you settling for outside shots. UConn, as you know, is vulnerable down low.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought your success from 3 is what did you in. There was no way you could continue that torrid pace, but it got you settling for outside shots. UConn, as you know, is vulnerable down low.

We played pretty facking nice down low tonight. Great team D. They didn't go down low because we were closing it out.

Reaction Score
All of husky nation will have your back if you play BC.

We sure have a rivalry with BC, despite the distance. Mass & Minn are NHL machines in terms of American born players. We have other great programs in the state, but nothing like the built in rivalries in Boston. Our in-state rivalries are more outliers on rural campuses and now we don't even play in the same conference.

I was really pissed the BIG killed the WCHA - the all-time best hockey conference, no more. It's a shell of its former self.

Reaction Score
Mich St played like a mid major. They were scared of the paint and just chucked up 3's all day.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
if you are going to double payne down low you then you are taking one hell of a chance... Trice, Valentine, Harris and Kaminski will all take a very good 3 (all between 40-50% for the year)

Appling is the "enigma" at the moment.... really good defensively... hasnt been the same shooting wise since he injured his wrist mid season and still looks like it is bugging him, Trice stepping up has been huge... not the best defensively but the kid is all heart and smart to go with it

Harris is all Big 10 defensively.. but had an off night shooting last night, Valentine is very much a point-forward, he can play 1,2 or 3 if needed

the one thing all the injuries have done this season is given bench kids a chance to play starter minutes.... so this is probably the deepest MSU team we have seen in a lot time... Izzo will play 9 regularly and can play 10...

I think the key to the game tomorrow will be how MSU plays in transistion offence.... get that going and it will be awfully tough.....

Trice and Valentine were a huge part of why MSU lost. Neither played well against our perimeter D.

Reaction Score
Trice and Valentine were a huge part of why MSU lost. Neither played well against our perimeter D.

Spot on. My OP was not an attempt at reverse psychology. I watch this program religiously. Trice got better as the season progressed, but still not enough starting experience and Appling just fell apart this season, every MSU fan know this & it's really quite sad. I hope he continues to play, but his confidence gets rocked too easily.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Suck it Barkley.

I love Tom Izzo. Just caught his interview outside the locker room. He is a class act all the way and I root for MSU whenever they're not playing UConn.

Agree on Barkley and generally agree re Izzo. He was characteristically gracious in defeat but wished his team had played better. Frankly, I wish Niels had shot better than 2 for 10, and that Brimah's stat line was more than zeroes. It's not like UConn played a career game, or that both teams didn't affect each other. The score was pretty reflective of the game on every count.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We sure have a rivalry with BC, despite the distance. Mass & Minn are NHL machines in terms of American born players. We have other great programs in the state, but nothing like the built in rivalries in Boston. Our in-state rivalries are more outliers on rural campuses and now we don't even play in the same conference.

I was really pissed the BIG killed the WCHA - the all-time best hockey conference, no more. It's a shell of its former self.
I was on the Minn campus 2 summers ago - I have a couple of family members that work for the university. They've got something really special going in hockey. The fact that you had your own women's hockey arena blew me away - nicer than our current barn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wish they didn't have to play us so we could meat them in the championship. Izzo is really a class act. Good game Spartans

Reaction Score
Maybe TI will put in a good word for us so that we can play every year as part of the B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom