Michigan Fans | The Boneyard

Michigan Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every fan we came across was awesome and very kind, with the exception of one in Silvas lot. Had a lengthy conversation with #48s mom and grandmother. Both very kind. Yea, number 48 picked off Whitmer. One Michigan fan had been to 90 consecutive games.

It was nice meeting then all.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Michigan fans were trash in my section. A bunch of scum. I was is hoping we'd pull it out to stick it to them.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I had a large block of under 30 Michigan fans in my section. They were they were loud, they were trashed - but what was really annoying is that had no class. Lots of taunting.

Reaction Score
I had a large block of under 30 Michigan fans in my section. They were they were loud, they were trashed - but what was really annoying is that had no class. Lots of taunting.

they will get destroyed by Ohio State but im sure OSU fans are bigger pieces of

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
they will get destroyed by Ohio State but im sure OSU fans are bigger pieces of

Yeah, they don't have much to be proud of. Their team doesn't look top 20 to me.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Agreed - the under 30 Michigan guests as a whole were classless. Saw the seat thing first hand refusing to show ticket stubs and too much inappropriate language - F bombs mostly and things about daughters. As a whole when we went to Ann Arbor we were treated with class - not even sure if the majority of under 30 crowd are/were students/alumni or Michigan natives.

Reaction Score
The Michigan fans in my section were very nice. They didn't know what the American Conference was, still thought we were in the Big East.

Reaction Score
There were two 50-something couch potatoes sitting right behind me. Whenever UConn dropped back to pass,they'd say "I smell a pick six now to get the ball rolling" & be astonished when it didn't happen. When the replays showed the Michigan RB being thrown out of bounds, they were calling for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I could bore you with a list of crap that they were spouting, but I'll summarise: Pompous, Arrogant, Entitled, Clueless. Nothing but trailer trash.

Reaction Score
The Michigan fans I met/saw were nice. They commented that so many Michigan fans came to the game because Michigan never plays this far East, so it was a chance for Boston and New England Michigan fans and alums to see the team live. (Think B1G!) Yes, the Michigan fans were expecting a win and they seemed shocked that they were having trouble with UCONN.

I do have one Michigan fan story. One middle aged female Michigan fan was one of the most drunk fans that I have ever seen at a sporting event. She fell on people in rows in front of her three times. Her husband wasn't much better. Fortunately, she and her husband didn't return for the 2nd half.

Reaction Score

I think the problem here is that a lot of college football stadiums don't serve beer. A lot of the people I talked to at Silva's were surprised/excited you could get beer at the game. Sounds like they may have abused it.

As for this under 30 UConn fan, it was the first time I had been to the Rent 21+ and NOT gotten beer!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I have a friend who is from Connecticut and who is a UConn fan but she went to college at Michigan. She was wearing her Michigan sweatshirt and sitting with Michigan fans last night. She said they were rude and obnoxious, condescending and arrogant. Unfortunately, the row of UConn fans in front of them thought so too and mooned them. Geez.

Reaction Score
I didn't run into any rude Michigan fans. Same when I went to see UCONN play in Ann Arbor. No question, however, that the vast majority were extremely cocky.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There were several families with small kids in my section, guessing they're grads who live in NY/NE (can't imagine even the most big time fans traveling every week with little kids to away games). On our left were three guys, one smoking an e-cigarette (not sure if it was regular tabacky or wacky tabacky) and his friend was comatose drunk, he missed half the game passed out (though he managed to stay upright). At least those guys weren't vocal, loud drunks, they kept to themselves.

Reaction Score
Every Michigan fan I talked to last night thought it would great to have Uconn join the B1G.
Can't like this post enough. I realise that most Michigan fans aren't like the lummoxes that sat behind me last night.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It was a mixed bag in 220. A few Michigan fans that were douchy, and a few more that were classy. It's funny how the -scale of their fans could literally be mapped out simply by looking at their ages. Young Michigan fans apparently suck...

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
There were two 50-something couch potatoes sitting right behind me. Whenever UConn dropped back to pass,they'd say "I smell a pick six now to get the ball rolling" & be astonished when it didn't happen. When the replays showed the Michigan RB being thrown out of bounds, they were calling for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. I could bore you with a list of crap that they were spouting, but I'll summarise: Pompous, Arrogant, Entitled, Clueless. Nothing but trailer trash.
Were you in 203?

Reaction Score
It was a mixed bag in 220. A few Michigan fans that were douchy, and a few more that were classy. It's funny how the -scale of their fans could literally be mapped out simply by looking at their ages. Young Michigan fans apparently suck...

This was my experience as well. The 30 and under crowd was brutal. The folks that tailgated next to us were Michigan grads/transplants from Connecticut/RI all in mid 30s-40s and were absolutely awesome to spend a few hours tailgating with. They actually shooed away an obnoxiously cocky UM fan that came over to watch the ND/MSU game at our set up and went on and on about how our game was going to be a home game for the Wolverines. The Michigan fans sitting behind us? Absolutely brutal group of late 20s guys

As for the UConn fans that mooned the Michigan fans sitting behind them...maybe I am immature, but that is hilarious.

Reaction Score
I know "Go Blue" is their big cheer but I was surprised they used it so much last night considering blue is also our color and we were in the home blues. On the way in and pre-game they were definitely cocky that it'd be a UM home game. Then we brought our cavalry.
Also, I checked some general college football forums and there was an overwhelmingly positive response to our unis/helmets, our fans, and our team.

Reaction Score
Sect 242 had some great Michigan fans and some not so classy UConn ones. It can cut both ways. I spoke to many of the Mich fans during tailgating, during the game, after the game and in the morning at the hotel. All said essentially the same thing. (BTW, these were not Michigan fans from Connecticut who've been to the Rent before. These were out of staters who've never been here.) To a person they all were down on the way their team played and did not offer unsolicited praise for how we played. But that arrogance is borne of National Championships and the most victories all time so I can cut them some slack--plus they were heavy favorites. What I was most pleased about is that they were all essentially wowed by what they saw and experienced here (and that they had not expected).
1. Unreal tailgating
2. Great passion and pagentry of the UConn program. Kudos go to the big HD screen, ribbon board, new Helmet entrance and the video images of the running Husky dogs, a virtual image of the sled idea bantered about on this board.
3. Our great band
4. Our fans--loud and raucous.
5. The stadium.
When I asked whether they could see this place as a Penn State type program they virtually all said yes and many hoped we could be in the B1G.
So, at the end of the day, this was the ideal perfect storm. As we are moving toward AAU and upgrading lots of facilities, the big boys of the B1G saw first hand what they could be getting. In that light, and since it's easier to praise from victory, their winning this battle last night might have gone a long way toward UConn winning the war of CR. We'll have to wait and see what happens. But I like the possibility this morning a lot more than I did at 7pm last night.

Reaction Score
I had two Michigan fans in their 50’s near me who were way over board. F-bombs, trashing talking, screaming at the UConn fans and then acting like they had just beaten Ohio State at the end of the game. One guy has this little plastic mug that he kept waving in front of UConn fans asking of they wanted a place to put our tears. He then got pissed when someone finally ripped it out of his hand and it quickly disappeared into the crowd. Idiot. The other older timer had his kids with him, all Michigan fans, and they were good fans and admitted they by the 4th quarter, they were concerned that if their Dad did not shut-up and if UConn won, he may not have survived the night (Ohio St fans would have killed him by the end of the first half.

Anyone see the field crew detach the portable stairs on each end zone from the stands with about 10 minutes left plus about 200 extra cops showed-up? If UConn won, what does anyone think the goal posts would have survived?

Reaction Score
I had two Michigan fans in their 50’s near me who were way over board. F-bombs, trashing talking, screaming at the UConn fans and then acting like they had just beaten Ohio State at the end of the game. One guy has this little plastic mug that he kept waving in front of UConn fans asking of they wanted a place to put our tears. He then got pissed when someone finally ripped it out of his hand and it quickly disappeared into the crowd. Idiot. The other older timer had his kids with him, all Michigan fans, and they were good fans and admitted they by the 4th quarter, they were concerned that if their Dad did not shut-up and if UConn won, he may not have survived the night (Ohio St fans would have killed him by the end of the first half.

Anyone see the field crew detach the portable stairs on each end zone from the stands with about 10 minutes left plus about 200 extra cops showed-up? If UConn won, what does anyone think the goal posts would have survived?

Were you in 130???

Reaction Score
Sect 242 had some great Michigan fans and some not so classy UConn ones. It can cut both ways. I spoke to many of the Mich fans during tailgating, during the game, after the game and in the morning at the hotel. All said essentially the same thing. (BTW, these were not Michigan fans from Connecticut who've been to the Rent before. These were out of staters who've never been here.) To a person they all were down on the way their team played and did not offer unsolicited praise for how we played. But that arrogance is borne of National Championships and the most victories all time so I can cut them some slack--plus they were heavy favorites. What I was most pleased about is that they were all essentially wowed by what they saw and experienced here (and that they had not expected).
1. Unreal tailgating
2. Great passion and pagentry of the UConn program. Kudos go to the big HD screen, ribbon board, new Helmet entrance and the video images of the running Husky dogs, a virtual image of the sled idea bantered about on this board.
3. Our great band
4. Our fans--loud and raucous.
5. The stadium.
When I asked whether they could see this place as a Penn State type program they virtually all said yes and many hoped we could be in the B1G.
So, at the end of the day, this was the ideal perfect storm. As we are moving toward AAU and upgrading lots of facilities, the big boys of the B1G saw first hand what they could be getting. In that light, and since it's easier to praise from victory, their winning this battle last night might have gone a long way toward UConn winning the war of CR. We'll have to wait and see what happens. But I like the possibility this morning a lot more than I did at 7pm last night.

Nos where in 242 do you sit? I'm row 5 seats seats 4&5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer