Michigan Fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Michigan Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At least 95% pf the posters on the MGO blog were very critical of just about every thing re the stadium. Saying 40% of the crowd was Mich fans, as lot lot of them wore blue ( yah OK)so how can they tell they were Mich fans? They also were of the opinion that the Mich fans out numbered the UConn fans because there were more of them in the Aero lot.

One kid came up to a security guy crying, for real, that a UConn fan was being mean to him. Security to kid " OK what did he look like? Kid ...blank stare. Security " what was he wearing"? Kid.. a UConn shirt" Security " what section"?
Kid " ummmm" Security "go back to your seat, we can't do anything". The kid was age 14-16.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'd say mostly pompous. Just wow...50/50 or 60/40 Michigan fans...really? I'll have no problem rooting against them from here on out.

Talk about entitled elitists.
My impressions from walking in from the Red Lot and in the upper rows of the upper sections was that 50/50 might be stretching it but a reasonable impression. If you sit in the lower bowl, that's where there's more UConn season ticket holders, so fewer M fans there.

Reaction Score
That Michigan blog is hilarious. "60-40 Michigan but most of the fans just weren't cheering" "The entire endzone was Michigan fans." Them and Rutgers can have each other when it comes to delusions like that.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That Michigan blog is hilarious. "60-40 Michigan but most of the fans just weren't cheering" "The entire endzone was Michigan fans." Them and Rutgers can have each other when it comes to delusions like that.
Total joke. It was 75/25 in favor of UConn. Easy.

Reaction Score
Total joke. It was 75/25 in favor of UConn. Easy.

Nah man. Most of them were just blue-clad Michigan fans who were making noise while UConn was on defense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was standing next to a couple of state cops having a discussion about how they needed to break the news to someone that yes people sometimes stand up at football games.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just read their review of our stadium and had a couple of my personal agree/disagree opinions of their observations:

1. MICHIGAN FAN ESTIMATES - DISAGREE: lots of overestimating the crowd ratio. 50-50 and 60-40 were ridiculous. Were there alot of Michigan fans there? Absolutely and rightfully so since it was an opportunity for their eastern alum to see a game. But I'd say the split was 75-25 at most and not many made noise until we let them back in the game;

2. UCMB vs. "rawk music" - AGREE: alot of fans came away very unimpressed with the "rawk" music that we choose to play instead of letting the UCMB (who they all agreed is very good) take control. Perhaps UCMB can learn to play "Welcome to the Jungle" since I'm convinced many UCONN fans are Pavlov dogs for that song;

3. DRUNKS - AGREE: our stadium management or UCONN really needs to think of ways to cut down on the number of drunk incidents. Last week, a drunk Maryland started nonsense with my wife and I. I saw lots of drunks in the crowd last night and more than usual state trooper and security presence. Unfortunately, it's the belligerent drunk fan that leaves an impression...not the good fan who can handle their liquor or who is sober;

4. NONSENSE CAMS/PROMOS - AGREE: I made sure to sit down (as I always do) during "kiss cam" and "dance cam" moments. I also hate t-shirt tosses. The whole idea of these things is very minor league and embarrassing. I was hoping they'd tone down that stuff for the game last night;

5. IN-GAME STATS - AGREE: with a spanking new scoreboard and ribbon boards, there is no excuse to struggle to find the down and distance, game clock and play clock, and TOL info. When it goes off the main scoreboard (ex - during replays), it's lost. And the ribbon boards have much too much advertising on them. Move the advertising to the deck facings that are not covered by a ribbon board and free those up for in-game stats and crowd noise. The ribbon board behind the student section should be a permanent home for in-game stats;

I always am interested in visiting fans perspectives of our stadium. When UCONN fans are fired up for a game, we really make a difference in making the Rent rock and providing our Dahgs with a great homefield advantage. I'm sure if a few Michigan fans come back to our game against USF in a few weeks, they will experience a much different, much calmer atmosphere (with much more empty seats).

Reaction Score
Agree about the promos, kissing cam,and the silly games on the field during tv ads. WhereI sit it is impossible to see info on the ribbon boards by student section. can't really see the jumbotron, even without someone standing on the concourse, so the ribbon boards are the only source of info. Too many ads on them and slow with info as they use to be on the old board.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey if you want UConn to win - get up and dance!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They actually did a better job of putting game info up on the ribbon boards last night than the first two games. It's time to replace the DJ booth with a scoreboard. Especially if they are going to be using the temp seats more often.

The best thing about the DJ is that he looks like he's spinning his dope jams from a bathroom stall when they show him.

Reaction Score
I thought the game was great last night. Had great conversations with Michigan fans. Yes, they seem entitled as they have a great history so success.

As for drunks, I saw one of the drunkest middle aged women that I have ever seen. She was a Michigan fan (with her husband) who was falling on UCONN fans during the first half as she was crazy drunk. Thankfully, neither her or her husband returned after halftime.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Michigan fan next to me was a pretty good guy. He was reasonable
on a couple of the questionable calls.

They really don't make much noise.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Michigan fans were fine. Some of the most obnoxious fans in the world cheer for UConn, so we don't have much room to talk.

Some guys were gloating after the game and it was really pissing me off, but hey, they won and that's sports.

Reaction Score
There were some clowns near me. The "tear mug" guy mentioned by someone else being one of them. Two youngerish guys came in in front of me and were all "nice home game for us!" and my blood was already boiling but they were chill during the game. I was in "the Michigan endzone" and I'm sure the temp seats were overwhelmingly Michigan the lower section had a good showing of UM fans but was still very much UConn. It seems like the fans on that UM board are trying to save face and don't wanna admit UConn can host a football game. Everyone around me seemed to have a great time.

Reaction Score
Most of the fans I spoke with were pretty fun and cordial (but they were beyond the 35-or-so threshold in age).

However, I did come across the single worst college football fan I've ever seen in my entire life at the end of the game, and he appeared to be dead sober.

In the front row on the visitors' side, a Michigan fan came over with his family for pictures near the Michigan players while the clock ticked down. As the game ended, and the players were leaving the field, he started yelling at them that they needed to step it up. "UNACCEPTABLE GUYS! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW BAD AKRON IS? HOW BAD UCONN IS? YOU GOTTA STEP IT UP! IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THE OUT OF UCONN, YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN THE BIG TEN!" Then he picked up his son and turned and smiled for a camera.

The best part? Dude was like 5'6", 150, and not a good 150. Had he turned toward me with that garbage, he might have ended up taking a dive over the rail.

Reaction Score
Michigan fans should not be complaining about stadium experiences. I went to the game at the Big House, and while the pageantry and history is cool, the stadium is a total dump. It took me 45 minutes to get from the gate to my "seats". Yeah, some nice seats they have there. The Big House is the quietest 113k stadium you'll ever see, and you're about a 1/2 mile from the nearest scoreboard.

And 60/40 Michigan to Uconn ratio? Give me a break. They had 8-9k fans there, and that's about it.

Reaction Score
Yes! I'm in row 5 seat. That guy was a cartoon of what a bad fan is.

I was a couple of rows behind. My row was planning to dive bomb the blowhard at the end of row 6 and then stuff him under the seats while we rushed the field if UConn won. The guy was so bad, his son and his son's finance (I think), who were both good fans, were embarrassed by him and worried about his safety. If blowhard or tear cup guy had acted that way at Columbus or East Lansing, they both would have been in the hospital by halftime.

Reaction Score
Michigan fans should not be complaining about stadium experiences. I went to the game at the Big House, and while the pageantry and history is cool, the stadium is a total dump. It took me 45 minutes to get from the gate to my "seats". Yeah, some nice seats they have there. The Big House is the quietest 113k stadium you'll ever see, and you're about a 1/2 mile from the nearest scoreboard.

And 60/40 Michigan to UConn ratio? Give me a break. They had 8-9k fans there, and that's about it.

I would call it between 25% and 35% Michigan fans. The controlled the temp seating behind where was sitting plus the visitor's section. That's about 5K seats right there and then throw in the rest scattered throughout the Rent.

I been to one game at Michigan Stadium, versus Purdue. Fist, traffic is worse in Ann Arbor and parking is miles away through golf courses, office parks, etc. It is a unique environment; but, one way they cram 115K in the stadium is by having the seats so narrow, no one can sit.

What is really fun, is explaining to proud Michigan Alumni that Michigan Stadium, which was built in the late 1920's, is a (now lager) copy of an earlier stadium - The Yale Bowl, which was built in the mid 1910's. The can't fathom that their Stadium is a rip from a school in the Northeast. Sacrilegious!

Reaction Score

And 60/40 Michigan to Uconn ratio? Give me a break. They had 8-9k fans there, and that's about it.

I'd give them a little more than that but they are completely delusional. Anyone with ears knows it was at least 70 percent UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom