Michigan Fans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Michigan Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd give them a little more than that but they are completely delusional. Anyone with ears knows it was at least 70 percent UConn.

They didn't make nearly as much noise per capita but easily hit 30% of the attendance. Even taking a conservative 30% of the official attendance leaves fewer than 30k UConn fans.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's link to a thread I started (under a very subtle code name that I use on TOB) on a Michigan board. Only a couple of responses so far but they are positive.

Reaction Score
A funny takeaway from their forums is nearly all of them said things we've been saying for 10 years. "I could have done without the piped in music." "I wanted to hear more of their band." "Stupid giveaways and contests." One guy even said "It was my son's first football game and for the rest of his life he won't be able to hear Guns N Roses without thinking about Michigan's third downs." A lot of them mentioned our "piped in first down cheer" Since when is the live P.A. announcer and live crowd "piped in?"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He only missed about 5 first downs - but few people realize the first down chant was stolen from NC State.

Reaction Score
He only missed about 5 first downs - but few people realize the first down chant was stolen from NC State.

That first down chant is done by pretty much everybody. NC State first started that?

Reaction Score
What is really fun, is explaining to proud Michigan Alumni that Michigan Stadium, which was built in the late 1920's, is a (now lager) copy of an earlier stadium - The Yale Bowl, which was built in the mid 1910's. The can't fathom that their Stadium is a rip from a school in the Northeast. Sacrilegious!

? The Michigan alum in question probably doesn't know their history then. That's not exactly a secret - it's on the official site (although I wouldn't call it a copy since they field isn't oval like Yale's). The Winged helmets are technically from Princeton as well - Crisler designed it there and brought them over when he became the Michigan HC in 1937.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That first down chant is done by pretty much everybody. NC State first started that?

It came to UConn when the crowd at the 2003 game in Raleigh brought it back.

Maybe it didn't originate there but they were doing it as early as 1997 when I was there.

Reaction Score
Couple incidents at the bottom and top of 219 (maybe 218) but not too bad. Most were cordial. Really drunk mom embarrassing her kids in grey lot after the game. The kids may have gone to UM but she got no closer than Ann Arbor CC or whatever. If the kids weren't so nice, we would've directed her to Red Lot via the woods.

Reaction Score
Overall the Michigan fans I saw or spoke to were OK. I had to tell one guy who asked me that yes, we have sold out the Rent before.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
They are the winningest college football program on earth. They regularly sell out their 110k stadium. So, I get it why they may "look down" on our young program and "small" stadium. They've earned the right (as opposed to Rutgers). However, it sure does say a lot about the person if they choose to EXORCISE that right...

Reaction Score
? The Michigan alum in question probably doesn't know their history then. That's not exactly a secret - it's on the official site (although I wouldn't call it a copy since they field isn't oval like Yale's). The Winged helmets are technically from Princeton as well - Crisler designed it there and brought them over when he became the Michigan HC in 1937.

Did not know that about the helmets. Pride can and often does make one blind to facts, though with respect to the Yale Bowl. While I know the opposite is true, one can have a lot of fun with drunk Michigan fans by accusing them of stealing their uni's from Delaware.

Reaction Score
Section 215, The Michigan fans were ok, they were quiet and could not believe that we were all over them. There were a lot of Michigan fans at the game, but Mostly UCONN (about 75%). The atmosphere was electric, UCONN fans were loud and proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom