Michigan begins search for permanent AD | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Michigan begins search for permanent AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Michigan could care less if he failed at getting UConn into a P5 conference. Michigan will never find themselves in the position that UConn finds itself currently. They are not hiring him for conference realignment. They want someone who can keep the athletic department moving forward, someone who can continue raising lots of cash, and relate to the students and "student-athletes". He can do that and that is probably why he is a contender for the position. I agree it would have been better for UConn if he left before and this is probably the worse time for him to abandon ship at Storrs. If UConn had an invite in hand, then I would certainly say best wishes. But right now, I think the timing is terrible for UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Michigan could care less if he failed at getting UConn into a P5 conference. Michigan will never find themselves in the position that UConn finds itself currently. They are not hiring him for conference realignment. They want someone who can keep the athletic department moving forward, someone who can continue raising lots of cash, and relate to the students and "student-athletes". He can do that and that is probably why he is a contender for the position. I agree it would have been better for UConn if he left before and this is probably the worse time for him to abandon ship at Storrs. If UConn had an invite in hand, then I would certainly say best wishes. But right now, I think the timing is terrible for UConn fans.

On the other hand, looking at the job from the outside, Michigan has a football coach who's an absolute joy to have as a direct report. Or, so say the 49r's front office staff. A winning coach, especially one that turns around a moribund franchise, has to be a monumental pain in the butt/ulcer carrier to get fired from an NFL team. SF chose returning to the dregs over keeping a (felony-free) winning coach. He was already a local god when he took the MI job. Imagine him after a few wins over Ohio State. It'll be who's working for whom.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
On the other hand, looking at the job from the outside, Michigan has a football coach who's an absolute joy to have as a direct report. Or, so say the 49r's front office staff. A winning coach, especially one that turns around a moribund franchise, has to be a monumental pain in the butt/ulcer carrier to get fired from an NFL team. SF chose returning to the dregs over keeping a (felony-free) winning coach. He was already a local god when he took the MI job. Imagine him after a few wins over Ohio State. It'll be who's working for whom.

Yeah, he can be a little demanding, but take a look at what's happening at SF now. York wanted someone he could control, and Harbaugh wasn't that man.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That loser Ward Manual just got UConn Hockey on both SNY and NESN.

I'll sure be glad when he's gone and stops signing deals to increase out exposure in key markets.

I thought Hockey East owns the whole TV deal? That SNY wanted to buy a game is good and all - but didn't the league do it?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Pretty much every AD at every big
school works for the football coach. It's why they make 3x-4x more.

Reaction Score
Also odd so many fans of his can't spell his name.

I get autocorrected all the time and frankly I started giving up.

To answer your other question apparently the games are broadcasted over a feed called The American Sports Network and YES and NESN can choose which games to broadcast.

So I was wrong it wasn't a separate deal, but I think that we are getting chosen does speak to where the program is and our AD deserves a lot of credit for that.

Reaction Score
Pretty much every AD at every big
school works for the football coach. It's why they make 3x-4x more.

True and true, again. I guess my point or question is: Does one, given prior warning, choose to walk through a mine field?

Reaction Score
Does one, given prior warning, choose to walk through a mine field?

Yes, if brave, confident, and a risk taker. Navigating minefields is what helps identify the Medal of Honor winners. Risk invites rewards. Without the mines, it's merely a walk in the park.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not anymore. Hunter Rawlings is retiring in the Spring.
I think both of you guys are referring to UConn alum Scott Cowen, former president of Tulane and chair of the AAU. He retired in 2014.

Reaction Score
Yes, if brave, confident, and a risk taker. Navigating minefields is what helps identify the Medal of Honor winners. Risk invites rewards. Without the mines, it's merely a walk in the park.

Or post-mortem membership in the Butchered Battalion club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom