MHver3 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

MHver3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There were a million people predicting ND to the ACC. Please, could Waylon be anymore full of ****?

Why do some people get so upset about what a message board poster says? If you don't like what he says, don't read him. Especially if it makes you so angry.

Reaction Score
Why do some people get so upset about what a message board poster says? If you don't like what he says, don't read him. Especially if it makes you so angry.

You don't make me angry. You make me laugh.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
MHver3:"Hearing rumors of uconn to the pac-12 look for it to happen within the next few weeks" (source: CTMike's dream the other night)
hahahaha.... it was so real...

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It's not just the supposed gurus with inside information it's also all the mooks who take this supposed inside info and regurgitate and add to it ad infinitum. And lets be real, a lot of them make so many damned predictions that some of them have to eventually turn out to be true.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's hilarious that someone could value the rantings of a message board poster who has been caught replying to themselves under a second handle.

Gene Frigging Wojo talked about ND to ACC last year. And guessing a contract number is just luck.

We had one guy who actually had inside info come here and Waylon was all over him. Yet this idiots ramblings are legitimate?

More legitimate than your idiot ramblings.

He did get Clemson and FSU to the Big 12 wrong, although there were clearly discussions between the Big 12 and those schools, and they were serious enough that the rest of the ACC voted to raise exit fees to prohibitive levels, against the wishes of Clemson and FSU.

The "fromtheinside" psychopath that posted here early in the year also called a lot of this stuff right. While I disagreed with him and felt that he didn't know the business side of TV nearly well enough to be who he claimed he was, I do have to give him credit for being right about a lot of stuff.

It is interesting that you would prefer ignorance over additional sources of information. Odd choice, especially for someone that reads and posts on a message board.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
More legitimate than your idiot ramblings.

He did get Clemson and FSU to the Big 12 wrong, although there were clearly discussions between the Big 12 and those schools, and they were serious enough that the rest of the ACC voted to raise exit fees to prohibitive levels, against the wishes of Clemson and FSU.

The "fromtheinside" psychopath that posted here early in the year also called a lot of this stuff right. While I disagreed with him and felt that he didn't know the business side of TV nearly well enough to be who he claimed he was, I do have to give him credit for being right about a lot of stuff.

It is interesting that you would prefer ignorance over additional sources of information. Odd choice, especially for someone that reads and posts on a message board.

Yeah my idiot ramblings like Clemson and FSU were never leaving the ACC? Or maybe the time I predicted Duke Vandy and Rice running off together.

Fromtheinside was a psychopath? That guy knew what he was talking about and explained himself in a clear way - you just didn't like what he was saying.

This guy was caught replying to himself - why would any stable person with real info do that. They would post what they know and let the outcome prove them right.

Where are all the big NBC talkers lately anyway - I've been missing the predictions for the billions the Big East is getting from NBC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah my idiot ramblings like Clemson and FSU were never leaving the ACC? Or maybe the time I predicted Duke Vandy and Rice running off together.

Fromtheinside was a psychopath? That guy knew what he was talking about and explained himself in a clear way - you just didn't like what he was saying.

This guy was caught replying to himself - why would any stable person with real info do that. They would post what they know and let the outcome prove them right.

Where are all the big NBC talkers lately anyway - I've been missing the predictions for the billions the Big East is getting from NBC.

My guess is fromtheinside knew someone that was in the sports TV business, and took that persona himself on the message board. He had a lot of facts, but didn't really understand the business and got things like ratings and viewers confused. He was a psychopath because he went stalker on me. I think he is a mod on Rivals because he posted some personal information about me that he must have gotten from my rivals sign up. I ignored him after a while and he moved on, but it was a little creepy.

I don't care that much about mhver3 to keep defending him. I was making a more general observation that most posters get so upset with "insiders" to the point that I think they would rather not have the "insiders" information in the first place.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
mhver3 is reporting that ESPN/Big East negotiations are not going well. Not a surprise or much of an insight, given that if they were going well, and announcement would have been made by now. There is no reason for ESPN to budge for another month if they are trying to lowball the Big East. Terrorize the Big East with threats of additional departures, which could cause the whole league to come apart, and see if the schools buckle and sign for a lowball offer. If they don't, then a week before Halloween, ESPN will come in with its last and best offer, and tell the Big East to take it or leave it.

Lots of rumors that ESPN is trying to get the Big 12 to raid the Big East. The Big 12 got played by Notre Dame, and that cost them FSU and Clemson. Are they going to add anyone, just take Rutgers and Louisville, or do they take 4? I don't like our odds in this right now. We have to hope the Big 12 decides to sit tight, because I don't see UConn making the cut for 2 and I don't see the Big 12 adding 4.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We have to hope the Big 12 decides to sit tight, because I don't see UConn making the cut for 2 and I don't see the Big 12 adding 4.

The hell we do. I want chaos and more chaos. I like our odds in a free for all feeding frenzy. I don't like our odds sitting tight on the giant turd that is the NBE. We need each conference to feel like it needs to go to 16. That opens six spots in the Big XII, four in the B1G and one in the ACC. I'll ignore the SEC and Pac, although the SEC could open up two more spots from the ACC or B1G. So at minimum, 11 openings in the conferences that could conceivably add UConn. I challenge anyone to come up with even a handful of more attractive candidates than UConn.

Reaction Score
Mhver3 actually tweeted that he heard rumblings about UConn moving all Olympic sports to the ACC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Mhver3 actually tweeted that he heard rumblings about UConn moving all Olympic sports to the ACC.

That sounds like nonsense, but then I thought the same thing about ND to the ACC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The hell we do. I want chaos and more chaos. I like our odds in a free for all feeding frenzy. I don't like our odds sitting tight on the giant turd that is the NBE. We need each conference to feel like it needs to go to 16. That opens six spots in the Big XII, four in the B1G and one in the ACC. I'll ignore the SEC and Pac, although the SEC could open up two more spots from the ACC or B1G. So at minimum, 11 openings in the conferences that could conceivably add UConn. I challenge anyone to come up with even a handful of more attractive candidates than UConn.

If the Big 12 adds just 2 teams, UConn's athletic program is dust.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My guess is fromtheinside knew someone that was in the sports TV business, and took that persona himself on the message board. He had a lot of facts, but didn't really understand the business and got things like ratings and viewers confused. He was a psychopath because he went stalker on me. I think he is a mod on Rivals because he posted some personal information about me that he must have gotten from my rivals sign up. I ignored him after a while and he moved on, but it was a little creepy.

I don't care that much about mhver3 to keep defending him. I was making a more general observation that most posters get so upset with "insiders" to the point that I think they would rather not have the "insiders" information in the first place.

Im not upset about insiders. I prefer that my insiders actually be insiders. I dont beleive mhver is.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we need the b12 to add and more teams to move. its a race to 16 and eventually the sec is going to start it all. but it first needs the b12 to get to 12 so that they can have a ship game and match the winners up in that new bca bowl they made together. the answer will be 16 or 18 teams per conf for the big boys which allows a ton of good things including 2 divisions with full schedules etc. the b10 and acc will have to react eventually to the sec and b12. in due time uconn will be in a big 5 conf...

Reaction Score
That sounds like nonsense, but then I thought the same thing about ND to the ACC.

If you don't believe me, check his timeline. All he does is echo all of the other Stop that's out on the Internet.

Reaction Score
If you don't believe me, check his timeline. All he does is echo all of the other bull**** that's out on the Internet.

... and that's different than Bleacher Report and SB Nation how?

And as far as his "split personalities", after this week's worth of extreme nastiness - I'm convinced we have the same issue going on here. It's too coincidental that all these "new posters" found the BY on Sunday to start tossing grenades.

Reaction Score
I tend to think the most trustworthy "insiders" only get to share their information once or twice. If caught, their information pipeline dries up. Unfortunately, they may be somewhat hit and run, so they'll look a lot like the trolls that just post for attention.

The frequent insiders are either: i) guys that scour the internet and try to pull nuggets from people they think of as insiders; or ii) conduits. The former sometimes get information that is legit and helpful. More often it's just noise. I don't trust the info, but I don't mind hearing it. It's at least entertaining. This is what Mhver3 seems to be. The latter (the "Conduits") are guys like Chip Brown that are given filtered information to post. It's hard to trust the information because they seem to get deliberately incorrect information to leak just as often as true information.

What it comes down to is that you'll never really know if the person had information until after it proves true. Even if it doesn't happen, the information may have been true at the time of the share. Either way, I do tend to like hearing that UConn is mentioned. Even if it's falsely leaked info, at least the name is out there. It seems like all other moves have been preceded by rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom