MHver3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

MHver3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can confirm this. NBC is looking to pick up UConn's football TV deal, plan is to have doubleheaders with ND football on Saturdays. The OB agreement will be ACC champ vs ND or UConn or whoever else is left.

I just read on the wall of the portajohn here at work that we will have exclusive rights to the playoffs if we win 9 games

Reaction Score
If we ever went Indy, we would need to hire Mike Leach or similar and pay him 4 mill/year. It would be the only way to survive as an independent. We would have to turn UConn into one of America's teams by playing anyone, anywhere and kicking ass and taking names with high powered offense.

I think if the ACC agreed to a deal like that, they would really have to sell UCONN on it. It would be a big challenge for us and very expensive. The upside is we could make a name for ourselves quickly if committed to becoming the greatest show on turf. I suspect UConn and Connecticut in general are far too conservative to ever take that path though.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
What's up with the recent Mike Leach references? Did I miss him getting fired at Wazzu?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What's up with the recent Mike Leach references? Did I miss him getting fired at Wazzu?
when we hired P it was the same time the Leach sag was going on and he was available but at the time was considerd a bit toxic. some here including me went nuts to get him here but it never got to any substance. he was the home run hire imho.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If this were to happen we would permanently be ND's b!tch and the ACC would end up with zero leverage to get ND to commit to football. That said, the exposure and (possible, depending on the NBC deal if that were true) revenue would absolutely place us in a better situation than we are in now (under the premise that we would actually attempt to take advantage of the situation).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Mhver: hearing rumblings Uconn to the ACC in ol;ympic sports and same scheduling deal for FB as ND. FB to be Indy

came out a few minutes ago

Can you imagine what our home schedule would look like if we did this? UMass, Buffalo, Temple, and Kent State would be a good year. Imagine if the two home games from the 5 were Wake Forest and Miami. We would draw 20k for that schedule.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Swofford pass out invitations to the ACC at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Can you imagine what our home schedule would look like if we did this? UMass, Buffalo, Temple, and Kent State would be a good year. Imagine if the two home games from the 5 were Wake Forest and Miami. We would draw 20k for that schedule.

It doesn't sounds much different than temple, Memphis, SMU, Houston and UCF....which is our future otherwise.

My initial reaction is that this idea is bad...difficult to schedule...and somewhat insulting. But...if more re-alignment happens and say UL, Cincy or RU leave...I think we have to seriously look at this alternative. At least hoops will still be fun.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

considering we have schools like michigan and tenn coming and uva as well this wouldnt be the case. would it be tough to fill 12 games? sure, but i think we could do it. hell the nd fenway thing is a lot more interesting now with this rumor.

i would have no problem with this schedule for uconn

umass
fcs or 2nd mac team
5 acc games( 3-2 h/a by year)
bcs type game like tenn or nd
2nd bcs game
fill 3 slots( navy/army/usf/lville/temple etc...)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
considering we have schools like michigan and tenn coming and uva as well this wouldnt be the case. would it be tough to fill 12 games? sure, but i think we could do it. hell the nd fenway thing is a lot more interesting now with this rumor.

i would have no problem with this schedule for uconn

umass
fcs or 2nd mac team
5 acc games( 3-2 h/a by year)
bcs type game like tenn or nd
2nd bcs game
fill 3 slots( navy/army/usf/lville/temple etc...)

Why does anyone think that any team is less likely to play a home and home series with UConn as an Indy rather than member of the Big East? Hell, most of the Big East's decent teams, Rutgers, Louisville and Cincy, would be happy to play us. I'm sure throwing in some non-conference basketball games, even womens, could entice some others. Did NC State play us because we're a Big East Team? Hardly. I agree, there's a fair chance the schedule could be better.

Reaction Score
MHver3 is a phony. The type of information he posts doesn't seem to be the type of information that you'd get just because you had connection to insiders. The way to spot it is that his tweets are mostly conclusions from multiple sources of information. Here rarely post what he hears. It's as if he's get so much information, he only has time to post a summary. For example, here's one of his tweets:
"Believe it or not Luck is helping RU at every turn." If you actually could conclude something like this, wouldn't there be lots of raw data that you'd have posted along the way? Even real journalists don't have that many sources on conference realignment.

He has been caught lying on the West Virginia boards several times. He created a second fake account and posted under it until the administrators traced his IP after which he admitted it. During the ACC meetings, he posted in a thread on the WV boards "LOL Spetman just walked out of a meeting!!". After it was pointed out to him that Spetman, Florida State's athletic director, wasn't there because he was in Colorado, at first he pretended to not notice the posts of people questioning him, and then finally came back with a lame excuse.

In order to do what he does, he has to read the message boards. So guess what he saw when he made a stop at the Boneyard during his usual rounds? A thread with his name as the title. He took the idea as Connecticut joining as a partial member and made it into a tweet.

Reaction Score
I can confirm this. NBC is looking to pick up UConn's football TV deal, plan is to have doubleheaders with ND football on Saturdays. The OB agreement will be ACC champ vs ND or UConn or whoever else is left.
Geez, I could swear that my calendar says that today is September 25th, Not April 1st.;)

Reaction Score
If we ever went Indy, we would need to hire Mike Leach or similar and pay him 4 mill/year. It would be the only way to survive as an independent. We would have to turn UConn into one of America's teams by playing anyone, anywhere and kicking ass and taking names with high powered offense.

I think if the ACC agreed to a deal like that, they would really have to sell UCONN on it. It would be a big challenge for us and very expensive. The upside is we could make a name for ourselves quickly if committed to becoming the greatest show on turf. I suspect UConn and Connecticut in general are far too conservative to ever take that path though.

I hear Bobby Petrino is available. :)

As to some of the other posts in the thread, the problem with going independent is the scheduling. Teams will play UConn. The problem is getting teams to play UConn in October/November. Only an Notre Dame like arrangement keeps UConn from having to schedule some real suspect schools. Look at BYU. They're playing Idaho, Utah State, New Mexico State, Weber State, and San Jose State this season and BYU's independence just started.

But it seems like a moot point given the likelihood of this happening.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I hear Bobby Petrino is available. :)

As to some of the other posts in the thread, the problem with going independent is the scheduling. Teams will play UConn. The problem is getting teams to play UConn in October/November. Only an Notre Dame like arrangement keeps UConn from having to schedule some real suspect schools. Look at BYU. They're playing Idaho, Utah State, New Mexico State, Weber State, and San Jose State this season and BYU's independence just started.

But it seems like a moot point given the likelihood of this happening.

aim higher- tressel

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
MHver3 is a phony. The type of information he posts doesn't seem to be the type of information that you'd get just because you had connection to insiders. The way to spot it is that his tweets are mostly conclusions from multiple sources of information. Here rarely post what he hears. It's as if he's get so much information, he only has time to post a summary. For example, here's one of his tweets:
"Believe it or not Luck is helping RU at every turn." If you actually could conclude something like this, wouldn't there be lots of raw data that you'd have posted along the way? Even real journalists don't have that many sources on conference realignment.

He has been caught lying on the West Virginia boards several times. He created a second fake account and posted under it until the administrators traced his IP after which he admitted it. During the ACC meetings, he posted in a thread on the WV boards "LOL Spetman just walked out of a meeting!!". After it was pointed out to him that Spetman, Florida State's athletic director, wasn't there because he was in Colorado, at first he pretended to not notice the posts of people questioning him, and then finally came back with a lame excuse.

In order to do what he does, he has to read the message boards. So guess what he saw when he made a stop at the Boneyard during his usual rounds? A thread with his name as the title. He took the idea as Connecticut joining as a partial member and made it into a tweet.

He is not a phony. He has gotten some things very, very right. He got the Big 12 TV deal to within a million per team even after initial reports were for a smaller number, that was then corrected. He nailed ND to the ACC months ago.

He clearly has a source or two. But those sources only know what those sources know. They are not omnipotent beings that can see into every man's soul, but they are a lot closer to what is really happening than 99.9% of the people on message boards, who are the most rabid fans.

He is a little strange, and he did pretend to be someone else, down to trading posts with himself under two different handles. Who knows why he did that? But he does have some connections, I believe into WVU and one other school's athletic department. Possibly Rutgers or Cincinnati.

I do not get why people get so angry at "insiders" when the insiders turn out to be wrong. If you don't like what they say, don't read their posts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It doesn't sounds much different than temple, Memphis, SMU, Houston and UCF....which is our future otherwise.

My initial reaction is that this idea is bad...difficult to schedule...and somewhat insulting. But...if more re-alignment happens and say UL, Cincy or RU leave...I think we have to seriously look at this alternative. At least hoops will still be fun.
It is very different than the NNBE schools. SMU and Houston are having down years, but most years those schools would crush the low level majors UConn will be filling its schedule with if it goes the route that mhver3 is saying UConn may go.

Reaction Score
There were a million people predicting ND to the ACC. Please, could Waylon be anymore full of ?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It is very different than the NNBE schools. SMU and Houston are having down years, but most years those schools would crush the low level majors UConn will be filling its schedule with if it goes the route that mhver3 is saying UConn may go.

Come on, Houston got lucky with a very good QB who is now gone. SMU has been terrible for many years. I keep hearing how these NBE teams are all on the rise. Been hearing it about USF for a decade, and they're no different than before. A decent team who occasionally goes to a bowl. They have gained no ground on FSU and UF. Houston and SMU will be lucky to get to the USF level, and will never touch UT or A&M (and are well behind TCU and even Baylor). As I've said before, Boise is due to come back to earth as well. They won't stink, but I think their days in the top ten are over.

We loaded up on teams with flashes of recent success and no long term track record. Temple and Memphis have neither. Louisville, Cincy and RU are carrying the league at the moment.

Reaction Score
Come on, Houston got lucky with a very good QB who is now gone. SMU has been terrible for many years. I keep hearing how these NBE teams are all on the rise. Been hearing it about USF for a decade, and they're no different than before. A decent team who occasionally goes to a bowl. They have gained no ground on FSU and UF. Houston and SMU will be lucky to get to the USF level, and will never touch UT or A&M (and are well behind TCU and even Baylor). As I've said before, Boise is due to come back to earth as well. They won't stink, but I think their days in the top ten are over.

We loaded up on teams with flashes of recent success and no long term track record. Temple and Memphis have neither. Louisville, Cincy and RU are carrying the league at the moment.

Other than that they've beaten FSU you mean.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Other than that they've beaten FSU you mean.

Yes, yes in a season in which the went 8-5 (same as UConn). Before that they beat WVU twice, and Auburn.

And the U.S. beat England in the 1950 World Cup, heralding a new age of U.S. soccer dominance...or not.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's hilarious that someone could value the rantings of a message board poster who has been caught replying to themselves under a second handle.

Gene Frigging Wojo talked about ND to ACC last year. And guessing a contract number is just luck.

We had one guy who actually had inside info come here and Waylon was all over him. Yet this idiots ramblings are legitimate?

Reaction Score
MHver3:"Hearing rumors of uconn to the pac-12 look for it to happen within the next few weeks" (source: CTMike's dream the other night)

Reaction Score

sarcasm or not? i am expansioned out thus have a dulled perception.

U

UConn9604

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this was MHver3's "source" for his UConn-to-the-ACC rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom