MHver3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MHver3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
exactly...to take it a step further. i see espn shoving some combination of cinci rutgers ul and uconn to the big 12 until they bite. If the exclusive negotiating window starts to close espn will pressure the ACC to take 2 more big east teams at which time the ACC will willingly comply with their master.

espn will do whatever it takes to get the league for dirt cheap or destroy it.

I think ESPN will strong arm BYU into the Big 12 and add Louisville into that league. That is the cheapest way to raid the Big East.

On the other hand, ESPN has no interest in lowballing the Big East, because that only reduces the costs for ESPN's competitor NBC.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
IIRC, BYU was able to go indy on football because of an ESPN agreement. What BYU does next will involve considerable input from ESPN (not good for NNBE).

At times this appears to be more of a personal vendetta against the BE than merely business by ESPN (which is quite sad as the BE played an enormous role, primarily Big Monday, which began as Monday Night in the Big East in ESPN having quality programming in its infancy).

My guess is that ESPN's strategy is to scare the remnants of the NNBE enough for them to agree to an inferior offer shortly before the exclusive window closes and if this does not work, damage the product (NNBE) further, making it worthless to one of their competitors.

Reaction Score
The irony is that the Big East school presidents could make a pact to see this through, but much like fans on a message board they're all hoping that their school is the next one to be used as a tool to further weaken the big east. No loyalty among thieves or school presidents I guess.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The irony is that the Big East school presidents could make a pact to see this through, but much like fans on a message board they're all hoping that their school is the next one to be used as a tool to further weaken the big east. No loyalty among thieves or school presidents I guess.

What you are suggesting is basically locking everyone (who hasn't left yet) below deck after the ship hit the iceberg.

Reaction Score
As do thieves want to maximize their profit, but that's not the point. The big east school presidents coulda came together and discussed an anti raid strategy, maybe sign some binding document and ALL the big schools wold have profited. Instead you had who ever was leading the expansion committee putting out feelers,presidents and politicians trying to out fox one another, all the while leaving long time partners in a lurch. The Big East has been the one league others have looked at as what not to do to keep teams from bolting. Big 12 signed a grant of rights, ACC just signed a fifty million dollar exit fee.

The lack of true consensus building commissioners is huge part of the mess were in, but the presidents themselves have behaved shamefully in all this.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Expansion is done for quite a while.

You can either believe that or, if it helps, I can start a Twitter account under the name MHver4 and let you know that way.

There is no duck*ing way the presidents of UConn, Rutgers or UL should consider an "anti-raid" strategy - they are better off discussing a "get raided again" strategy.

Salvation is highly unlikely, but if it exists for those three, it exists somewhere other than this dumpster fire of a conference.

Reaction Score
What you are suggesting is basically locking everyone (who hasn't left yet) below deck after the ship hit the iceberg.

No Fairfield, this goes back to the original raid. There was foresight from anyone involved with the conference. Oh well, let's just hope we get a call real soon here, because that league with UMass, buffalo and temple is looking like a real possibility.

Reaction Score
As do thieves want to maximize their profit, but that's not the point. The big east school presidents coulda came together and discussed an anti raid strategy, maybe sign some binding document and ALL the big schools wold have profited. Instead you had who ever was leading the expansion committee putting out feelers,presidents and politicians trying to out fox one another, all the while leaving long time partners in a lurch. The Big East has been the one league others have looked at as what not to do to keep teams from bolting. Big 12 signed a grant of rights, ACC just signed a fifty million dollar exit fee.

The lack of true consensus building commissioners is huge part of the mess were in, but the presidents themselves have behaved shamefully in all this.
It would have been a total blast if the BE before the defections of Miami, BC and VT stayed together. But it just seems the BE was not meant to be one of the "stable" conferences. The BE didn't even form a football side until 10+ years later.

Reaction Score

You can either believe that or, if it helps, I can start a Twitter account under the name MHver4 and let you know that way.

Sadly I hope your right. Any further expansion would probably UConn further

Reaction Score

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right. Navy has to be giving up it's independence for something.

Reaction Score
Sadly I hope your right. Any further expansion would probably UConn further
This is a chance to further build our football program before really stepping in with the big boys.

Reaction Score

There is no duck*ing way the presidents of UConn, Rutgers or UL should consider an "anti-raid" strategy - they are better off discussing a "get raided again" strategy.

Salvation is highly unlikely, but if it exists for those three, it exists somewhere other than this dumpster fire of a conference.

If the ACC was smart...they would take all three but at minimum two.

Net result: NYC is captured as much as can be, BB is the best and without peer, FB gains three more schools all capable of Top 25 (2 Flagships and 1 city-state school with a national brand). Finally, the league would get MSG by default. Cuse, UConn, UL, UNC, Duke would be huge draws. I could see it rotate 50% to NYC. Notre Dame gets time to prep their fan base.

Mama ESPN surely would keep their per team $$$ equal or better. Finally, bring in Louisville with a 10 year contract and give them parmeters to upgrade their academics and modifiy their mission.

Reaction Score
If the ACC was smart...they would take all three but at minimum two.

Net result: NYC is captured as much as can be, BB is the best and without peer, FB gains three more schools all capable of Top 25 (2 Flagships and 1 city-state school with a national brand). Finally, the league would get MSG by default. Cuse, UConn, UL, UNC, Duke would be huge draws. I could see it rotate 50% to NYC. Notre Dame gets time to prep their fan base.

Mama ESPN surely would keep their per team $$$ equal or better. Finally, bring in Louisville with a 10 year contract and give them parmeters to upgrade their academics and modifiy their mission.

Edit: Forgot to add Notre Dame as a draw for MSG and MD would also bring a decent amount of fans.

Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3
A shared Tier 3 package with UL bball and Rutgers Ny market and us of course could top Recent similar deals in conference.

4m MHver3@MHver3
Alot of eyes on Rutgers in the next few weeks. If ratings keep climbing other conferences may take note.

7m MHver3@MHver3
Certain programs in an "eastern" conference were given an outline of things they must commit to/improve on to even be considered for B12

8h MHver3@MHver3
Rutgers shining moment couldn't have come at a better time. B12 was extremely impressed with the Knights performance this weekend.

So this just means we need to go down and put Snookie to bed in 2 weeks.

imagesCAGAK91M.jpg

Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3
A shared Tier 3 package with UL bball and Rutgers Ny market and us of course could top Recent similar deals in conference.

4m MHver3@MHver3
Alot of eyes on Rutgers in the next few weeks. If ratings keep climbing other conferences may take note.

7m MHver3@MHver3
Certain programs in an "eastern" conference were given an outline of things they must commit to/improve on to even be considered for B12

8h MHver3@MHver3
Rutgers shining moment couldn't have come at a better time. B12 was extremely impressed with the Knights performance this weekend.

So this just means we need to go down and put Snookie to bed in 2 weeks.

View attachment 1343

Does this idiot realize Rutgirls drew a 0.4 for a Thursday Night game? They have zero cachet 50 miles from New Brunswick. Lots of this is due to no brand value in basketball.

Reaction Score
Does this idiot realize Rutgirls drew a 0.4 for a Thursday Night game? They have zero cachet 50 miles from New Brunswick. Lots of this is due to no brand value in basketball.
Most other conferences and networks still don't understand that college basketball is far more popular in the general NYC viewing public than college football. CFB frequently gets lost in the NFL/MLB shuffle among the NYC press. RU is 4-0 and every radio station cares more about Darel Revis' ankle and Derek Jeter's comments last week to Rick Reilly than anything RU does on the field. Yet they broke into their mid-day shows to livecast Calhoun's retirement press conference. Coincidence?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mhver is actually just having fun on the internet playing a part and enjoying people listening to what he says.

He is no different than Waylon or Spackler. He just does a better job playing his role.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Most other conferences and networks still don't understand that college basketball is far more popular in the general NYC viewing public than college football. CFB frequently gets lost in the NFL/MLB shuffle among the NYC press. RU is 4-0 and every radio station cares more about Darel Revis' ankle and Derek Jeter's comments last week to Rick Reilly than anything RU does on the field. Yet they broke into their mid-day shows to livecast Calhoun's retirement press conference. Coincidence?

I'd say the opposite. Conference and networks understand this well. It's idiot message board posters who don't. If any league thought Rutgers or any other available team delivered NYC they would get better treatment than Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I'd say the opposite. Conference and networks understand this well. It's idiot message board posters who don't. If any league thought Rutgers or any other available team delivered NYC they would get better treatment than Notre Dame.

The Big XII has no interest in any of the Big East. If they expand, it will be for one reason and one reason only, and that is because ESPN makes them an offer they can't refuse.

Reaction Score
The Big XII has no interest in any of the Big East. If they expand, it will be for one reason and one reason only, and that is because ESPN makes them an offer they can't refuse.
And we're fine with that!

Reaction Score
Mhver: hearing rumblings Uconn to the ACC in ol;ympic sports and same scheduling deal for FB as ND. FB to be Indy

came out a few minutes ago

Reaction Score
Mhver: hearing rumblings Uconn to the ACC in ol;ympic sports and same scheduling deal for FB as ND. FB to be Indy

I think Mhver just reads message boards and "hears" what he reads on the boneyard from fans thinking of ideas of how to escape this hell. It's funny to me that every time some one has an idea for possible future realignment this guy or the dude run wild with it and "hear" all sorts of rumors after Joe Schmoe threw it out there as a possible life raft after thinking it up during his History 204 lecture.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

I can confirm this. NBC is looking to pick up UConn's football TV deal, plan is to have doubleheaders with ND football on Saturdays. The OB agreement will be ACC champ vs ND or UConn or whoever else is left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom