MHver3 implies UConn on B1G's list | Page 4 | The Boneyard

MHver3 implies UConn on B1G's list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have Comcast and live in downtown Boston. I get both SNY and BTN. I don't have a sports premium package.

But I don't think that matters much, because if it was perceived to be valuable here, Comcast would figure that out and start charging for it. I am fairly confident of that.

Reaction Score
I have Charter cable , in the NW corner of CT, which carries the BTN

It comes with the HD sports channels

Reaction Score
I have Comcast and live in downtown Boston. I get both SNY and BTN. I don't have a sports premium package.

But I don't think that matters much, because if it was perceived to be valuable here, Comcast would figure that out and start charging for it. I am fairly confident of that.

I'm surprised so many posters get btn with their basic cable. Auggie, does all of Boston get BTN with their basic cable?

Reaction Score
I'm surprised so many posters get btn with their basic cable. Auggie, does all of Boston get BTN with their basic cable?

I cannot speak for the entire city, but I live in the South End and get it. A friend and fellow season-ticket holder lives in the North End, and he has it too (and does not have a sports package).

Funny story, last year I tried to buy SNY before I knew that I already had it. Spent over an hour on the phone with a Comcast agent, who had no idea what it was. They did some research and called me back, indicating that they had no record of the channel. They then called back and concluded that Comcast Boston did not offer that channel. I later flipped through the channels based upon some posts on the board here and found it...and I have had it ever since. Prior to later game last season, it went off the air (in retrospect I learned that SNY blacks out any game that is offered on one of the ESPN networks), so I called Comcast again to see if it could be fixed...went through the entire conversation again. They don't even know that they are offering it to their customers. My sense is they are not paying SNY to offer it, thus they don't charge their customers. I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true of the BTN.

Reaction Score
I cannot speak for the entire city, but I live in the South End and get it. A friend and fellow season-ticket holder lives in the North End, and he has it too (and does not have a sports package).

Funny story, last year I tried to buy SNY before I knew that I already had it. Spent over an hour on the phone with a Comcast agent, who had no idea what it was. They did some research and called me back, indicating that they had no record of the channel. They then called back and concluded that Comcast Boston did not offer that channel. I later flipped through the channels based upon some posts on the board here and found it...and I have had it ever since. Prior to later game last season, it went off the air (in retrospect I learned that SNY blacks out any game that is offered on one of the ESPN networks), so I called Comcast again to see if it could be fixed...went through the entire conversation again. They don't even know that they are offering it to their customers. My sense is they are not paying SNY to offer it, thus they don't charge their customers. I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true of the BTN.

It's really interesting that SNY is in Boston given it doesn't really pertain to any sports there. Maybe UConn viewership in Boston is higher than one would think? With the BTN already there too, it makes you wonder how valuable the Boston market would be to the B1G.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's really interesting that SNY is in Boston given it doesn't really pertain to any sports there. Maybe UConn viewership in Boston is higher than one would think? With the BTN already there too, it makes you wonder how valuable the Boston market would be to the B1G.

I Googled UConn fans + Boston last night looking for some sort of statistical demographic guestimation but couldn't find anything, other than this really cool clip:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I Googled UConn fans + Boston last night looking for some sort of statistical demographic guestimation but couldn't find anything, other than this really cool clip:

Fantastic!!! Love that clip. Send it to Delany immediately...;)

Reaction Score
I was there that night. In fact, if it didn't make me dizzy I am sure I can find myself sitting at the bar. The cask for the entirety of the tourney was owned by uconn. I remember there was this really annoying guy sitting across from me with a duke hat, openly rooting against uconn the entire game. Probably the only person in the bar not rooting for the huskies. With about 30 secs on the clock, he slipped quietly out. Good memories.

Reaction Score
No, I was just so stunned at that run. I have had no other sports moment like that month in 2011. Only other thing close was october 2004. Kemba Walker was the ultimate hero.

Reaction Score
I live in Texas and get the BTN. Go figure that one out.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I was there that night. In fact, if it didn't make me dizzy I am sure I can find myself sitting at the bar. The cask for the entirety of the tourney was owned by uconn. I remember there was this really annoying guy sitting across from me with a duke hat, openly rooting against uconn the entire game. Probably the only person in the bar not rooting for the huskies. With about 30 secs on the clock, he slipped quietly out. Good memories.

DUKE SUCKS.

Reaction Score
I live in Texas and get the BTN. Go figure that one out.

Most people get the BTN. It makes sense to spread the channel to as many people as possible to race the profiles of everyone. The good news for you is that you probably pay 10 cents a month for it. People in Ohio pay 10 times that.

Reaction Score

I was at Whiskey’s in Back Bay in Boston with a few friends for the 1999 Championship game against Duke, which was a tense affair. There were quite a few other UConn fans there, plus we got most of the ‘neutral’ fan supporting the Huskies as part of the anti-Duke block (even BC fans were rooting for UConn then as it was before the UConn/BC rift developed). It was a fun night. If I remember correctly, I ran down Boylston Street after the big win screaming my drunk head off with my girlfriend (now wife) rolling her eyes (she still does that).

Reaction Score
you can doubt uconn's reach for football in Boston. But there is no question ( in my mind ) the basketball following in this city.

Sometimes I watch games at the pour house in my uconn gear, just because it is the cuse bar.

I cannot wait for march madness 2014. Not having that to look forward to next year will make the following a volcano of pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom