MHver3 implies UConn on B1G's list | Page 3 | The Boneyard

MHver3 implies UConn on B1G's list

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Up in Worcester we can subscribe to the BTN network. Lot's of Uconn fans in MA and RI as well.
Not just CT. Probably add a 30 mile ring north, east of CT as well.

As a side note, was in a Sturbridge restaurant a couple weeks back... Interesting that is particualr place sold Uconn and Pat's gear. No BC or Umass but Uconn.

I can pick up UConn gear here in Eastern PA from time to time at Dick's or Sports Authority. Definitely no UMass or BC stuff though hehehe... It might be because we've recruited a fair amount from here in football... but more likely because we're a national brand in basketball.

Reaction Score
Up in Worcester we can subscribe to the BTN network. Lot's of Uconn fans in MA and RI as well.
Not just CT. Probably add a 30 mile ring north, east of CT as well.

As a side note, was in a Sturbridge restaurant a couple weeks back... Interesting that is particualr place sold Uconn and Pat's gear. No BC or Umass but Uconn.
So bluntly put, UConn has no competition in New England? Excellent. Someone forward this info to Delany.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
In NNJ on Verizon Fios, I have SNY (UConn) and the BTN. Outside of football games as part of Big E programming, I rarely see Rutgers. Do wish I had CBS Sports so I could have shared a whole host of new words for my 6 year old to learn when UConn Soccer lost in the quarterfinals again, $%!$. UConn does get in the NY news, such as when the hoops team beat Mich St in Germany.
Lived N of Boston a few years back in NH and had Comcast. No BTN and no SNY (over Boston’s dead body would that offered); but, a handful of stations carried ACC sports with no specific focus on BC. The only BC event that gets a lot of press in Boston news is the Beanpot. That’s it. BC football sucks and is overmatched by the Pats, the end of Sox’s season, and the start of the Celtics’ and Bruins’ season. BC basketball often is noted after UConn hoops.

Reaction Score
I'm 20-30 minutes outside of the city and have fios, BTN is included in my package as an HD channel.
The B1G 10 network is available in NY but there is an additional fee of $5.95/month. The only reason I purchased it was to watch the Minny/Cuse game.. I'd imagine the same thing can be said for Uconn...Especially during Bball season. i can see many finds buying the B1G 10 network to watch Uconn or Cuse bball games

Reaction Score
And the stadium in Chestnut Hill holds how many people? With how much ability to expand?
That's a logistical nightmare already. Can't see how they appease the neighbors and handle a Big10 schedule.

The only time I have sympathy for BC is when dealing with the neighbors of Newton. For years, the locals complained about the students taking over the neighborhood, traffic, parties, etc. So, BC buys the old Catholic diocese chancellery across the street and then announces a major initiative to build new residences (and athletic facilities) there to take the pressure of the local rental market. Of course the neighbors than complain about BC expanding, taking away their walking paths and dog walks (it wasn’t public land to begin with), traffic, etc. It will be a bit@h for BC to try to expand it’s facilities to meet BIG competition.
By the way, the Rent is not the best because it’s no where near campus; but, at least they have tailgating. Unless you know someone at BC or have big $$ and get a parking space in the adjacent garage to Alumni stadium, there is no tailgating at BC. They shuttle bus people in from Brighton (5 miles) and Dedham (15 miles). Ho can one have BIG football without tailgating?

Reaction Score
Is there a checkbox list survey there? I can't see one.

Reaction Score
Done...after looking at that list, still can't believe Rutgers is there and we aRen't

Reaction Score
Might want to make a separate thread for that vote and make sure it gets all around Connecticut.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
BC does pull a big market....The BTN financial cable model is based on subscribers, not viewers.
Yes but the cable companies know the viewers so they won't offer BTN an opportunity to be in the Basic Tier.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If the B1G heads northeast, then Cuse is my biggest fear. I assume it would come down to how close we are to AAU membership and the number of cable systems can be bullied in to carrying the BTN.

Ironically, if RU puts the BTN into most of NYC, then maybe that helps us get in.

Reaction Score
If the B1G heads northeast, then Cuse is my biggest fear. I assume it would come down to how close we are to AAU membership and the number of cable systems can be bullied in to carrying the BTN.

Ironically, if RU puts the BTN into most of NYC, then maybe that helps us get in.
More about how much the BTN thinks it'd be able to charge per subscriber if it added NE teams. The incentive isn't simply getting it into people's homes, it's how much money it makes for each subscriber. You pay $4 a month to your cable company for ESPN, that money is transferred to ESPN. They're in 100 million homes, thus they make $400 million a month, or $4.8 billion per year on subscriber fees for ESPN alone, before ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEWS, etc., and before a single ad dollar is sold.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is SNY part of your basic package or do you have to subscribe to it? It probably wasn't before UConn became an exclusive.

It would be about getting the BTN on your basic package. That would mean the BTN would be getting $ no matter what. That's the play and why CT probably has value. It's the only reason to middle of the road football schools like UMD and Rutgers were added to the Big 10. Big alumni base in giant markets with virtually no competition.

I have the Xfinity Triple Play. I will look it up when I get home but yes, I get SNY. I will see if there is a more expensive package that kicks in the BTNetwork.

Reaction Score
Xfinity offers the BTN, you just have to pay extra for it, not sure how much it costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom