MHver3 implies UConn on B1G's list | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MHver3 implies UConn on B1G's list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm going to go out and say BC and SU will fill out the Northeast for the B1G. I doubt AAU status matters any more and the BC talk has really picked up steam because of the hockey content and Boston TVs which has nothing to do with how many people care about BC.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a study of how the fan population breaks down in Boston? Similar to that NY Times article breaking down college fans in NYC (UConn was #4 but ahead of Syracuse). I'd be VERY interested in seeing how Boston stands for its college athletics. I wouldn't be surprised if BC wasn't even #1. People in Boston could not care less about BC.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
And the BTN is already on FioS in Boston, free of charge. Don't know if it is on Comcast.

I'm in Madison, CT, and I see a Big Ten Network station available. I don't get it, tho, as part of the package I bought into. But it seems to b5 available.

Reaction Score
Fans in Boston don't matter. It's about getting the Big10 package on cable and about allowing all those alumni who live in Boston from all the other schools a chance to go to games. BC wouldn't be just about BC. I also imagine that maybe enticing Notre Dame with BC plays a role. SU just makes sense for the B1G. I would hope they would want to fill it out with UConn but I just don't see it happening.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is there a study of how the fan population breaks down in Boston? Similar to that NY Times article breaking down college fans in NYC (UConn was #4 but ahead of Syracuse). I'd be VERY interested in seeing how Boston stands for its college athletics. I wouldn't be surprised if BC wasn't even #1. People in Boston could not care less about BC.

Based on purely anecdotal evidence, I would say: 1. BC, 2: ND, 3: Harvard. 4 Cathlolic Memorial and BC High. If you only include FBS teams, I think UMass would be a hair above UConn at 3-4. Over time they should widen that gap.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Still goes to prove people beyond some of us who were declared "delusional" by emo fans think we have a shot at the B1G.

I technically have a shot at having sex with Kate Upton. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Reaction Score
I technically have a shot at having sex with Kate Upton. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Yea but if Kate Upton names you as one of the 6 guys she is thinking of having sex with your chances are a whole lot higher

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Yea but if Kate Upton names you as one of the 6 guys she is thinking of having sex with your chances are a whole lot higher

Not if the list of 6 guys was made by his mom and everyone else on it is richer better looking and dosent read the boneyard.

Reaction Score
You are a genius. Unlike someone else here.

U

UConn9604

Can we all make a pact to never, ever reference MHver3 again -- ever?

If or when we get an invite from the ACC or the Big Ten, I'm pretty sure that Jim Delany's or John Swofford's first response will not be to call some clown in the woods of West Virginia who previously described himself as "floating in a tin can."

If it is going to happen, it will happen, and he (or she?) will play no role whatsoever.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Can we all make a pact to never, ever reference MHver3 again -- ever?

If or when we get an invite from the ACC or the Big Ten, I'm pretty sure that Jim Delany's or John Swofford's first response will not be to call some clown in the woods of West Virginia who previously described himself as "floating in a tin can."

If it is going to happen, it will happen, and he (or she?) will play no role whatsoever.

I have a theory on MHver3. I think he has established relationships with a few other "insiders" and is simply a conduit for regurgitating their rumors because they either don't want to or can't. He referenced a FSU Rivals Insider, MMM, in a tweet once, and I think he also did it in a post, and it was kind of a teasing reference, like they knew each other. I suspect MMM is his source for ACC information.

It would also explain why MHver3 sometimes posts or tweets contradictory rumors. He is just a conduit for most if it, he doesn't have the sources himself. Just a theory.

Reaction Score
Since we are quoting people who don't have any inside knowledge about realignment but do have a keyboard, The Dude of WV says Cuse and BCU have begn talks with the B1G and the four schools closest to moving are Cuse, BCU, GT and UVA.

Reaction Score
Why not? Boost those RT numbers.

MHver3@MHver3
BiG hasn't decided who to invite yet. Has 6 schools they are pursuing for 2 spots. 4 ACC. 1 BigEast. And another...

Personally, I think the Big 10 would go to 18 if the financials supported it. There is no magic number.
The way this has been going, it's either USF, ECU or Tulane from the Big East...
Just my guess.

Reaction Score
Fans in Boston don't matter. It's about getting the Big10 package on cable and about allowing all those alumni who live in Boston from all the other schools a chance to go to games. BC wouldn't be just about BC. I also imagine that maybe enticing Notre Dame with BC plays a role. SU just makes sense for the B1G. I would hope they would want to fill it out with UConn but I just don't see it happening.
And the stadium in Chestnut Hill holds how many people? With how much ability to expand?
That's a logistical nightmare already. Can't see how they appease the neighbors and handle a Big10 schedule.

Reaction Score

No, you don't. Kidnapping her, drugging her and tieing her down doesn't count.

Reaction Score
UVA, UNC, Syracuse, BCU, UConn and Notre Dame.

I don't think GTech is anything more than a candidate for the Big 10. Not clear that Georgia cable providers would pick up Big 10 network even with GTech.

Notre Dame will not join a league unless there is more dramatic upheaval.

BCU has no shot but they are in Boston so they are on the list.

0-4 of the other 4 will get an invite.

GTech, Cuse, and BCU are nothing more than due diligence inspections. At first glance, nothing recommends either, but better make doubly sure there's nothing important being overlooked. Of course if this were Swofford deal all bets would be off. Thank God Herbst and Manuel vacationed in the Carribean while Jurich, unfortunately for Louisville, made a brilliant presentation in Charlotte.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I'm in Madison, CT, and I see a Big Ten Network station available. I don't get it, tho, as part of the package I bought into. But it seems to b5 available.

Is SNY part of your basic package or do you have to subscribe to it? It probably wasn't before UConn became an exclusive.

It would be about getting the BTN on your basic package. That would mean the BTN would be getting $ no matter what. That's the play and why CT probably has value. It's the only reason to middle of the road football schools like UMD and Rutgers were added to the Big 10. Big alumni base in giant markets with virtually no competition.

Reaction Score
And the BTN is already on FioS in Boston, free of charge. Don't know if it is on Comcast.
I'm about 30 minutes outside of Boston, and the BTN is included in my Comcast package. SNY is too, FWIW.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score

I don't recall zls indicating he was a guy!!!

Reaction Score
I'm about 30 minutes outside of Boston, and the BTN is included in my Comcast package. SNY is too, FWIW.
Is it on your regular digital cable package or do you have to pay extra? We get it too in the city, but have to pay for it as part of a special sports package that also includes a boat load of other regional sports networks from around the country. If they're able to get it on the basic cable or basic digital packages in certain places, BTN is able to get higher subscriber fees for it than if it's part of a separate more obscure package.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Is SNY part of your basic package or do you have to subscribe to it? It probably wasn't before UConn became an exclusive.

It would be about getting the BTN on your basic package. That would mean the BTN would be getting $ no matter what. That's the play and why CT probably has value. It's the only reason to middle of the road football schools like UMD and Rutgers were added to the Big 10. Big alumni base in giant markets with virtually no competition.

When UConn inked the SNY deal, there was a scramble to get it on all cable systems in CT,especially in eastern and northern CT. That took a month or two as I recall.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I have a theory on MHver3. I think he has established relationships with a few other "insiders" and is simply a conduit for regurgitating their rumors because they either don't want to or can't. He referenced a FSU Rivals Insider, MMM, in a tweet once, and I think he also did it in a post, and it was kind of a teasing reference, like they knew each other. I suspect MMM is his source for ACC information.

It would also explain why MHver3 sometimes posts or tweets contradictory rumors. He is just a conduit for most if it, he doesn't have the sources himself. Just a theory.

I'm hoping that @melogroovy is conduit for Susan Herbst:

@melogroovy: Depending on suit: Syracuse and UConn or BC will get next round of B1G invites.

https://twitter.com/melogroovy/status/275423485872988160

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Is it on your regular digital cable package or do you have to pay extra? We get it too in the city, but have to pay for it as part of a special sports package that also includes a boat load of other regional sports networks from around the country. If they're able to get it on the basic cable or basic digital packages in certain places, BTN is able to get higher subscriber fees for it than if it's part of a separate more obscure package.
I'm 20-30 minutes outside of the city and have fios, BTN is included in my package as an HD channel.

Reaction Score

Up in Worcester we can subscribe to the BTN network. Lot's of Uconn fans in MA and RI as well.
Not just CT. Probably add a 30 mile ring north, east of CT as well.

As a side note, was in a Sturbridge restaurant a couple weeks back... Interesting that is particualr place sold Uconn and Pat's gear. No BC or Umass but Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom