MHver3 implies UConn on B1G's list

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why not? Boost those RT numbers.

MHver3@MHver3
BiG hasn't decided who to invite yet. Has 6 schools they are pursuing for 2 spots. 4 ACC. 1 BigEast. And another...

Personally, I think the Big 10 would go to 18 if the financials supported it. There is no magic number.

Reaction Score
Why not? Boost those RT numbers.

MHver3@MHver3
BiG hasn't decided who to invite yet. Has 6 schools they are pursuing for 2 spots. 4 ACC. 1 BigEast. And another...

Personally, I think the Big 10 would go to 18 if the financials supported it. There is no magic number.

Gee, let's see. You got UVA, GT, UNC and maybe NC St with Kansas and UConn.

If only I were a twitterer.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Gee, let's see. You got UVA, GT, UNC and maybe NC St with Kansas and UConn.

If only I were a twitterer.
unc
uva
gtech
cuse
uconn
kansas

my guess, but its mvher3...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UVA, UNC, Syracuse, BCU, UConn and Notre Dame.

I don't think GTech is anything more than a candidate for the Big 10. Not clear that Georgia cable providers would pick up Big 10 network even with GTech.

Notre Dame will not join a league unless there is more dramatic upheaval.

BCU has no shot but they are in Boston so they are on the list.

0-4 of the other 4 will get an invite.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its fun to play ball with him

Reaction Score
Still goes to prove people beyond some of us who were declared "delusional" by emo fans think we have a shot at the B1G.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Stranger things have happened as this all has unfolded.

Reaction Score
If Kansas, UVA and GT are getting consideration from the B1G for invites, this proves conference realignment from the top conferences has nothing to do with the present state of football programs, but instead, has to do with audiences. The top conferences are not worried about weakening their SOS. They think their invites will strengthen programs, which is true.

How people forget UMD football is beyond me. They draw crowds very similar to us right now.

Reaction Score
im guessing he's implying texas for the "another" KU makes no sense. if they're going to make a play on the b12 GOR, they're going to go for the home run. they know if they get texas, the b12 is done, ou immediately will go pac 12 with TT, Baylor, and OSU. b1g's wanted texas and nd for a long time, they must realize ND is not in play anymore without massive stipulations, so they move to texas.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
texas would never go to a all northern conf. no matter the money or academics. its all a flirt for the sec or pac to take the lhn and several friends of texas.

Reaction Score
I think UT will maintain their own conference. Most valuable college football team in the land. Ahead of ND. If ND isn't bowing to anyone, why would the Longhorns? The population of Texas is exploding and commodities (minerals, agriculture) will be the future of our economy. Kansas and Oklahoma fit in with that vision. They don't need the Pac-12 or the B1G. They can succeed on their own. The way the ACC is going, I can easily see the Big 12 outlasting the ACC.

Reaction Score
im guessing he's implying texas for the "another" KU makes no sense. if they're going to make a play on the b12 GOR, they're going to go for the home run. they know if they get texas, the b12 is done, ou immediately will go pac 12 with TT, Baylor, and OSU. b1g's wanted texas and nd for a long time, they must realize ND is not in play anymore without massive stipulations, so they move to texas.

Texas is politically bound to Baylor & Texas Tech. Baylor has solid academics but the Big 10 folks will undertake seppuku before allowing an academic joke like Texas Tech anywhere near their conference.

Reaction Score
Texas is politically bound to Baylor & Texas Tech. Baylor has solid academics but the Big 10 folks will undertake seppuku before allowing an academic joke like Texas Tech anywhere near their conference.
Are they politically bound to TCU now too?

pj

Reaction Score
UVa, UNC, Ga Tech, Duke, UConn, ND. Syracuse and BC are not AAU, not state schools, and don't pull big markets. Pitt duplicates existing markets.

Kansas would have been a target before the B12 deals w GoR. It's hard to believe it's still in play now. If the B1G wanted to go that way they should have taken Missouri when they had the chance.

Reaction Score
BC does pull a big market....The BTN financial cable model is based on subscribers, not viewers.

Reaction Score
UVa, UNC, Ga Tech, Duke, UConn, ND. Syracuse and BC are not AAU, not state schools, and don't pull big markets. Pitt duplicates existing markets.
That looks about right! B1G, here we come!

Reaction Score
BC does pull a big market....The BTN financial cable model is based on subscribers, not viewers.
Fans would be the ones who subscribe. Connecticut (and who knows where else) would have a ridiculous amount of people subscribe just for UConn basketball. I read somewhere that Delaney wants to add brand name schools. Well, we are one.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

And the BTN is already on FioS in Boston, free of charge. Don't know if it is on Comcast.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out and say BC and SU will fill out the Northeast for the B1G. I doubt AAU status matters any more and the BC talk has really picked up steam because of the hockey content and Boston TVs which has nothing to do with how many people care about BC.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak