MHOC 2017/2018 Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

MHOC 2017/2018 Season

Reaction Score
If DB fires him after that then this program is gonna be worse than UMass...guy has zero facility to recruit to on campus. Until something gets done there (practice, 4500-5000 seat game facility..) he is fighting a uphill battle in reverse recruiting wise. Hockey isn't any different than any other sport these days for kids...show them the bling and they will come.

No question that better facilities attract better recruits. You call it "bling", to me it is the creature comforts that the players will enjoy, such as not stretching in the lobby, that attract a better class of recruit. One other thing that investing in better facilities shows to prospective recruits that a school cares about its athletic programs. On the opposite scale, letting outmoded facilities fester and rot paint an ugly picture for prospective recruits.

Reaction Score
No question that better facilities attract better recruits. You call it "bling", to me it is the creature comforts that the players will enjoy, such as not stretching in the lobby, that attract a better class of recruit. One other thing that investing in better facilities shows to prospective recruits that a school cares about its athletic programs. On the opposite scale, letting outmoded facilities fester and rot paint an ugly picture for prospective recruits.
Agree 100%!

Reaction Score
How much does a new facility cost?? Since I'm counting on winning Powerball tonight, I'll donate the $$ to make it happen.

Reaction Score
The ballpark is $100 million.
I was thinking more around $50-$65 million...Pegula donated $99 million to SU that endowed the scholarships for both teams and paid for the facility...ND's facility was around $45 mill

Reaction Score
How much does a new facility cost?? Since I'm counting on winning Powerball tonight, I'll donate the $$ to make it happen.

Let's hope the lady that won is a huge UConn/Whaler fan.

She is from Chicopee, Mass

AD David Benedict and Malloy need to find out what her favorite sports teams are

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was thinking more around $50-$65 million...Pegula donated $99 million to SU that endowed the scholarships for both teams and paid for the facility...ND's facility was around $45 mill
Pegula was around $85-90 in early 2010 numbers, Agganis was around $100 in 2005 numbers so that's what I drew from. Didn't know ND built Compton so cheap, though I guess it makes sense as it doesn't have quite as extensive of a structure as HAA. Perhaps the $50-75 million would be more doable, but it would also depend on how big they went, what type of amenities went inside, how much site excavation would be required, etc.

Reaction Score
Great,

3:35 for the nov 18th UML home game.

Why couldn't they have it @ noon?
Both teams have to travel after Friday's game to Hartford anyway

No chance on making both the hockey and the football game @ fenway.
No hockey team will agree to a noon game after a night game the night before. It's absolutely unprecedented in college and even rare in the NHL. Not to mention noon games suck. UConn hockey playing second fiddle to the Wolf Pack still is a very, very bad look.

Reaction Score
Pegula was around $85-90 in early 2010 numbers, Agganis was around $100 in 2005 numbers so that's what I drew from. Didn't know ND built Compton so cheap, though I guess it makes sense as it doesn't have quite as extensive of a structure as HAA. Perhaps the $50-75 million would be more doable, but it would also depend on how big they went, what type of amenities went inside, how much site excavation would be required, etc.

The University of Nebraska Omaha built a 7,800 seat ice arena for approximately 82 million.

https://www.aisc.org/globalassets/modern-steel/archives/2017/07/icetime.pdf

Reaction Score
I think the fact that they play at XL is an attraction for players to come. I think Cavs has alot more time to make this work. Started from Scratch in many ways. Cavs will be good especially because he has UCONN brand.
Agreed. Cav has to get at least five years with 18 rides on the bench before this would even be considered.

Reaction Score
(Sorry if this was posted already)

New seating area for UConn/Wolf Pack games: Ice Level Lounge | Hartford Wolf Pack
Bastards. I got booted from my season seats to make room for that shat. I now have the first two rows above it, so we will see how long it lasts. To boot, we got reprimanded frequently for banging on the glass. Now the wolfpack advertises to come bang on the glass. Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom