MHOC 2017/2018 Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MHOC 2017/2018 Season

Reaction Score
I get the facilities angle but at the end of the day, Cav hasn't even gotten UConn hockey to the point where we can beat teams like AIC, SHU, etc regularly and he clearly has a more talented team to work with.

Other coaches are doing more with less.
It's gonna be a LONG season @huskymedic

Reaction Score
I get the facilities angle but at the end of the day, Cav hasn't even gotten UConn hockey to the point where we can beat teams like AIC, SHU, etc regularly and he clearly has a more talented team to work with.

Other coaches are doing more with less.
@TheDoggPound if you get your wish and DB can's Cav..don't expect any decent coach's to beat down the door to replace him. The facilities angle you say you get is going to come back to bite UConn in the a** BIG TIME if this were to happen! It is what it is right now unfortunately. I'm interested to see how long into the first game you start in on Masonius.

Reaction Score
If other 'decent' coaches won't come here because of the facilities situation then I guess it's just a matter of time then until Cav resigns?

Reaction Score
Facts are stated above....like it or not

Uh, not quite. That's called an opinion. If we really want to delve into some facts, I'll research our record vs inferior talent and post it here for you

Reaction Score
@TheDoggPound I'm interested to see how long into the first game you start in on Masonius.

Probably be the first game tbh since he can't go a game w/o taking a penalty or the fact that he can't play defense but is a defenseman

Reaction Score
Uh, not quite. That's called an opinion. If we really want to delve into some facts, I'll research our record vs inferior talent and post it here for you
Thanks keyboard warrior...but that's not necessary. I'm not arguing that point...I'm telling you that if you get your wish don't expect someone like Dave Quinn to walk through the door. You will get another version of what you don't like.

Reaction Score
Probably be the first game tbh since he can't go a game w/o taking a penalty or the fact that he can't play defense but is a defenseman
I was thinking more like the first few minutes....
If other 'decent' coaches won't come here because of the facilities situation then I guess it's just a matter of time then until Cav resigns?
Won't you be doing cartwheels if that happens. Although they may not be as good as the ones you will do when Masonius plays his last game in a UConn uniform

This is great..football season hasn't even started yet never mind hockey season and you are in full blown moron mode.

Reaction Score
You get so triggered everytime I post something. It's not that serious, guy lol. I like Cav and want him to stay here forever, but we still need to acknowledge some concerning trends over his short HC career which have absolutely nothing to do with talent. If that's taboo for you that I brought up a valid point then look away from the screen or move around.

Reaction Score
And I would be content if they just moved Masonius off D like they were tinkering with last yr

Reaction Score
You get so triggered everytime I post something. It's not that serious, guy lol. I like Cav and want him to stay here forever, but we still need to acknowledge some concerning trends over his short HC career which have absolutely nothing to do with talent. If that's taboo for you that I brought up a valid point then look away from the screen or move around.
I'm agreeing with your point about the inconsistency against non-league teams like SHU and AIC...and also bringing up the additional point that if UConn and Benedict don't do something about what the team has on campus facility wise that this program will be worse than UMass. Trust me..I have LONG ride's home back to Port Chester after losses I don't get. I just don't think that it's fair to judge a guy on what he can and can't do recruiting wise when he has to show kids a facility on campus where they do pre-practice stretching in the lobby while kids leave open skating.

Reaction Score
I commend you for commuting so far for games and I would bet no one inside the XL travels a longer distance to come watch them. What you say is true and you can probably chalk up a lot of the inconsistencies to sheer randomness or sometimes teams playing well vs specific teams, like we do with UMass-Lowell. All I was saying is even being the homers we are we can admit that there are things to clean up which and I bet Cav would agree.

Reaction Score
I think the fact that they play at XL is an attraction for players to come. I think Cavs has alot more time to make this work. Started from Scratch in many ways. Cavs will be good especially because he has UCONN brand.

jho

Reaction Score
IMG_2274.jpg

Game times released. Waiting for the announcement of the football game time on 10/21 before announcing the time for the first BU home game.

Reaction Score
Great,

3:35 for the nov 18th UML home game.

Why couldn't they have it @ noon?
Both teams have to travel after Friday's game to Hartford anyway

No chance on making both the hockey and the football game @ fenway.

Reaction Score
BTW: I hate 3:35 Saturday start times.

Crowd is dead most of the time.
RIT travels really well, so that game will probably be the most packed game for a 3:35 start.

My wish for an on campus rink and Wolfpack leaving can't happen soon enough

Reaction Score
Are all the Saturday games doubleheaders w/the Wolf Pack? Haven't checked but if that's the case, I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

I don't mind a few matinées but it would have been nice to have 7pm starts mixed in like the last 3 seasons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the fact that they play at XL is an attraction for players to come.

Eh, even I would have to agree with most it's not. If it were renovated properly I think it would be though.

Reaction Score
Are all the Saturday games doubleheaders w/the Wolf Pack? Haven't checked but if that's the case, I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

I don't mind a few matinées but it would have been nice to have 7pm starts mixed in like the last 3 seasons.

Yup. All but the Nov. 18th game

Nov 4th - baby bruins
Nov 11th - sound tigers
Nov 25th - Hershey Bears
Jan 27th - checkers

Sucks the quinnipiac game is on a Tuesday too.

Would definitely be a sellout if on a fri/sat

Opening day on the oct 21st could be a sat 7:05 start. WP are away Wilkes-Barre. That could be are only sat night start time.

Reaction Score
Yup. All but the Nov. 18th game

Nov 4th - baby bruins
Nov 11th - sound tigers
Nov 25th - Hershey Bears
Jan 27th - checkers

Sucks the quinnipiac game is on a Tuesday too.

Would definitely be a sellout if on a fri/sat

Opening day on the oct 21st could be a sat 7:05 start. WP are away Wilkes-Barre. That could be are only sat night start time.

Thanks, CT.

Reaction Score
Just stating facts
And conveniently leaving out Cav has a very respectable 7-7-4 record against the top three programs in the conference.

I think the fact that they play at XL is an attraction for players to come.
100% false. XL is a major recruiting negative for Cav and UConn. Players want to practice where they play. XL is not an attractive looking facility, the amenities for players aren't there, the place is cavernous and even when the lower bowl is full doesn't have nearly the same atmosphere as other facilities in the league. Even with the new ice surface installed it ranks solidly in the bottom half of facilities in the league - and this is before taking into account that it's over half an hour from campus, which is a major recruiting drawback in and of itself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom