Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I just hope he’s okay with effectively red shirting. A lot of physical potential here, but I think his role next year is a warm body to use during foul trouble.

Dan did well to convince Pasta and Johnson to stick around when they didn’t get much burn, but I wonder how many guys have that mental fortitude.

Reaction Score
I just hope he’s okay with effectively red shirting. A lot of physical potential here, but I think his role next year is a warm body to use during foul trouble.

Dan did well to convince Pasta and Johnson to stick around when they didn’t get much burn, but I wonder how many guys have that mental fortitude.

Since Hurley didn't use Sanogo/Clingan double big last year, he owes us Singare/Clingan double big next year!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

If Brimah could be a big contributor as a freshman I don’t see why he can’t. He’s probably more skilled.

That’s only if Hurley doesn’t plan on making SJ the only backup 5. If that’s the case it’d be more of a minutes issue than ability issue.

Reaction Score
If Brimah could be a big contributor as a freshman I don’t see why he can’t. He’s probably more skilled.

That’s only if Hurley doesn’t plan on making SJ the only backup 5. If that’s the case it’d be more of a minutes issue than ability issue.
I see Samson as the back up four. I think Singare will play 5-7 minutes a game next year. Samson will cover the other 3-5 minutes at the 5 to get to 10minutes a game. Clingan and Karaban will play 30 minutes a puece

Reaction Score
I see Samson as the back up four. I think Singare will play 5-7 minutes a game next year. Samson will cover the other 3-5 minutes at the 5 to get to 10minutes a game. Clingan and Karaban will play 30 minutes a puece
I think Clingan will be much closer to 25. We learned from AS wearing down two years ago that our primary big needs to be fresh in March if we are going to contend.

Reaction Score
Sounds like he's got something to prove. His biggest competition isn't going to be players on other teams who were ranked higher. It's going to Clingan.

Reaction Score

Pasta??

Reaction Score
Good to have one hard worker in every class, but we do need the top 30 types to stay near the top of the BE

Reaction Score
I like the attitude, and if he can back it up by doing the the things Hurley thinks are important he will get playing time. I think it is a lot for a freshman big to defend, learn a D1 defense scheme and get rebounds, but Clingan just did it, so it’s possible. Everyone thinks he probably needs a year to get up to speed, but maybe he proves us all wrong. it could happen.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What’s the point in splitting the backup 5 minutes? Shouldn’t we just play whoever’s better? I also doubt Hurley kept Samson from using his free transfer without promising him some kind of real rotation role(more than 10 minutes per me thinks).

Reaction Score
Big question mark for minutes is DCs ability to keep his hands to himself and stay out of foul trouble. Along with hands straight up no reason to bring them down on D just altar the shot and go get the rebound. Minutes will be there on occasion for Singare and maybe Johnson.

Reaction Score
We'll see but Hurley has already said he'd like to keep Clingan in the 26-28 minute range.

“Donovan’s not going to be able to be a 32 to 34 minutes a game player, nor do we want him to be,” Hurley said. “We want Donovan to be able to be in that 26-to-28-minute range I think in a perfect world and there’s gonna be more frontcourt minutes there.”

Reaction Score
I love the confidence. We've had many players come unranked or ranked low and next thing you know, their in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom