Memphis Postgame Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Memphis Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
I feel like this game was a magnification of the problems seen in the underwhelming early-season wins against teams like Cal and Vanderbilt. Just a complete lack of movement and continuity on offense. The progress made since then seemed to completely vanish in tonight's game. Baffling, as you say
Totally agree. It is as if they step into a vat of some substance that slows them to a crawl. They move slowly, if at all, and the other team simply outplays them at every turn.
But make no mistake. This is a not-bad-at-all Memphis team. If that big center with the impossible name gets better and one of their shooters gets consistent, they will be really fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Look for ONO to have a wonderful game against UCF in the next one, because UCF has a couple of 6'3" players, neither of whom should cause major problems. She'll do well, blocking shots like a banshee, dropping that jump shot in, doing all those wonderful things, and there will be people who proclaim her cured. I wish that were the case.She needs bulk, strength and taking to hear a couple of lessons in fundamentals. I really like what she's done so far, but she is not ready to mix it up with big bigs like Lauren Cox. I sure hope that'll come by next year.

Reaction Score
Look for ONO to have a wonderful game against UCF in the next one, because UCF has a couple of 6'3" players, neither of whom should cause major problems. She'll do well, blocking shots like a banshee, dropping that jump shot in, doing all those wonderful things, and there will be people who proclaim her cured. I wish that were the case.She needs bulk, strength and taking to hear a couple of lessons in fundamentals. I really like what she's done so far, but she is not ready to mix it up with big bigs like Lauren Cox. I sure hope that'll come by next year.
Doubt ONO will ever gain bulk but totally agree that she will continue to need more coaching on fundamentals. My personal desire is for her to maximize her current skills - blocking shots (without slapping at ball), rebounding (getting position and keeping it), and making shots around the basket (keeping the ball high on layups). If she does these things, we have a potential All American.

Reaction Score
Everything is relative. I guarantee you that on most other teams there is not a deep division in talent between the starters and the reserves so it makes it easier for a coach to utilize the younger players. That is not usually the case at Uconn and this year it becomes more problematic.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember UCF’s bigs as actually big and tough. I HOPE ONO has a good game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My most recent concern is that the offensive stategy seems to be heavily tilted to getting liv going in the low block very early in the game so the offense slows down waiting to deliver a pass into the post which was not set up well by movement, crossers around the box etc. And then often a rushed contested move. Was she discouraged in going for her fadeaway jumper which I think is a beautiful shot and one she has alot of confidence in. :confused:

And then the next option often seems to be a long long range 3 from crystal.

Hoping for more movement and more creative ways to get liv involved

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom