'member when people said Josh Carlton wouldn't play this year? | The Boneyard

'member when people said Josh Carlton wouldn't play this year?

Reaction Score
Karl malone member his sister used to play with them malibu barbays

Reaction Score
How about the people that said “go back to URI” to Martin? Lol

Mau, if this is the Martin we get consistently going forward - we become a serious threat. In the Big East, and then well into the tournament.

With his size and athleticism, he is the one I want to see become the definitive Wing Man to Bouk's leading man role. Watching them play off of each other just now was a thing of beauty to see...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There is only ONE POSTER on this board that gets to have an "I told you so" thread on Carlton, and it isn't anyone else in this thread.

Don’t be greedy. I agreed with you in that thread. Josh showed Sophomore year he is a very advanced scorer in the paint. We have just misused him and screwed him up. Best interior defender we have too. Dan needs to stop asking him to hedge.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Don’t be greedy. I agreed with you in that thread. Josh showed Sophomore year he is a very advanced scorer in the paint. We have just misused him and screwed him up. Best interior defender we have too. Dan needs to stop asking him to hedge.

Josh is what he is. He is not a great athlete but he does the stuff we need a big man to do.

Agree on the hedges.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Josh is what he is. He is not a great athlete but he does the stuff we need a big man to do.

Agree on the hedges.

He isn‘t a great athlete. But the skills of back to the basket scoring are a lost art. He has them. Very few opponents have any real idea of how to stop those old Kevin McHale era moves. I don’t know who taught Josh that stuff, but somebody did.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He isn‘t a great athlete. But the skills of back to the basket scoring are a lost art. He has them. Very few opponents have any real idea of how to stop those old Kevin McHale era moves. I don’t know who taught Josh that stuff, but somebody did.

Agree. I just like seeing more big lineups with this team. I loved when Carlton and Whaley were on the court together. They owned the paint on defense.

Reaction Score
A mostly good game from him. Vacuumed the boards. Decent on defense. Couple nice post ups. But a bunch of mental/awareness/skill mistakes as per usual (Didn't look for the Cole pass, threw an unforced outlet pass error, missed a bunny by 2 feet).

Reaction Score
Agree. I just like seeing more big lineups with this team. I loved when Carlton and Whaley were on the court together. They owned the paint on defense.
Whaley and Carlton played 2 minutes together and we were outscored 3-2. Carlton looked great though

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A mostly good game from him. Vacuumed the boards. Decent on defense. Couple nice post ups. But a bunch of mental/awareness/skill mistakes as per usual (Didn't look for the Cole pass, threw an unforced outlet pass error, missed a bunny by 2 feet).

It is hard to be the interior defender if there is not another forward on the court. The help/box responsibility is very tough for 1 guy to do by himself. Whaley + Carlton were excellent defensively

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom