'member when people said Josh Carlton wouldn't play this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

'member when people said Josh Carlton wouldn't play this year?

Reaction Score
How about the people that said “go back to URI” to Martin? Lol
I have been big on him since he transferred and was pumped when he got his wavier. Was telling my father in law (also UConn alum) before game that he is our X-factor. Kid does all the right things and lets the points come to him naturally. Doesn't force much. Great win!

Reaction Score
i didnt get to watch. why did sanogo only end up with 7 mins after starting? he only had 1 TO and 0 fouls so musta been something else.

Reaction Score
When I was younger I had a friend who grew up a crazy Celtics fan. Loved the big three.

He once told me that Parish's job was to work old Kareem. Make sure he couldn't come out of the game. And if he did, absolutely abuse the backup.

It's not exactly the same, but i kinda like Josh in this role. Abusing teams with suspect bigs. Or abusing the back ups. Josh gives us the ability to easily beat teams we should easily beat. Easily beat teams with lesser bigs.

Say what you want about Josh. He's not incredible, but he's spent most of his UCONN career as a guy who touched the ball a lot. Or we certainly tried to get him the ball a lot. He's had enough experience and success to confidently take it to any team with big guy deficiencies.

Josh definitely helps us beat the teams we should beat.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
You guys, Carlton is not good
I tend to agree. Good kid. He does have some shining moments. Not consistent. I do enjoy when he is on, however there are times as a senior he should be dominating. As above. Let's see with better teams.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
i didnt get to watch. why did sanogo only end up with 7 mins after starting? he only had 1 TO and 0 fouls so musta been something else.

Because Josh got 11 points and 10 rebounds. Polley was in foul trouble all night but with Polley and Martin playing so well there were only so many minutes available.

Sanogo is almost becoming this year's Tyler Olander where he starts but plays very few minutes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Situationally serviceable+. Against the right opponents he is more than serviceable. 95% of teams in country would take having their starting center get a double double.
It was DePaul. No matter the player, this board never looks at the player as whole season/career. They get juiced up after one game.

Reaction Score
I agree, Josh played angry and I loved it.
+1.

I don't care it was DePaul or DePauw, Josh's energy was electric and this season is the first time he has looked strong and lean.

Long-term, I'm high on Sanogo, but this team's success in March has more to do with seniors like Carlton and Whaley.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He’s much more decisive than last year. If he gets behind his guy on the baseline it’s a bucket. He does get too deep sometimes and scares me to hell that he’s gonna step out of bounds. Maybe the weight loss helps him stay in bounds.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I would say the best words to describe Carlton is situationally serviceable.

This. Against some teams he’ll be a better matchup than others.

He has a role.

But it’s not as a starter on a second weekend team unless you have a kemba or bazz dragging them there

Reaction Score
A mostly good game from him. Vacuumed the boards. Decent on defense. Couple nice post ups. But a bunch of mental/awareness/skill mistakes as per usual (Didn't look for the Cole pass, threw an unforced outlet pass error, missed a bunny by 2 feet).
The outlet pass was because the guard quit running up the court. The Cole pass was at his knees. But I'll give you the bunny.

Reaction Score
If we can get 20-25 pts/15 RBs per game out of the combination of IW-JC-AS at the 5..IMO..Minutes not as important as the production.. We'll be in great shape for the end of the season.... Help on the way at the 4 with AA.. Keep lacin' them up!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom