2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure why he would want to go Overtime Elite. Do they play competitive games? Or do they just scrimmage against themselves?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol this kid is 100% committing to UConn
Season 8 Episode 22 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Reaction Score
What’s the reason kids go to OTE?
"I did everything I needed to do where I'm from," Thomas said. "We won back-to-back state championships. Now it's time to be seen by NBA personnel, GMs, scouts, the people that you need to be in front of. At OTE they get your name out. Everything they do goes around the world. I want to be broadcasted more."

Reaction Score

I love this clip...getting into it with Carmelo's kid a bit, and then calling him out to D up while shooting free throw. I like that little edge. He reminds me a little bit of Halliburton for some reason- rangy, quick release, finishes with both hands

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For my second game of the morning session, I settled in to watch the "Pacers" and the "Warriors" and I was rewarded with a great camp game after enduring the early morning debacle. In a game that came down to the very final possession, as five-star Meleek Thomas scored 25 for the Pacers as they edged Chris Cenac (24 points) and the Warriors 118-117.

On the day that he announced his transfer to Overtime Elite, Thomas was as good as we have seen him over the past few months. The Pittsburgh native is a pure scorer who has never been afraid to let shots fly. On Tuesday he found the perfect marriage between his aggressive shot hunting and when to dial things back a bit and defer to others. When he was aggressive, though, it was super impressive. He hit deep jumpers and floaters but it's his ability to create space off the dribble that is really a separator for him. He had a spectacular drive and dunk followed by a crazy, full-speed, lefty runner he kissed off the glass to beat the third quarter buzzer.

There were plenty of coaches on hand for this one including UConn's Danny Hurley (on Thomas watch), his brother Bobby Hurley of Arizona State, Mike Young of Virginia Tech, Ben Johnson of Virginia, Kyle Smith of Stanford, Danny Sprinkle of Washington, Sean Miller of Xavier, Rick Barnes of Tennessee and Nate Oats of Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom