2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

Reaction Score
"I don't want to rush into it" is a concern if he and his family are susceptible to BS and $$$$ but I'm hoping he's as he's appeared so far.........level headed and focusing on what's important like the quality of the staff and how much value they will bring him.
a kid and his family not wanting to rush into a life changing decision should be of no concern to you

awy

Reaction Score
nothing wrong with doing your research. the more research he does the more he should realize that uconn is the best choice.

Reaction Score
Gotcha - I did see that, but that isn't cancelled. Not throwing shade at you, just saying.
I was the one who first posted it and said “it may be off”. That’s the same thing as being up in the air. No one said it’s definitely cancelled.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I was the one who first posted it and said “it may be off”. That’s the same thing as being up in the air. No one said it’s definitely cancelled.

I hear ya - I wasn't really throwing shade at anyone, it just sounded like the tone of the conversation here was that it wasn't happening anymore. Just verifying what was meant or if a specific piece of news was missed.

Reaction Score
Flipside would be that "not wanting to rush into it" just means that he "doesn't want to rush into it." It's a pretty important decision.

Some posters ability to assume the absolute worst without a shred of evidence is astounding.

Interestingly enough, I didn't hear any worries about being in it for $ or character issues when it came to McNeeley or Mahaney. Must just be coincidence though.

Reaction Score
Some posters ability to assume the absolute worst without a shred of evidence is astounding.

Interestingly enough, I didn't hear any worries about being in it for $ or character issues when it came to McNeeley or Mahaney. Must just be coincidence though.
Reed? Nowell?

People were certainly concerned about having enough money to meet Flagg's demands.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

In fairness, I heard comments about NIL for every player we’ve recruited.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
People also pointed out Spencer and Hurley hurt the team by getting technicals. Even if they used some weak preface like 'you take the good with the bad.'

Everyone assumed we'd need a huge bag to bring Karaban back. They were right.

Reaction Score
I doubt he would commit now if he still has other visits lined up. wouldn't make sense
he did say good things about arkansas too but I am liking what I'm seeing so far
Other visits are smart for getting a feel for where you think you'll fit best AND to get better offers.
We've seen some excellent players come to UConn the past several years, apparently without our being the high bidder. That appears to be our MO and it's a good one.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
For the first time ever, I don't really care who we have to compete with for talent. We're going to compete for an NC every year. We're going to have the most talented lineups that we've ever had. And we're going to attract top assistant coached who can teach and recruit. We've got Dan Hurley and they don't!
Dan has always been a very personable guy, and winning recently has given him a ton of media exposure to let his personality shine on a national stage. His sound bites and social media clips has really connected to the younger generation and has quickly become a guy lots of recruits want to play for.

It’s awesome. I don’t think that even in the peak of Calhoun era we were a draw to top recruits like this…

Reaction Score
Dan has always been a very personable guy, and winning recently has given him a ton of media exposure to let his personality shine on a national stage. His sound bites and social media clips has really connected to the younger generation and has quickly become a guy lots of recruits want to play for.

It’s awesome. I don’t think that even in the peak of Calhoun era we were a draw to top recruits like this…
I actually think JC's greatest recruiting occurred prior to his championship success.

Reaction Score
Dan is getting guys to the NBA and he is doing it multiple ways - He has developed 2 and 3 year players into NBA players and in some cases 1st rounders/lottery picks (Bouknight, Sanogo, Jackson, Hawkins, and Clingan). He has taken transfers and made them NBA level players (Martin, Spencer, Newton). Now he has shown he can maximize the skills of a one-and-done player to a likely top 5 draft pick with Castle. Yes, championships get noticed, but so does the long list of recent NBA players.

Reaction Score

It gets brought up with every recruit. If he did not select Huskies he got a bag or is a bad guy. Can’t take them all and they don’t all fit. Tough to get team players in the selfish society we live in. His will never have more players to choose from and certainly will select the right guys.

pj

Reaction Score
It gets brought up with every recruit. If he did not select Huskies he got a bag or is a bad guy. Can’t take them all and they don’t all fit. Tough to get team players in the selfish society we live in. His will never have more players to choose from and certainly will select the right guys.

Yeah, it has more to do with what schools they are interested in than with other player characteristics. When a player is interested in Arkansas/Calipari, who you know probably will offer the biggest bag out there, a lot of people will assume the player is at least curious how much they will offer him. If it were purely about coaching and basketball, they'd list schools like Creighton.

Reaction Score
Other visits are smart for getting a feel for where you think you'll fit best AND to get better offers.
We've seen some excellent players come to UConn the past several years, apparently without our being the high bidder. That appears to be our MO and it's a good one.
yep. like I said in the post you quoted, it seems like he is very interested and uconn is interested in him. we don't lose many guys that we go for...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyway....

You have to wonder if the potential of Hurley to the Lakers impacts Thomas' recruitment. I hope Kimani and Luke are already reaching out to everybody. if Hurley goes he goes, but I really don't want to get slaughtered in the portal during the post departure 30 day window.

Reaction Score
Anyway....

You have to wonder if the potential of Hurley to the Lakers impacts Thomas' recruitment. I hope Kimani and Luke are already reaching out to everybody. if Hurley goes he goes, but I really don't want to get slaughtered in the portal during the post departure 30 day window.
I'm more concerned with our current players. KY would likely retain them if he becomes coach and he's a great recruiter. I'd avoid any interim tag though.

Reaction Score
We won a Natty turning it over to an assistant with no head coaching experience retaining the key players

Him running off the rails afterwards doesn't change that fact

Reaction Score
We won a Natty turning it over to an assistant with no head coaching experience retaining the key players

Him running off the rails afterwards doesn't change that fact
I would do anything to not return to the mid/late 2010’s.

ANYTHING.

Reaction Score
I would do anything to not return to the mid/late 2010’s.

ANYTHING.

Not understanding this

Are you saying any assistant we hire will get a divorce and go off the rails, in addition to a return to the AAC?

Reaction Score
Not understanding this

Are you saying any assistant we hire will get a divorce and go off the rails, in addition to a return to the AAC?
You’re the one comparing the situation. I’m saying we wouldn’t want that again

Reaction Score
No that's exactly what you did, compare the situation to what I said about hiring an assistant.
That was the whole basis of your response

Of course we wouldn't want that again.

Reaction Score
Your choice of words makes my point. So predictable.
No clue what that means but I'm confident you put the same level of thought into it as your other 3500 posts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom