2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

caw

Reaction Score
I know it's both high school and highlights but it's impressive how he uses his slight frame in traffic to take a bump and still finish.

Reaction Score
Dude is a baller. Is he a program player that can share the ball and play both ways or is he just interested in stats? I think he's a program player.

Let's do this.

Looks to be the former. And we probably wouldn't be recruiting him this late in the game otherwise. AAU is awful offense, but he's still bought in totally on defense and making good reading on drive and kicks

Reaction Score
I watched the first half of New Heights game last night which is only my second time watching Thomas. The first time I was off the charts impressed and posted my thoughts here. After watching the first half last night, I was even more impressed that this was the type of kid that becomes All-everything. He drained 3 threes early and 2 were from deep, he took the ball to the hole 4-5 times in both transition and the half court and converted all but 1, missed a couple 3's then made another. His team was up by double digits with him, then tied without him, then up again with him. This morning he plays in a few minutes at 9:30. I check last night's box score and it lists him as 1-7 from 3? WTF!! I'm having trouble wrapping my head around reconciling the stats to what I know I saw.

Reaction Score
Went thru a bit of too much 1x1 in Q3 and ended 2-8 from 3 according to scorers, but I saw 2 threes and the halfcourt shot which I assume counted. Score on screen was backwards and repeatedly changed with nobody scoring because baskets were being recorded for the wrong team and then corrected. I really am doubting the integrity of stats. (Maxey?)

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2024-06-03 at 10.41.09 PM.jpeg

Reaction Score
For the first time ever, I don't really care who we have to compete with for talent. We're going to compete for an NC every year. We're going to have the most talented lineups that we've ever had. And we're going to attract top assistant coached who can teach and recruit. We've got Dan Hurley and they don't!

Reaction Score
Hopefully they can lock him up before he leaves.

he said this: "On his interest in UConn: "It's a great relationship and they don't recruit a lot of people. I love that they're always watching me, keeping an eye and letting me know how things are with them. They're always critiquing my game and I just feel like they're there. They're not just a school that says 'What's up Meleek' then are gone. They're fully into it, that relationship is strong and it's always a school you can count on to want to go to. They're a winning school and I'm a winning player."

Reaction Score
Someone said the Mullins visit may be off.
I haven't heard about this. would be interesting. he expressed interest in this and got offered recently. doesn't make a lot of sense.

Reaction Score

"I don't want to rush into it" is a concern if he and his family are susceptible to BS and $$$$ but I'm hoping he's as he's appeared so far.........level headed and focusing on what's important like the quality of the staff and how much value they will bring him.

Reaction Score
"I don't want to rush into it" is a concern if he and his family are susceptible to BS and $$$$ but I'm hoping he's as he's appeared so far.........level headed and focusing on what's important like the quality of the staff and how much value they will bring him.

Flipside would be that "not wanting to rush into it" just means that he "doesn't want to rush into it." It's a pretty important decision.

Reaction Score
he said this: "On his interest in UConn: "It's a great relationship and they don't recruit a lot of people. I love that they're always watching me, keeping an eye and letting me know how things are with them. They're always critiquing my game and I just feel like they're there. They're not just a school that says 'What's up Meleek' then are gone. They're fully into it, that relationship is strong and it's always a school you can count on to want to go to. They're a winning school and I'm a winning player."
Well that sounds like he wants to be a Husky to me.

Reaction Score
Well that sounds like he wants to be a Husky to me.
he did say good things about arkansas too but I am liking what I'm seeing so far

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom