2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meleek is currently scheduled for his OV June19-21.BBG Fundraiser at the Aqua Turf Club is scheduled for the 19th. Will be interesting to see how Dan/staff navigate both significant events to start his OV. I'm sure they've got it figured out. Sounds like the team and staff will be in Southington per press release.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but some of these prospect writers need to be more clear. What the heck is the bold sentence supposed to mean? I'm assuming there were multiple games and those were his totals in each, but what a weird way to phrase it.
Yes, 2 games that day. It probably is more clear from reading the entire article.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Aura only goes so far. You still need to be able to match NIL numbers. A player might put a small discount on for the non monetary factors but let’s be real, these are job offers and total comp is a huge part of the story. Provided we have competitive comp, we’re at the top of the heap in terms of most other factors.

Reaction Score
Where you land in the NBA draft is the biggest monetary factor for the "5* and high 4*". Even going from undrafted to middle 2nd round (Newton/Spencer) is/could be some good $'s.

Don't think much impact on a Flagg type kid but how many guys were way ahead of Castle when he committed and how about now?

Still not sure I understand how NIL (and whatever) works re minimum guarantee or "if you are a Paige Bueckers type potential media personality" you can be told "we can guarantee $$$ but with our exposure you'll probably way exceed that." Also, thought sneaker money had some impact on where players go, does being or not being Nike school have much impact on school decisions?

Reaction Score
People wonder why we appear to not being too aggressive recruiting AJ Dybstanta. Could it be that Meleek is a one and done and DH doesn’t want 2 one and dones the same year? Meleek looks like our priority.

Reaction Score
Meleek is currently scheduled for his OV June19-21.BBG Fundraiser at the Aqua Turf Club is scheduled for the 19th. Will be interesting to see how Dan/staff navigate both significant events to start his OV. I'm sure they've got it figured out. Sounds like the team and staff will be in Southington per press release.
I think the BBfG dinner is only for the 2024 championship team, not the new guys. So I'd guess he'll be hanging out with the transfers and freshmen in Storrs

Reaction Score
I think the BBfG dinner is only for the 2024 championship team, not the new guys. So I'd guess he'll be hanging out with the transfers and freshmen in Storrs
Thought the release said that the crowd would also" be introduced to next year's team". Like I said -I'm sure they have it covered. I don't know about the NCAA rules on recruiting protocol re: NIL events-fundraisers and their ability to attend or not.

His visit is obviously tremendously important for UConn as is this event for recognition-NIL-fundraising purposes. If Meleek could be there/can be there--What an introduction to the UConn Family.

Reaction Score
Thought the release said that the crowd would also" be introduced to next year's team". Like I said -I'm sure they have it covered. I don't know about the NCAA rules on recruiting protocol re: NIL events-fundraisers and their ability to attend or not.

His visit is obviously tremendously important for UConn as is this event for recognition-NIL-fundraising purposes. If Meleek could be there/can be there--What an introduction to the UConn Family.
Ah gotcha. Maybe they'll make him buy a ticket lmao

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Yeah I thought the incoming freshmen were included in the dinner.

Reaction Score
People wonder why we appear to not being too aggressive recruiting AJ Dybstanta. Could it be that Meleek is a one and done and DH doesn’t want 2 one and dones the same year? Meleek looks like our priority.
Unless we win the title again, we're going to have 3 to 4 guys at his position who are juniors and sophomores. Could be the reason. He is still growing and could play stretch 4 perhaps.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We are. Im no expert but i think Meleek could start a domino effect if he commits here.
I’m sure part of our pitch to Thomas is getting him committed and talking to Dybantsa and the stretch 4 whose name escapes me. It might give us the confidence to go all in on Acuff as well.

Reaction Score
AJ is better. You get a chance to get him, you take him.

Reaction Score
Dybantsa is a better natural go to scorer than Flagg. Flagg's was better defensively and getting his teammates involved than Dybantsa is. At this moment I give the nod to Flagg.
Is Dybantsa sharing the ball(on occasion) or is he just doing his thing?

Reaction Score
Is Dybantsa sharing the ball(on occasion) or is he just doing his thing?
Yeah from what I've seen, he doesn't seem selfish or anything it's just that Flagg is so great at getting everyone involved. Wasn't trying to slight Dybantsa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom