2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

Reaction Score
From what people have said, it may have been more about the environment at Prolific. I'm confident if we are recruiting AJ that his character isn't a concern.
Works for me kid is a stud would love to have him

Reaction Score
That wasn't my vibe. Curious about your opinion-which I respect
I didn't think it was your vibe, sorry if I didn't convey that well. Dybantsa's passing never stood out to me, he's wired to score and has a really developed scoring game at such a young age. Flagg is just so great at passing and defense. They're very different players despite being bigger guys who can handle the ball really well. I love Flagg's all around game but if someone is looking for a guy to get an easy 30 points Dybantsa is the guy.

Reaction Score
I didn't think it was your vibe, sorry if I didn't convey that well. Dybantsa's passing never stood out to me, he's wired to score and has a really developed scoring game at such a young age. Flagg is just so great at passing and defense. They're very different players despite being bigger guys who can handle the ball really well. I love Flagg's all around game but if someone is looking for a guy to get an easy 30 points Dybantsa is the guy.
Understand one thing-Which has always been true- More often than not-I trust your eye

Reaction Score
This is my favorite rhetorical question.

be a founding father for a program without historical success
start off-season during the first weekend of march madness
more NIL
guaranteed starting spot
guaranteed 30+ minutes
green light
alpha
attend a football school
love baby dolls
hometown team
lifelong fan
hiring a closed loved one
no need to play defense
better climate
urban setting
parents get to be overinvolved

fwiw...i do respect/understand some of the reasons...and of course...to each his own

Reaction Score

2. Five-Star Plus+ SG Meleek Thomas

Meleek Thomas was the second-highest-ranked player, On3’s No. 7 overall, coming into camp. And he displayed an elevated game that ended up being very impressive throughout. For starters, with Thomas, you are never going to have to worry about him competing. Thomas is vocal and he goes all out from start to finish. He is active on defense, and he applies pressure on offense. Thomas’ game totals were at his best during the final game on Saturday when he finished with 33 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists.

Thomas showed the most when he played on the ball. The Five-Star Plus+ guard showed comfort as a primary initiator. He built a lot of his reputation as an electric scorer, and he still has that in his bag. He can create opportunities in the half-court for himself to get a clean look on most possessions. But it was the passing reads and delivery that took his game to a new level. He was good in the pick-and-roll and he shined in delivering passes getting teammates open.

As he did with the Pangos All-Ameircan Camp last week, Thomas finished second at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in assists. In total, the 6-foot-3 guard averaged 22.6 points, 7.9 rebounds, 7.3 assists, and 1.8 steals. He finished fourth in points and ninth in steals.

Reaction Score

Meleek Thomas was the second-highest-ranked player, On3’s No. 7 overall, coming into camp. And he displayed an elevated game that ended up being very impressive throughout. For starters, with Thomas, you are never going to have to worry about him competing. Thomas is vocal and he goes all out from start to finish. He is active on defense, and he applies pressure on offense. Thomas’ game totals were at his best during the final game on Saturday when he finished with 33 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists.

Thomas showed the most when he played on the ball. The Five-Star Plus+ guard showed comfort as a primary initiator. He built a lot of his reputation as an electric scorer, and he still has that in his bag. He can create opportunities in the half-court for himself to get a clean look on most possessions. But it was the passing reads and delivery that took his game to a new level. He was good in the pick-and-roll and he shined in delivering passes getting teammates open.

As he did with the Pangos All-Ameircan Camp last week, Thomas finished second at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in assists. In total, the 6-foot-3 guard averaged 22.6 points, 7.9 rebounds, 7.3 assists, and 1.8 steals. He finished fourth in points and ninth in steals.

He's such a dynamic scorer that folks see him as a SG but this kid's going to develop into a modern PG by the time he's in his early 20s. Coming to play for us, with our egalitarian offense where everybody has to read, react & make plays both on and of the ball, is such a no-brainer.

Reaction Score
He's such a dynamic scorer that folks see him as a SG but this kid's going to develop into a modern PG by the time he's in his early 20s. Coming to play for us, with our egalitarian offense where everybody has to read, react & make plays both on and of the ball, is such a no-brainer.

It is a recruitment that just makes sense in about everyway. His game reminds me of Shai Gilgeous so much that I was worried that Calipari might point that out, but the momentum we have is just silly. I know he said before his senior year season, but I have a sneaking suspicision (like I mentioned earlier in this thread) he will be the first piece of this class, which by the way, will be the best class UConn has ever seen.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

These guys could really use an editor to tighten up their writing; or at least run it through grammerly like my middle schoolers do with their writing.

Reaction Score
At this point, why wouldn't you come to UConn?
The only reasons I could rationalize or see are connections at another program where your AAU coach joined another staff, you have a relative committed to or playing for another program, you dislike the Storrs geography, or want the upfront NIL bag and aren’t considering the long term value of playing here on your long term earning potential.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It is a recruitment that just makes sense in about everyway. His game reminds me of Shai Gilgeous so much that I was worried that Calipari might point that out, but the momentum we have is just silly. I know he said before his senior year season, but I have a sneaking suspicision (like I mentioned earlier in this thread) he will be the first piece of this class, which by the way, will be the best class UConn has ever seen.

That’s a game style comp I agree with.

Reaction Score
It is a recruitment that just makes sense in about everyway. His game reminds me of Shai Gilgeous so much that I was worried that Calipari might point that out, but the momentum we have is just silly. I know he said before his senior year season, but I have a sneaking suspicion (like I mentioned earlier in this thread) he will be the first piece of this class, which by the way, will be the best class UConn has ever seen.

Getting the fairly easy commitment from McNeeley signified a shift. Even after winning the first championship, they still felt like they had to fight too hard for guys and even then still lost out. The staff has no problem out-working everyone else, but they’ve earned the right to have guys competing for their attention/offer.

Reaction Score
Getting the fairly easy commitment from McNeeley signified a shift. Even after winning the first championship, they still felt like they had to fight too hard for guys and even then still lost out. The staff has no problem out-working everyone else, but they’ve earned the right to have guys competing for their attention/offer.
This kinda matches the vibe of what I think it was Mullins said about pushing his visit back. He said something like he was pushing his visit back to the fall around the time he’s going to be committing.

Outside looking in, seems like staff is wanting kids to come in on OV’s who are actually potentially ready to make a decision if they enjoy the visit. (Hoping that means good news for our Thomas visit)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom