2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas is set to begin his official visit to UConn and Dan Hurley today (Merged Threads) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas is set to begin his official visit to UConn and Dan Hurley today (Merged Threads)

Reaction Score
Meleek heard Cal's pitch at Tucky..Now it involves chicken nuggets. Family not hearing it. YaDa-YaDa-YaDa.

He knows the real deal is with Dan.
Dan had 2 guys at 4 & 7 who were coached, won, and showed their value to the NBA.

Cal had 2 kids at 3 & 8 who lost first round and started like 8 games combined.

Make your choice & choose carefully Meleek

Reaction Score
I don't mind the money conversation. But when people just start questioning a kids character with no evidence to back it up that's when it becomes a sensitive topic. If people just keep the conversation about money there would be no arguments.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think the frustration lies in some knowing that being here with this staff is the best path to getting the biggest bag long term.
This has not actually been proven yet.

Technically no Hurley player ever has gotten a second contract. But that’ll probably change very soon.

Reaction Score
This has not actually been proven yet.

Technically no Hurley player ever has gotten a second contract. But that’ll probably change very soon.
It will change but Hurley and the staff have already had several players greatly outperform their recruiting ranking and be drafted higher than “experts” would have foreseen coming out of high school. The guaranteed money Castle and Clingan just earned dwarfed the extra $500K or even $1 million NIL bags (or differentials) some kids base their decisions on. Would Clingan have gone 7th overall if he had gone to Michigan? HELL no. Even if they dropped a huge bag on him it would have cost him a fortune.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth I just went on Rivals and clicked on Maleek Thomas. They have what they call “futurecast” for recruiting. Futurecast says 100% for the good guys. But it also says 70% for Pitt.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or Yogi
Hungry Yogi Bear GIF by Boomerang Official

"I think there is 110% chance of pic-a-nic baskets!"

Reaction Score
I keep hearing this argument but who else has this situation applied to? And I’m talking sporting wise, not front office. The guys on the court/field should be there by merit not nepotism.
Michael Jordan didn’t have family in the league when he played, but he also had zero personnel say or coaching say. Jerry Krause tan those teams. Krause fired Doug Collins and hired Phil Jackson. MJ’s scoring output went down but he started winning championships. Krause drafted Kukoc and raved about him before he ever donned a Bulls jersey, drawing both Jordan’s and Pippen’s ire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom