2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas Electric Trigaloo | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas Electric Trigaloo

Reaction Score
Sure, and if it was anyone else complaining about him I'd let it go. But he moves from one thing to another attacking Meleek and it gets old fast when he attacks his character over and over again. It's completely uncalled for
I wasn’t aware of the history

Reaction Score
I wasn’t aware of the history
Bashing is a bit harsh. I’m just following the kids recruitment alongside the many others and his has a very consistent inconsistency to it. Canceling and moving visits nonstop is very different than how other top recruits have handled themselves. The small things tend to matter.

Oh, by the way, new 247 interview with him.

Reaction Score
Bashing is a bit harsh. I’m just following the kids recruitment alongside the many others and his has a very consistent inconsistency to it. Canceling and moving visits nonstop is very different than how other top recruits have handled themselves. The small things tend to matter.

I used to get more stressed about stuff like this. But the staff has the likes of Mullins and Lewis interested as well. The guy who wants to commit here next will fill out our backcourt. I'm confident that one of them will want to commit here. We should just celebrate the kids that want to be here and wish the kids that don't luck, as long as its not against UConn.

Reaction Score

I get it but we do not know the full story. Didn't he just talk about how he thought it was really special that DH and staff would call just to check on family? There might be something there that would contribute to visits being moved around.

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
I used to get more stressed about stuff like this. But the staff has the likes of Mullins and Lewis interested as well. The guy who wants to commit here next will fill out our backcourt. I'm confident that one of them will want to commit here. We should just celebrate the kids that want to be here and wish the kids that don't luck, as long as its not against UConn.
Same here but got a little older and wiser.

AFAIK on Thomas cancelling trips etc, a lot goes on behind the scenes. Kids cancel b/c they have no connections at a school and they change their minds, or their parents got involved or just change of heart. I cancelled one trip that I should not have said I would go, and called the coach to let him know. Went on another and didn't like the vibe. So things happen and it's not all immaturity (some might be) but more happenstance and other recruiting news runs interference in these kids minds.

Reaction Score

I can't get this to open. Did he say anything worthwhile or interesting? Anything about UConn in particular?

JerseyAlum

Reaction Score
I can't get this to open. Did he say anything worthwhile or interesting? Anything about UConn in particular?
Yes and no..

UConn itself wasn't called out, nor was Coach Hurley or any player.

Subtly, he mentioned three things that stood out to me.

1. Improvement each year of high school - taken lightly as Hurley's want as well
2. Family is important to him: Coach recruits family, is a family guy, etc.
3. Favorite NBA player: Lebron James. Says a lot about Coach Hurley if he was picked to coach Lebron then why can't he coach Meleek?

Reaction Score
Calling it now - he never plays college ball. Ron Holland 2.0. Arkansas to Kansas State as his last two visits, with KSt end of month just feels like a bag off. Let’s get two desperate programs going to see who is willing to drop the biggest.

The Bama skip last second wreaked of immaturity. Skipping visits or postponing visits like he has just gives the sense he’s not taking college seriously. I’m pretty surprised we’re still involved.
You just created 3hrs of content for Zanetto and Sleepers

Reaction Score
Going to be interesting to see how Meleek’s recruitment plays out- wish him the best on his journey!

JerseyAlum

Reaction Score
Loving that video of his trip...gonna see some commits soon and it's going to accelerate.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In @RuffRuff defense. Meleek is terrible at handling his schedule. I don’t think it should be a referendum on his character. But let’s not act like his amount of rescheduling is normal. It’s not. But he’s young and he has a lot on his plate. He deserves some grace .
Does this mean you're granting Thomas's grace, or that we readers should be supporting your call for it from some other source?

If the latter, are you specifying any source or leaving that open or implying that it's a singular entity that ought to be known without further elaboration?

And what about RuffRuff? Any grace for him?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lots of Hurley in that video since it's the only visit he's kept so far. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104