Meet UConn commit Gandy Malou-Mamel | The Boneyard

Meet UConn commit Gandy Malou-Mamel

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
To put it rather mildly, this is crap dreadfully poor journalism. The “editing”, such as it is, isn't, failed to address the errors.
Someone named Zanetto is quoted, but not identified.

The subject is worthy of better writing.

Reaction Score
I think some here are underestimating Gandy’s potential effect on this team next seasn. Though still raw, I’m guessing she will be substantially more effective than DeBerry and will therefore give us a 6’5” backup for Jana (10-15 mostly defensive minutes). Perhaps I am reaching a bit but given the overall talent of this roster, I think this is extremely possible.

Reaction Score
I think some here are underestimating Gandy’s potential effect on this team next seasn. Though still raw, I’m guessing she will be substantially more effective than DeBerry and will therefore give us a 6’5” backup for Jana (10-15 mostly defensive minutes). Perhaps I am reaching a bit but given the overall talent of this roster, I think this is extremely possible.
I don’t think it’s a reach at all. I think Gandy will bring exactly what Kiah Stokes did, a strong long-armed defensive presence and rebounder who will be a decent low-post threat on offense. Sure, she’s still raw, as Kiah was, but she’s very athletic like her, too. The key is that they’re both mobile bigs, which Amari and Piath weren’t.

She’ll get three years playing next to Jana, two with Ice and Ayanna, and maybe four with Lara if all goes well. This is an environment she can grow her skills and thrive in. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Gandy ends up in the W when all is said and done.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was hoping for an audio interview, looking forward to hearing her accent. :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A reminder what Gandy was doing this summer. She also appeared in AAU tournaments here in the US with her AAU team, the New Jersey Shore Shots

Reaction Score
A reminder what Gandy was doing this summer. She also appeared in AAU tournaments here in the US with her AAU team, the New Jersey Shore Shots

I've known Tiny for a long time and he is a great judge of talent but can be a bit hyperbolic........GMM may be the more impactful player but right now guards Mia Pauldo and her twin sister Mya from Morris Catholic are both better basketball players at this point in their journeys.......

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
She doesn't have one, really.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting anything particular -- I'm definitely hearing American and Irish.

I liked when she said she's more comfortable in the cool rain. I had a close Irish friend in school, and in the spring when it was cold and rainy for the better a month, he'd get homesick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom