Meet Qadence Samuels | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Meet Qadence Samuels

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
As long as the recruits are taller than Geno, I’m happy. :)
Oops! :)
1656717055009.png

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Not in my community. Girls ride rough and tough with their Afro puffs!, but I understand whatcha sayin.
You get Major props for the" Lady of Rage" shout out !

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Thanks to some YouTube links, I was able to watch Qadence in game action.

Here is what I observed. TFWIW.

--Though they could pass as sisters (look at the team picture again), Aubrey and Qadence play a different game. Aubrey is probably a better slasher. Qadence has great form shooting threes.
--Qadence needs to get stronger. She has time of course.
--She is a willing rebounder.
--I would bet she has the fewest TOs of any McNamara starter. She seems to make smart choices with the ball.
--If I coached her team, I would run Qadence off more screens like Fairfield did for Lou. Qadence stands around a lot waiting for the guards to do something.
--I think she fits nicely as a three.
--Defending won't be a problem, especially on the perimeter.
--How quickly she sees the floor at UCONN depends how much stronger she gets between now and 2023.
--For not being a frequently mentioned potential recruit in the recruiting thread, this kid can play and is not an afterthought signing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Stymie, look again. There are only 10 roster players here along with Qadence. Brady is NOT in that photo. :cool:

Reaction Score
ICE looks incredibly fit and ready to kick *** and take some names...
If I’m not mistaken, Ice Brady is not included in this picture. I believe she was away USA basketball.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
He's clearly standing on a box!

Jamelle probably said, "Let's goof on those idiots in the BoneYard."
Best post of the day so far!!! :D I'm not offended by the "idiots" reference, it just means that the staff DOES visit the yard from time to time for laughs if nothing else. Geno is already on record saying that the fans "have no clue" about what's really going on. :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A far more detailed article by Maggie on Qadence and how Geno and UConn got onto her and her feelings about it. And her favorite women's player is DiDi Richards (hair explained)

Samuels says was pretty much done with the recruiting process when UConn reached out in June. She was planning on committing during her senior year and already leaning toward Miami.

But after Auriemma saw her at an AAU game earlier this summer, he immediately expressed interest in recruiting her.

“I was really playing hard like diving for the ball, rebounding a lot and I guess Coach Geno noticed me and he told his staff that he wanted me and he wanted to recruit me,” Samuels said. “It was really exciting. I didn’t know UConn was going to recruit me.”

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
While Samuels’ favorite NBA player is Stephen Curry, her favorite in the women’s game is former Baylor star and current New York Liberty guard Didi Richards.

“She’s my favorite player because she hustles for the ball,” Samuels said. “She can dribble the ball. She really scores. Everybody says that I’m just like her but that I can shoot better than her.

Me: :)

Reaction Score
The Didi Richards comp is about as ideal as we could hope for. A shut down defender is so huge for any team.

Reaction Score
What I like is that she wasn't really on the BY radar, and Geno landed her, and now we're all thrilled. Another great recruitment!

Reaction Score
Her family seems to live around basketball. I expect her brothers have introduced her to physicality by now and she needs to get strong but hard work seems to be her MO. What a nice surprise for UConn fans.
Another DelMarVa star slips away from the Turtles.

Reaction Score
Her family seems to live around basketball. I expect her brothers have introduced her to physicality by now and she needs to get strong but hard work seems to be her MO. What a nice surprise for UConn fans.
Another DelMarVa star slips away from the Turtles.
“DelMarVa”?

Reaction Score
Another future UConn star found by the Master! I think she’s about to take a big jump in the rankings but whether she does or not, it’s pretty clear she has big potential!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom